UPDATED list for BLACK Biggest loser challenge

123457»

Replies

• janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Hey fellow black team members. I feel like I missed so much - took me a long time to get through the thread.

you all have the cutest kids... :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I like the bat -team idea, and am excited to be a big loser. So far I am pretty much a loser at losing - but things are starting to improve.

FC, I could definitely use a cheerleader, and your advise has always been very valuable - thanks..

good luck to all my team members - T minus 2 days and counting..

jb
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Black-is-beautiful.jpg

~ whispers to marla....did you have that left over from the 70's?~~~

Solid. (think Linc from Mod Squad-- he was sooo cool)

I even had the fake fro-- permed out the wazoo ala Mike Brady-- looked REALLY ridiculous on a 15 year old girl. :ohwell:

I totally started belting "Solid" by Ashford & Simpson because of that! Don't really know anything about the Mod Squad, though...

My goal for this challenge is really just to lose the last 12 pounds to get to my goal weight. I think the accountability and suppor of working with a team will be a huge help. I can't wait!

Solid was an expression used to indicate you agreed..

I am going to lose 10 pounds during this challenge.

Solid, man!

:laugh: and I loved that song!! Solid as a rock!
    You got it, Jeannie-- solid.

You are the coolest.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Satellitecrush when did you start your weight loss journey? You are doing great!

It's been pretty long and slow...like 4-5 years worth. Each year, I have lost somewhere aound 20 pounds...and in each case, it probably took the whole year to do it. Definitely slow, but it has worked and I can really say it's a lifestyle and not a diet.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Okay I have taken the advice of our leader Bohlon and I have been messaging someone on our team each day to offer some encouragement...but tonight I need someone to pick me! I was totally back on track since the day after Christmas after what felt like the 12 binges of Christmas (as I mentioned on another thread) and tonight, despite the fact that I had a plan for what I was going to eat...I overdid it...by a lot...I didn't even log what I had because I know I went over by a lot...ugh...someone give me a good smack upside my head...I can't screw this up...can't let down myself or my fellow black teamers!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Okay I have taken the advice of our leader Bohlon and I have been messaging someone on our team each day to offer some encouragement...but tonight I need someone to pick me! I was totally back on track since the day after Christmas after what felt like the 12 binges of Christmas (as I mentioned on another thread) and tonight, despite the fact that I had a plan for what I was going to eat...I overdid it...by a lot...I didn't even log what I had because I know I went over by a lot...ugh...someone give me a good smack upside my head...I can't screw this up...can't let down myself or my fellow black teamers!

I need a smack smiley!!! Just kidding we all have bad days just remember everytime you put something to your mouth ask yourself if you really need that! and if the answer is yes then have it but remember you can always exercise to get some calories back.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member

Ok first Laura. Log your food. You know as well as I do that when you see it, it sticks with you. That is why this site works so well. I have logged every single meal (except christmas!) since June. When I ate a 1/2 POUND cheeseburger, with large fries and choc milk shake...I logged and :sad: :sad: and then was :blushing: :blushing: and really wanted a :drinker: :drinker:

I tell you though, when I went to eat another burger, I had those numbers burned in my brain! 3000 cals for 3 meals WTH!!??

You can do this! You are going to ROCK the black teams world and be the biggest loser EVER!!

I love ya girl!!:heart::heart:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member

Ok first Laura. Log your food. You know as well as I do that when you see it, it sticks with you. That is why this site works so well. I have logged every single meal (except christmas!) since June. When I ate a 1/2 POUND cheeseburger, with large fries and choc milk shake...I logged and :sad: :sad: and then was :blushing: :blushing: and really wanted a :drinker: :drinker:

I tell you though, when I went to eat another burger, I had those numbers burned in my brain! 3000 cals for 3 meals WTH!!??

You can do this! You are going to ROCK the black teams world and be the biggest loser EVER!!

Wow I never thought I'd be so touched to have someone call me a loser...I know I can do this...especially now that a whole team is counting on me...are we going to kick people off if they don't lose enough? (Just tell me yes lol...maybe that will keep my motivation up...don't wanna have everyone rooting for me to "go home" lol)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member

Wow I never thought I'd be so touched to have someone call me a loser...I know I can do this...especially now that a whole team is counting on me...are we going to kick people off if they don't lose enough? (Just tell me yes lol...maybe that will keep my motivation up...don't wanna have everyone rooting for me to "go home" lol)
    I hope not cuz I have not lost 1 pound in 2 months!!! I have been good, too!

For this challenge I am adding exercise. I started last week and hope to lose the 1st pound with the black team. Yes, I will be happy to see 142.5 instead of 143....(then up to 145....then down to 143 :laugh: )
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member

I hope not cuz I have not lost 1 pound in 2 months!!! I have been good, too!

For this challenge I am adding exercise. I started last week and hope to lose the 1st pound with the black team. Yes, I will be happy to see 142.5 instead of 143....(then up to 145....then down to 143 :laugh: )

Oh goodness, I am glad to see that I am not the only one who does that. I saw 192 for one day a few weeks ago but didn't even bother to change my ticker for that one because I KNEW it would bounce back up. Sure enough ... and then Christmas happened :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Well, I am headed back that way and on past. But honestly, Jeannie ... I like your quote because it is how I am trying to think about it too. "I am eating healthy and exercising, if I lose some weight while doing so, then wonderful!"

Gotta stay focused on work tonight ... there is so much I want to respond to over on the proud thread but I just haven't had the time today. I have got to get rid of this all-or-nothing thinking ... it is plaguing me in all kinds of ways ... if I can't do everything I want to do or feel like I should do, then I tend to just not do anything at all! Well, that stinkin' thinkin' is on its way out, but it still rears its ugly head in lots of ways!!

Ok ... back to work ... GO BLACK!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Laura - You're a BIG loser! (feel better? LOL) It is just one day & tomorrow will be better. It isn't the 12 binges of Christmas, so you aren't too far gone. *hugs*

Tresa & Jeannie - I've been a bouncer, too the past few weeks. ARGH!

For this challenge, I think I said it before, I'm adding more strength training. I'm hoping it will work!

Who else is nervous about the first weigh-in tomorrow? *raises hand* MEEEEEE! I haven't weighed in a week (very abnormal for me) and I KNOW it is going to be up, but how much up is probably going to make me bawl. :sad:

Satellite - You're losing the right way! WTG!
  • 3babybeans
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/33267-the-new-black-team?page=1#posts-329616

Offical post thread for tomorrow...right, Sam? :bigsmile:
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    No problem with being a huge loser....Oh! You meant weight loss. Looking forward to everyones posts tomorrow.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/33267-the-new-black-team?page=1#posts-329616

Offical post thread for tomorrow...right, Sam? :bigsmile:

that is right! :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    YAY! I done good! :drinker: