"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! Regular cleaning, grocery and laundry today. Going to have lunch with my inlaws who I haven't seen in person since pandemic started.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, sissy squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: McDonald's for dinner, but I was well within my calorie range including a little less. Get to have a good lunch today with my inlaws and in an Asian restaurant I haven't to in a long time.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Loaded schedule and kbox class tonight. Thanksgiving vacation week so no school yard duty work. I'll still try to make the the steps by doing a little extra walking today.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Thai last night. I had a papaya salad with grilled shrimp and some Thom Ka chicken soup. Was a great day yesterday because the 9ers won, I won in FFL and the Warriors won.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,990 Member
    Options
    Weights: Push Day

Cable twist in/out 2x15 (not sure official name...elbow at ribs, hand goes in a half circle ribs to away from body, 15 reps pulling cable handle towards ribs, 15 reps pulling away from ribs, that's one set)
    Bench press 5x5-1 (-1 rep, +10#)
    Incline DB press 3x10
    Decline cable fly 3x10
    BB Overhead press 3x5
    Cable tricep pushdown 3x10

Meal: buffalo chicken strips, rice, broccoli

Fantasy Football Update: after going a perfect 8-0 the last two weeks, my winning streak came to a crashing halt this week, going only 1-3 (thanks Dak Prescott and your measly 3 points...). Although one league I was hosed, as I was the #2 scoring team on the week, over 30 points better than #3...but facing the #1 scoring team. Still in playoff position all 4 leagues, though, with a pair of 7-4 and a pair of 6-5.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Weights: Push Day

Cable twist in/out 2x15 (not sure official name...elbow at ribs, hand goes in a half circle ribs to away from body, 15 reps pulling cable handle towards ribs, 15 reps pulling away from ribs, that's one set)
    Bench press 5x5-1 (-1 rep, +10#)
    Incline DB press 3x10
    Decline cable fly 3x10
    BB Overhead press 3x5
    Cable tricep pushdown 3x10

Meal: buffalo chicken strips, rice, broccoli

Fantasy Football Update: after going a perfect 8-0 the last two weeks, my winning streak came to a crashing halt this week, going only 1-3 (thanks Dak Prescott and your measly 3 points...). Although one league I was hosed, as I was the #2 scoring team on the week, over 30 points better than #3...but facing the #1 scoring team. Still in playoff position all 4 leagues, though, with a pair of 7-4 and a pair of 6-5.
    Lol I was 3-7, now 4-7 with a plethora of teams in the 5-6 range. Only 3 teams have winning records. I still have a chance.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Yesterday was so busy in the gym and I'm seeing people there I haven't seen since summer.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: brat and salad for dinner. I'll make flaken short ribs for tonight.
  • nossmf
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Weights: Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Row 4x10
    DB One-arm row 5x5
    Face Pull 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10

Meal: baked chicken, buttered egg noodles, steamed vegetable (TBD)

Observations: Normally I wait 48 hours between lifting sessions, but with Thanksgiving this week I'm gonna get my 3 days lifting in the first three days, then have a long, relaxing weekend of eating without working out, nor even leaving the house. With luck, not even leaving my pajamas, but that may be pushing it a little, lol.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full day of work and then some since I don't have school duty. Subbed in some sessions where some clients are leaving for the weekend.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Friend and I went out for dinner and I had a super burrito. Well within my calories.
    I was pretty spent yesterday from work and class.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Leg Day

Deadlift 5x5
    BB Step-Ups 3x10
    Leg Press 3x10
    Glute Press 2x10

Meal: spicy peanut chicken over rice

Observations: That's it, I got my 3 lifts in for the week, now get to take the next 4 days off from working out. I will sleep in (as much as the puppy allows me to before being let outside), eat like a pig (as much as time allows, as I am also the chef), watch football (see previous statement), and relax.

Fantasy football update: Despite being wracked by injuries this year, my four teams are all doing quite well. This week I'm projected favored in 2, a deadlock in a third, and a lost cause in the fourth. Considering last year my four teams combined to win 10 games on the year, I'm very pleased with how things have gone so far this year. Three more weeks until the playoffs, nothing guaranteed yet.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday and Happy Thanksgiving! Only have one client this morning and then kbox class then off the rest of the day to enjoy time with my family and FOOTBALL!

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Pork fried rice homemade. Saving a lot of calories today for eating later tonight. I will be getting in some extra walking to help offset some of the eating I'll be doing later. As for FFL, I think this weekend will determine my chances for playoffs.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Black Friday sale at the gym to start the full holiday season. My schedule is pretty full in the morning, but afternoon is trimmed down due to the holiday. At least I get to go home early.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Stayed well within calories. No turkey or stuffing because we ate flanken short ribs for dinner since it's what my daughter wanted. Ready to hit it good this weekend.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Regular cleaning, grocery and laundry today. With the DD and DW out of town till Sunday evening I have the whole house to myself.

