"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! Early day and full schedule. Glad it's a short day for school. I'll get to nap earlier.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Leftovers for dinner. I was tired so that's a good thing. Didn't have to think of what I needed to cook.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Weather's been nice and I've been able to shed my sweat shirt as of late.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Sweet and sour pork and beef chow fun for dinner. I've been kinda lazy as of late to cook.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule and end of my week! Been a long busy week. Looking forward to a slow day tomorrow.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner. Weight has remained steady since RD 5.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout and then it's competition day for my daughter. At least it's short although we do have to drive a little ways out.

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, sissy squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pizza last night. At least it's not super high calorie.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,903 Member
    Cardio: Elliptical - 30 minutes (420 calories)

Strength: Legs D

Squat 4x20
    Hack Squat / Calf Raise Superset 3x10
    DB Bulgarian Split Squat 3x10
    Leg Extensions 2x10
    Seated Leg Curl 2x10

Workout assessment: Was worried doing elliptical before leg day would haunt me, but if it did it waited until the Bulgarian Split Squats to do so, as the regular- and hack-squats felt great. But not as great as the hot tub after all was said and done! lol They still haven't recalibrated the scales yet, with one scale saying I weigh 186, the other 196...the truth is likely somewhere in between.

Today's meals: Lunch - grilled chicken sandwich and broccoli, Dinner - spaghetti and side salad (no dressing)

Life notes: Tonight is my first of three graveyard shifts, with this one 12 hours, the next two 8 hours each. I have enough leftovers so I can actually eat almost normal this time, without having to rely upon snacks or takeout food. Let's see if the larger dose of protein than last rotation makes any significant difference in how easy it is to stay awake all night long. Either way, looking forward to leaving the office Tuesday morning and not reporting back again until Saturday.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. Well weekend was a doozy. Competition went off well, but earlier in the day I found out my kitchen faucet was leaking under the sink. Yesterday, I went and purchased a new faucet and had to remove the old one (no easy task) and then install the new one. At least the problem is solved now.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. Been holding steady since last weigh in for RD 5 but will push this last week to try to drop another pound or so.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. With the rain in effect yesterday, the gym was crowded. It's clear today so there will likely be less people.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and baked potato. Fasted a little and will continue for the rest of the game.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Early day and full schedule. Glad it's a short day for school. I'll get to nap earlier.

Assessment: Flanken short rib and vegetables.

• nossmf
    Strength: Push A

Cable twist In/Out 2x15
    Bench Press 5x5-4-3-2-1
    Incline DB Press 3x10
    Decline Cable Fly 3x10
    OHP 3x5
    Cable Press-down 3x10

Workout analysis: Every single treadmill and elliptical were in use when I got to the gym, didn't want to do a stepper or bike, told myself I would do cardio AFTER I lifted. Yeah, that didn't happen, so... Added 5# to my bench, and my reps fell apart: last time I did this workout, I managed 5 reps at the top weight, but by adding 5# from the first set I barely struggled through two reps at top weight.

Today's menu: Lunch - double hamburger and tater tots, Dinner - spicy peanut chicken and rice

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Not much going on today.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Chicken adobo and rice for dinner. It was a long day yesterday and looking forward to spring break from school next week.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule and end of my week! First of the month and new goals! And no school next week! Tomorrow is last day of daughter's Color Guard competitions as well.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner. Down .5lbs since last RD. Will push for at least another .5 lbs before RD 6 weigh in.
  • nossmf
    Yesterday (never got online to post):

Cardio: Elliptical - 420 calories

Strength: Pull A

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Row 4x10
    1A DB Row 5x5
    Face Pull 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10

Workout notes: Every single squat and deadlift rack was in use when I hit the weight room, but experience has taught me that the decline bench press is rarely used, so I took the bar, loaded up on the floor right there, and did my BB rows. Looked a little out of place, being the only person doing back work in an area dominated by chest setups, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right?

Meals: Lunch - Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese, Dinner - Lasagna with side salad (no dressing)

Today:

Cardio: Elliptical - 420 calories

Strength: Legs A

Deadlift 5x5
    BB Step Up 3x10
    One-Leg Leg Press 3x10
    Glute Press 2x10

Workout analysis: Getting in 40 minutes on the elliptical, followed by 45+ minutes lifting, plus shower time, plus hot tub time on leg day, all adds up to a LOT of time. When we solve our manpower issue at work and I leave shift work for day staff once again, I'm thinking instead of 3 long workouts per week I'll do 6 shorter workouts, alternating days of cardio or lifting. As far as today's workout, the free-weights leg press machine was being monopolized by a group of lifters rotating through, so I went to the machine area. The machine leg press tops out at a weight I normally call a warmup, but I decided to try doing one leg at a time rather than both together, and yep, that sure ramped up the intensity!

