Stay-At-Home Moms Ringing in the New Year 12/29 to 2009!!!

Replies

• katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Hi girls! I just got back from Montana visiting my family. I'm so glad to be home! Mack did awesome on the plane, though... slept the whole time! He just turned 4 months on Wednesday!

I lost a couple more pounds when I was on my trip... and now my husband is starting to worry that I'm losing too much. I feel really great about where I am and would actually like to go down about 5 more, but don't tell him!

I'm so excited for 2009! It's going to be a great year!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Man, d's mom! You must have been good this year!

I've been terrible this year. HAHAHA I was moody and pregnant for the first half, and moody and post partum for the 2nd half HAHAHA
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Man, d's mom! You must have been good this year!

I've been terrible this year. HAHAHA I was moody and pregnant for the first half, and moody and post partum for the 2nd half HAHAHA

I'm sensing a theme here-- hmmmm. :wink:
  • My new running shoes are here!!!! ok I hope I can get these pictures up:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Photo159.jpg

MyPicture-1.jpg
  • guntherma
    guntherma Posts: 115 Member
    Nice shoes. Don't suppose you can get those at Shopko. Once I get my finances back in order, I need a new pair of shoes also. I don't run but my sister and I walk during the warmer months - when it is still daylight at 7pm
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Howdy,
    Sweet shoes supermom!
    3BB cute baby picture!
    I don't have time to comment to everyone. I hope you all are well. I just have a minute and probably won't be on again till Monday. I have had a good time here I guess. I got a wii and wii fit for Christmas. I've been wanting one for two years! On the downside my family gave me four maternity shirts. Um, okay, I'll put them in a box and wear them next winter. I wish they had just held on to them or something. I really didn't need to see that. So I am focusing on the wii.
    I have been really depressed and not wanting to get out of bed. And I've been eating lots of chocolate. It's been tough the last few days. I am going to try to get back on track Monday. I guess the saddest thing is that I really just don't care right now that I am eating junk. It doesn't seem that important compared to what I've been through. I know in a month I will regret it and feel different about it. That's why I am giving myself till Monday to straighten up.
    Anyway, I don't want to be a downer. I hope you all are well, and I will check back in on Monday.
    MM
  • Good Morning!!! well..... Good afternoon all!!! I have a feeling with all the Biggest Loser stuff and challenges our little thread is not seeing as much traffic :cry: Oh well as long as we're all staying motivated to lose!! I'm excited to weigh myself on tuesday, I know I havent gained but I'm wondering how much I've lost, my goal is 2-3lbs.Two n a half more days to make that happen. Monday I'm going to have a hardcore "last chance workout"
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Harley is already 4 months old today! :sad: It's going too fast!! :sad:

DH and I are going to D1ck's when he gets home to buy an elliptical. They're on sale, some over 50% off! That''s good because I think my old treadmill is about ready to die. It smells when I use it and yesterday it started making a grinding sound. But it's lasted me several years.

Okay, I gotta go change a really stinky baby. :huh:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Loree-my baby is almost 6 months and she just cut her first tooth! I totally understand where you are coming from. And I'm jealous you are getting an elliptical...I want one but don't have room for one.
  • Just popping on real quick to say Hey! Today has been another one of those rough days. Ayden was doing so good, his gas was down he was pooping once a day and seemed pretty happy but now he hasnt pooped in over 24hrs again n seems to be struggling, ugh I dunno what to do
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    wow-- this thread is slowing down. A bit busy over the holidays, ladies?

Glad I didn't miss much. Saying good bye to my big brother who has been visiting since New Year's Eve-- don't want him to go. It was an incredible visit-- sighhhhhh.

Must get some sleep-- crazy days, crazy nights-- got some exercise in today, and I'm pooped!!!

Hugs to all-- have a great day!!!!!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Good morning ladies!
    Yep, this thread really has slowed down:ohwell: But I think its probably like someone (supermom I think?) said before, with all the BL challenges going on and the way the Proud thread is really moving...I think we all are just getting everything said in those threads and by the time we make it over to this one we feel like we're repeating ourselves:laugh:
    I think that we're all still here though and hanging in there:wink:
    I wish everyone a wonderful, relaxing Sunday. Its my 1 day a week off from exercise:smile: I try to not just lay around all day, although some days thats what I would like to do:laugh: , but I just have a "regular" day. No "planned" exercise. So, everyone have a great day and be happy and healthy:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    wow-- this thread is slowing down. A bit busy over the holidays, ladies?

Glad I didn't miss much. Saying good bye to my big brother who has been visiting since New Year's Eve-- don't want him to go. It was an incredible visit-- sighhhhhh.

Must get some sleep-- crazy days, crazy nights-- got some exercise in today, and I'm pooped!!!

Hugs to all-- have a great day!!!!!

