"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    @nossmf sorry to hear your wife is back in the hospital. Hope things go well.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Chicken adobo and rice for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule and a long day for me. At least there's not much I have to do after work.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: McDonald's for me last night. I was beat after a long day at work.

• ninerbuff
    nossmf wrote: »
    Strength: Push Day

Bench Press 5x5,4,3,2,6
    Incline DB Press 3x10
    Decline Cable Fly 3x10
    Standing OHP 3x5,8,12
    Lying EZ-Bar Extends 3x10,15,20

Analysis: Slept awful last night, so really had to mentally focus to make up for lack of physical energy. Early on this was enough, and actually helped me to push my highest bench wait for more reps than expected. But as the workout progressed, I opted to lighten the load the last two exercises, making up in volume what suffered in intensity.

Food: Lunch - buffalo chicken strips with rice, Dinner - baked chicken with rice (not intentional to have rice twice in the day...just a product of what leftovers are available for work lunch vs the dinner menu planned out a week in advance)

Life: Three weeks ago my wife had surgery to remove her gallbladder, stayed in the hospital for a week before coming home. Everything seemed to be progressing well in her recovery until a few days ago, when she started getting pain and fever. She waited on doing anything until her scheduled post-op appointment today, but now the doctor wants her back in the hospital for follow-up tests. And so it begins all over again...
    I hope all turns out well. Crossing my fingers.

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Cardio: 15 mins fast marching

Strength: 50 mins yoga

Assessment: Feels like I'm back in my groove after my sister's visit. Yay!

Annie
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Not going to do much today except clean the house and get groceries. Am watching "Queen of the South" on Netflix though.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner. My usual vegetables and terriyaki chicken.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,960 Member
    Caught a summer cold from my daughter which laid me up for 48 hours, so no workouts for me to end the week. On the plus side, I've been able to watch the next three portions of my Marvel marathon.

As for my wife, she's got a post-surgical infection which she's getting IV drips to take care of, but it does mean several more nights in the hospital. We oughta have her name plate on the room.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! A full schedule this morning. At least I'm fully rested. After I have to do laundry and grocery shop.

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: KFC for dinner. At least I have the calories to spare.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox class tonight. New month and new aspirations! Looking to drop another 5lbs this month!

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. I didn't do much but grocery shop and laundry after work. Been binge watching TV as of late to catch up on shows I've wanted to watch.
  • nossmf
    Strength: Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    Cable Row 5x5
    BB Row 4x10
    BB Shrugs 3x10
    Face Pull 3x10
    Cable Hammer Curls 3x8,10,12

Analysis: I felt like I could have hit the gym back on Saturday, but under the principle of "wait until you feel ready...then wait 24 hours more" I decided to take the weekend off and hit the gym running today instead. Still have a bit of a cough, but all other symptoms are gone so was raring to hit the gym this morning. But in the time it took me to drop off my clothes in the locker room, the squat racks went from one in use to ALL in use. Since I refuse to do squats using a Smith machine, I had a choice: do my leg routine out of order, or do my workouts out of order. With the leg press machine also in use, I opted to simply skip leg day until tomorrow and instead do the pull day.

Food: Lunch - soy chicken with buttered egg noodles, Dinner - steak stir fry with rice and veggies

Life: My wife is STILL in the hospital, struggling against nausea to keep any food in her system so she can come home. I'm struggling with which type of guilt do I want to live with...neglecting my teenage kids to spend time with her, or vice versa. (I'm also struggling to ignore the increasing medical bill looming in the future...one problem at a time.)

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Working on adding a little more cardio this month

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak, rice and salad for dinner. Binge watching Queen of the South has kept me up later at night. I should be watching less.

• nossmf
    Strength: Leg Day

Squats 4x10
    RDL 3x10
    Leg Press 3x10
    Leg Extend 2x10
    Lying Leg Curl 2x10

Analysis: Something about lying leg curls is so much harder than seated leg curls...had to drop about 20% off the weight.