Meals: Lunch - grilled chicken burger with broccoli, Dinner - spaghetti with side salad (no dressing)

Life notes: my boss is currently tearing his hair out. A month ago we had enough people to pull all the shifts, plus two day staff to help attend all meetings and phone calls for my boss. Fast forward to today, and two shift workers have quit, forcing me to move back from day staff to shift work, while the other day staff member had a death in his family so he's out of pocket as well. My boss is left juggling meetings and phone calls all by himself, asking if I can help cover some meetings in addition to working shift, but this next week I'm on the books for 60 hours of shifts, so no can do, sir.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout and then it's FINAL competition day for my daughter. This one is all day long since it's Championships. Since it's my daughter's Senior year, this will be special for her.

Strength: quads- squats, leg press, sissy squats, leg extensions, lunges 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chicken adobo and rice for dinner. I'm holding steady and making a final push before the final weigh in on Monday.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox tonight. Competition ended this weekend and it's also Spring Break so I don't have to go to the school. A much needed escape from the school with all the kids acting crazier as the year progresses on. Got a week to focus on my fitness better now.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. I haven't lost very much since last weigh in, but I'm still under goal by a smidge and will complete this Transformer with success!
  • nossmf
    I was supposed to go to the gym this morning after waking up...set my alarm, prepped my gym bag, good to go. But I forgot one crucial detail...turn the alarm on. Ended up waking up almost 3 hours later than planned, no time for gym before going to work. Must've needed the sleep, I guess. Now I'm debating throwing today's Push day on top of tomorrow's Pull day so I can get them both in this week. (Working graveyard shifts rest of the week, I don't lift between graves for safety sake, so after tomorrow the next day this week I can lift will be Saturday Legs.)
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Supposed to be really hot today, but I'll get in an extra walk since no school.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Lamb and rice for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Cardio: Elliptical (430 calories)

Strength: Push B

DB Press 5x5
    Incline Bench Press 3x10
    Machine Decline Press 5x5
    DB Shoulder Triset - Front Raise, Lateral Raise, Rear Lateral Raise 3x10
    Lying DB Skull Crushers 3x10

Workout analysis: I fully intended upon waking today to do both Push and Pull lifting routines, figuring I've done so before. But that was in my pre-cardio days, and I made a judgment call at the end of my Push routine that I was just too gassed to give a Pull day justice. So unless something weird happens, looks like I'll get my Pull day in on Saturday, and Legs will get pushed to Monday.

Today's food: Lunch - honey salmon with rice and veggies, Dinner - leftover BBQ chicken with Fritos

Life update: Had the appointment today to see about getting my son's senior portraits done. Ye gods, I had no idea how expensive it was going to be! Spending over a thousand is almost expected, and the prices rapidly go up from there with the higher packages. After the appointment my wife, son and I all went out to lunch, where he revealed that he'd been thinking of NOT going to college right after high school and instead enlisting in the Army, with an eye toward joining the Rangers special forces. As an ex-military man, from a long tradition of military family members, I'm all for the idea, but my wife is understandably scared for the safety of her baby boy. But she, too, has lots of military background behind her, and will not stand in his way.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Early day and full schedule. With no school, I get some extra rest!

Assessment: Steak and vegetables yesterday. Completed my Transformer and will continue on losing till I hit my goal weight of 170lbs.
  • ninerbuff
    nossmf wrote: »
    Cardio: Elliptical (430 calories)

Strength: Push B

DB Press 5x5
    Incline Bench Press 3x10
    Machine Decline Press 5x5
    DB Shoulder Triset - Front Raise, Lateral Raise, Rear Lateral Raise 3x10
    Lying DB Skull Crushers 3x10

Workout analysis: I fully intended upon waking today to do both Push and Pull lifting routines, figuring I've done so before. But that was in my pre-cardio days, and I made a judgment call at the end of my Push routine that I was just too gassed to give a Pull day justice. So unless something weird happens, looks like I'll get my Pull day in on Saturday, and Legs will get pushed to Monday.

Today's food: Lunch - honey salmon with rice and veggies, Dinner - leftover BBQ chicken with Fritos

Life update: Had the appointment today to see about getting my son's senior portraits done. Ye gods, I had no idea how expensive it was going to be! Spending over a thousand is almost expected, and the prices rapidly go up from there with the higher packages. After the appointment my wife, son and I all went out to lunch, where he revealed that he'd been thinking of NOT going to college right after high school and instead enlisting in the Army, with an eye toward joining the Rangers special forces. As an ex-military man, from a long tradition of military family members, I'm all for the idea, but my wife is understandably scared for the safety of her baby boy. But she, too, has lots of military background behind her, and will not stand in his way.
    Sounds like a plan for you son. My daughter has registered for community college first to decide if what she studies there is what she wants to pursue for career.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Just the Warriors against the NON PLAYOFF Lakers tonight!!!

Assessment: Sweet and sour pork and chow fun for dinner. Too tired to cook. Won my Dietbet Transformer and got a total of $410 back!!!