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, sissy squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner. But I will indulge in an apple pie given to me from a client at work.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Ugh...yesterday was spent finding waste in our family budget and trimming it. One of the expenses cut was my gym membership, not because it's a waste but because we have medical bills and car repair bills which need to take priority, until they are paid off, which could take several months. So starting with the new year I will need to come up with a fitness routine using only what I already have at home. Gonna be a challenge developing a routine for a weight lifter using only a pair of 15# and a pair of 25# DB's.

Being a responsible adult parent sucks at times, ya know?
  • ninerbuff
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Ugh...yesterday was spent finding waste in our family budget and trimming it. One of the expenses cut was my gym membership, not because it's a waste but because we have medical bills and car repair bills which need to take priority, until they are paid off, which could take several months. So starting with the new year I will need to come up with a fitness routine using only what I already have at home. Gonna be a challenge developing a routine for a weight lifter using only a pair of 15# and a pair of 25# DB's.

Being a responsible adult parent sucks at times, ya know?

When I'm gone from the gym (vacation usually) and can't get a gym nearby, I bring suspension training straps with me. You can still get a decent workout with them just to keep everything up, especially back and chest. I spent less than $50 on one.
  • nossmf
    Options
    I'm guessing they attach somehow to a doorframe?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I'm guessing they attach somehow to a doorframe?
    Yes, there's a door attachment. Look on YOUTUBE under TRX exercises and you can see all that you can do with it.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Loaded schedule and kbox class tonight. Back to the grind. Kids are going to be crazy after vacation. It happens every year.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell last night. I had 3 taco supremes and a steak burrito supreme fresco. Had over 1200 calories to spare so got my taco fix.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Pull Day (scheduled for Push Day, but every single bench press and DB bench was taken)

Pull-ups 3 sets
    BB shrugs 3x10
    Cable row 5x5
    Pulldown 2x10
    Chindown 2x10
    Hammer curl 3x10

Meal: chicken fajitas (no beans)

Observations: I was reminded today about the military base gym where I work. As I'm a contractor and no longer active duty I didn't think I had access, but my boss told me we do, though there may be limitations on hours or whatnot. Heading over there after work to find out the details, but it looks like I may not have to give up lifting after all!

Fantasy football update: Went 3-1 this week, which should all but guarantee those three getting into the playoffs. The last one slipped to 6-6 and on the outside looking in, but two more weeks in the regular season can still theoretically change things. But this squad has been hammered by injuries this year (2/3 of my week 1 starters have missed time), so frankly the fact I'm sitting at .500 this late in the year is nothing short of miraculous.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I won in FFL this week. That's 3 in a row and I'm now 5-7. With 2 games left, I STILL have a chance to make the playoffs.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Had to do a lot of modification exercises for clients because gym was so packed in the evening.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi last night for dinner. Was great to watch Seattle lose and watch another couple of my friends lose in FFL bumping me up in the standings of our league. Gotta win the next game for sure just to stay in.

• nossmf
    Options
    Gym assessment: Happy day! The rumor of contractors being able to use the military base gym are true. I walked around the facility yesterday, and it has a reasonably comprehensive weight room. I will have to substitute free weights for a couple missing machines, but that's probably for the best anyway. Given how close it is to my work office, I can now decide whether I want to workout before work or hit the gym during my lunch period. Only downside is my old gym doesn't require masks, this one does, but if I stick to weights it shouldn't be an issue. (I tried doing cardio once while wearing a mask, just about passed out from lack of oxygen, so no thank you. Any cardio I do will be outside mask-free, not masked up indoors.)

Fantasy football update: The results of week 12 posted overnight:

Team 1: 8-4, clinched playoffs
    Team 2: 8-4, clinched playoffs
    Team 3: 7-5, win this week (vs the last place team) will clinch a playoff spot
    Team 4: 6-6, trail last playoff team by 1 game with 2 weeks to go

Last year, all of my teams finished 5-8 or worse (one went 1-12), one team got into the playoffs because of the high-scoring waiver (first five spots earned by record, final spot goes to highest scoring team not already in), lost in the first round. So this year has been a massive improvement over last year.

Miscellaneous: Last Friday my wife and I agreed to cancel our cable to save money, as the only reason we had it anymore was for me to watch football, and I was willing to sacrifice watching for the good of the family. (Looking back, I wish I'd waited until Monday to cancel so I could watch my Broncos win vs a division rival.) At work yesterday, a coworker told me he'd made the same decision a couple years ago, but had found a way to watch football anyway, and gave me the website. So with luck it'll work for me, and I can have my cake and eat it, too (or rather watch my football without paying for it).