Food: Lunch - baked chicken with rice and broccoli, Dinner - BBQ pork chops with sauteed red potatoes

Life: My gym has been promising "new equipment" for a couple weeks now, shuffling around other stations to make room. Found out today what they had in mind: four power cages in a row, bam-bam-bam-bam, with corresponding benches you can move in/out and corner attachments for T-bars. This effectively increases our bench presses from 3 to 7, and our squat racks from 4 to 8 (3 cushioned for Oly lifting). Hopefully I will no longer have a repeat of yesterday, where I couldn't find an open squat rack to get my work done. In addition, they added a glute press machine which mimics the position/motion of a BB hip thrust, but in place of a bar there's a massive padded belt which goes across the hips. Will be curious to try that out sometime.

Life 2: My MCU marathon has added my daughter watching with me, which is a total surprise to me as I never knew she had even the slightest interest in these types of movies. Personally I think she's just faking polite interest and is more interested in spending time with me. But between work, commute, spend time with wife in hospital (hopefully to be released in next couple days), cook dinner, cleanup, and only then start the movie (including frequent pauses to explain to daughter what's going on), I'm staying up way too late. Thinking I'll save the movie watching for the weekend when I don't have to get up at 5am just to train before work.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. Looking to nap this afternoon.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Flanken short ribs and rice. Onto Season 3 of Queen of the South. Crazy series.

• nossmf
    Strength: Push Day

Cable Twist In/Out 3x15
    Bench Press 5x5
    Incline Bench Press 3x10
    Decline Machine Press 5x5
    Seated Smith OHP 3x5
    Cable Push-Down 3x10

Analysis: Stupid laptop. Was planning on hitting the rack by 10 last night, get a full 7 hours of sleep, just had to do one task on my laptop. But thanks to some "mandatory" security patch automatically downloaded, I needed to restart my laptop multiple times before I could actually do what needed to be done. By then I looked up at the clock and it was almost midnight! *sigh* Still got my full chest workout done anyway despite only 5 hours sleep, but this is two weeks in a row doing bench presses off limited sleep. Just think how much better my workouts would be if I actually slept properly...

Food: Lunch - stir-fried steak and rice, Dinner - baked chicken with potatoes

Life: My wife came home last night (called me on my drive home from work to come pick her up)! Pain's all but gone, still dealing with low-grade nausea which limits her food choices somewhat, but she's home!

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Gotta start do "safety videos" for school again as I'm resuming my yard duty again this year, but at a different school.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express last night. I've been pretty horrible this week with calories. Need to get back onto program and not let myself get lazy on this.
  • nossmf
    Cardio: Elliptical 55 minutes (586 calories)

Analysis: Motivation to get up and do cardio only was really low today. Main reason I actually did get up was to prove to myself I am still capable of exerting will-power over myself, lol.

Food: Lunch - General Tso chicken and rice, Dinner - Breakfast (French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon)

Life: My headphones are finally showing their age. Bought them way back 13 years ago when I first started lifting regularly, along with my iPod for music. The iPod lost the belt clip years ago (which limits my workout clothes to those with pockets), but the headphones have lasted this entire time until now, when the last couple workouts only one of my ear pieces still makes sound. Thought at first it was my iPod wearing out, but the same headphones plugged into the elliptical today had the same problem, so it's definitely a headphone issue. I'm rather loathe to replace them, not only because I'm a cheapskate but also because I've tried other headphones over the years out of curiosity, but the ones which clip to the ear or slide inside the ear canal always fall out on me, and the over-ear ones these days are crazy expensive, not to mention I'm not sure how well Bluetooth headphones would work with my old-school iPod.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule and a long day for me. Another long day for me, but at least it's Friday!

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Fresh shrimp roll and pho. Love Vietnamese food.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! I tweaked my ankle so hopefully I still get a good leg workout. Have to mow the lawn today cause it looks like crap. Then later clean the house and go grocery shopping.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chinese for dinner. Broccoli beef and bok choy.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! A full schedule this morning. Been dealing with posterior tibial tendinitis and it even hurts to just walk. Ugh. Trying to rehab it fast.

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. Finished watching Queen of the South.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox class tonight. Good start to the month and ready to continue this week!

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Lamb last night for dinner. Just finished laundry and watched a comedy on TV last night before turning in early. Well early for me at 10:30pm.