Marla-Im sad for you that your brother is leaving:cry: Regarding what you said on another thread about it...I just wanted to say that I know EXACTLY what you mean and can 101% relate. Nuff said:wink:
    Big hugs goin out for you:heart:
    ~Roni
  • guntherma
    guntherma Posts: 115 Member
    Hey there, well I have to say life has gotten busy. New tax time. UUUUGGGGHHHH!!!! I have to get stuff together for my daycare business taxes, personal taxes, I do the books for a local church so they want all of their year end reports, budgets and projected budgets within the week, I need to get the year end book work done for the First Responder group that I volunteer on, my sister-in-law wants me to do her taxes and now the lady that works for me in my daycare wants me to do her and her husbands taxes (he has his own business). Oh my, here comes a lot of sit-down-at-the-computer time. Doesn't leave much time for my own children. I think I will schedule in a weeks vacation just for my own sanity. My weight is leaving something to be desired at this point and I am afraid that will suffer also. Anyway, now that I am done with my panic attack (just kidding) I better get some work done. Have a great day.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    I think I'm not posting over here as much b/c I got SO far behind earlier this week & can't address everyone as I usually do. Tomorrow we'll have a new thread, the holidays will be over, life will be restored to some sort of "normal"...HA! At least "normal" for us!

Supermom - Love the shoes! Fancy schmancy!

MM - I'm so glad you're married to a man that cares enough to surprise you, take you out & take care of you. I'm baffled by the fact that your family got you maternity shirts, though. WTH? *hugs* Looking forward to hearing more about your family time!

Marla - I am SO glad you were able to have this time with your brother & mend some wounds. *hugs* Sorry you had to see him go today, though. :sad:

Guntherma - Good luck surviving tax season! BLECH! I'm glad someone else does ours. :tongue:

Lyn - I had a little "rant" on another thread about what I asked for vs what I got for Christmas. I must have been a bad girl this year. LOL

Hello to Lori, Loki, Jawaria & everyone else that I'm sure I forgot. I need to take notes! LOL
  • Lyn_Matthews

Lyn - I had a little "rant" on another thread about what I asked for vs what I got for Christmas. I must have been a bad girl this year. LOL

Wow I must have missed that. I went to look for it then realized...what thread?? I could be looking forever. :laugh: I wouldn't mind a calm revamped version. LOL

PS how do you keep up with the Proud thread..I've tried but DANG so many proud peoples!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    I'm actually quite behind on the proud peeps right now. You miss a day, you miss a lot! Just jump in over there if you'd like! It's a fun place to be. :happy:

I think it was on the "Sooooo...what'd ya get?" thread...*searches* Found it!

"What'd I get? Nothing I asked for. Why do people ASK if they aren't going to GET any of it...not even close...none of it...

I asked for a heart rate monitor & gift cards for clothes. I got gift cards for restaurants (thank you?), bath & body works stuff (which I can't use b/c of my sensitive skin...i break out horribly & they all know this), and a giant sweater (which I would love if it wasn't a horrible teal color). Oh. The icing on the cake? My aunt got me an XL sweat suit that "you can't wear now b/c you've withered away to nothing." :mad: Not that I would wear it in the first place. I can't tell you the last time I put on a pair of sweat pants. I feel so ungrateful b/c I really do hate the materialistic aspect of Christmas & do believe that "it is the thought that counts", but COME ON, PEOPLE! Don't waste your money on something I don't want &/or need! And I really don't think any of them THOUGHT about it (except my mom who bought the sweater. Long story there but the color is putrid). I'm a brat.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that all I got for Christmas is a ton of extra calories that I consumed trying to keep my dang mouth shut all day. YAY! :bigsmile: LOL "

Tada! hehe
  • mechanicmom
    Hey all, I'm back home. Just got in a few minutes ago. Glad to be home I guess. Alex had a bit of a rough time while we were there. He didn't play with my brothers like he usually does and he was having more "episodes". We wondered if he got into something (wheat or dairy) and we didn't know it. But he may have just been overwhelmed. It's been a weird couple of months, so it may have all been too much for him.
    DH is already hooking up the wii! :bigsmile: We have so many things plugged in and plugs going to those plugs! Ugh. It's a mess. lol
    I ate Horrible all weekend. I mean really bad. I just didn't care. But I was getting tired of it by today. Tomorrow I am going to do better. Next week I'd like to get set up to get off junk food and sweets again for a month. I can at least clean it up this week. I know I will have sugar, junk food and caffeine withdrawals over the next few days.
    I'm still bleeding and getting downright tired of it. I will get back to working out tomorrow too. Even if it's just playing on the wii. :tongue: I'll start my push ups back up too.
    Anyway, just a note to touch base. I'll see you all tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great weekend!
    MM
  • mechanicmom
    Oh no! The wii doesn't work! :sad: DH called tech support and we found out the sensor bar is not working. We don't have the receipt since it was a gift so now we have to see if Nintendo will ship us another one. It will take three days or so. I have waited two years for it so I suppose I can wait a few more days. I hope they won't have a problem sending us another one. :ohwell:
    MM
  • Lyn_Matthews
    MM I'm sorry your Wii doesn't work. Hopefully you will have it up and running soon. Thank you for mentioning push ups. My hubby and I are starting the challenge tomorrow, I'm starting week 1 and he's starting on week 3...stupid strong boys.

3BB thanks for the repost. That is exactly how I felt last year, so I made it a point this year to be VERY specific. I was much happier with the results of this year. Call me ungrateful, call me spoiled, call me whatever...if you are gonna buy something at least make it something I want...and don't have to return!

See you all in the new week!