"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,688 Member
    Strength: Full Body

Deadlifts 5x5
    Hack Squat 3x10
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 3x10
    DB Front Raise <triset> DB Lateral Raise <triset> DB Rear Lateral Raise 3x10
    DB Curl <superset> Lying DB Extension 3x10

Analysis: Rather than wait until Saturday to do this workout AND some cardio together, I did my lifting today since I have a church choir retreat Saturday morning. My lower back wasn't an issue during my deadlifts, my gimpy shoulder wasn't an issue on anything upper body, so it was a good session.

Food: Lunch - roast beef sandwich, Dinner - baked salmon with rice
  • Yanezpina
    Yanezpina Posts: 27 Member
    edited August 2022
    Hi folks, 36F, 5'4", 204.2 lbs this morning.

New here but not new to fitness or proper weight loss and health. I previously lost 35 lbs but old habits crept back on me and I am back with 70 to lose. Committed to keeping it off for good this time. Just starting out with that beginner mindset again, but ready to get after it.

1RMs
    Bench: 165 lb
    Squat: 240 lb
    DL: 290lb

Cardio:
    Walk 3 miles at 3mph (2 miles prior to workout then 1 after)

Strength
    Bench: 3x6 @ RPE 6
    Duffalo bar squat: 3x6 @ RPE 6
    Power bar squat: 1x12 @ RPE 6
    RDL 3x10 @ RPE 6
    Sprinter sit ups 3x12 bw
    Lat pulldown: 3x10
    Oblique band iso holds 3x30 sec each side

Assessment
    Good adherence to cals and protein; feeling good and looking forward to making this happen.
  • nossmf
    Welcome, welcome, welcome @Yanezpina! Don't take this the wrong way, but may I point out those are massive 1RM's for a lady? At least in my decade plus experience lifting anyway. Other gyms may of course have different clientele resulting in different numbers, but at my gym only one woman in twenty lifting look like they could match you.
  • Yanezpina
    @nossmf Takes weight to move weight ( :D:'( ) Thanks though. I'm one of the weaker ones at my gym. Keeps me hungry!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,451 Member
    Yanezpina wrote: »
    Hi folks, 36F, 5'4", 204.2 lbs this morning.

New here but not new to fitness or proper weight loss and health. I previously lost 35 lbs but old habits crept back on me and I am back with 70 to lose. Committed to keeping it off for good this time. Just starting out with that beginner mindset again, but ready to get after it.

1RMs
    Bench: 165 lb
    Squat: 240 lb
    DL: 290lb

Cardio:
    Walk 3 miles at 3mph (2 miles prior to workout then 1 after)

Strength
    Bench: 3x6 @ RPE 6
    Duffalo bar squat: 3x6 @ RPE 6
    Power bar squat: 1x12 @ RPE 6
    RDL 3x10 @ RPE 6
    Sprinter sit ups 3x12 bw
    Lat pulldown: 3x10
    Oblique band iso holds 3x30 sec each side

Assessment
    Good adherence to cals and protein; feeling good and looking forward to making this happen.
    Welcome!

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! Just gotta do some light cleaning and laundry today. Will rest cause I'm kinda beat with school starting and working longer now than over the summer.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Taco Bell yesterday for dinner. I was too tired to cook anything after putting in a 12 hour day of work.

• Yanezpina
    edited August 2022
    Cardio: ~3 mile walk

Strength: 60 minutes hot yoga (never really sure how to count yoga. It gets the heart rate up like cardio, but is definitely very strength based. Putting it here for now.)

Assessment: Good adherence yesterday. We have a bumper crop of zucchini in the garden so made zucchini "boats" and filled them with a mix of ground chicken, tomato, corn, onion, garlic, and black beans topped with cheese. Super tasty and high protein, glad I tried it!
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! A full schedule this morning. Have a family party to attend after work with a lot of food again.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chinese for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kbox class tonight. Okay it's been almost a month since I've run on the treadmill and today I'll try and hopefully not have any issues.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pizza yesterday. I was bushed and daughter was begging me for pizza and I just wanted to relax and watch House of the Dragon last night.

• Yanezpina
    Happy Monday!

Cardio: HIIT walk/run 30min and 3x400m rowing

Strength: 30 min circuit of db clean & jerk, db curls, push ups, db deadlift

Assessment: Had friends over for a BBQ yesterday (weekly free meal). Didn't log anything and was up 1.5 lb today, but back on track today.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. A week in school now and the kids are coming up to me to talk now.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner. I'm a TLC junkie and watching the Family Chantel last night felt good/bad because though I liked them as a couple, family on both sides are horrible to their inlaws.

• nossmf
    From yesterday (Monday):

Strength:
    Leg Day

Squats 4x10
    SLDL 3x10
    One-leg leg press 3x10
    Leg extensions 2x10
    Seated leg curls 2x10
    Planks 3x30 sec

Analysis: Normally I like to lift first thing after waking, so I get up at 5am to lift before work. Today I had to be AT work by 6, and my gym doesn't open until 5, so I had to push my workout until after the work day. Got it done, but felt odd. Especially disappointed in my planks...figured I could do a couple minutes per set, but form was already suffering after a quarter of that time. Will have to build up over the weeks to come.

Food: Lunch - PBJ, Dinner - sloppy Joe's

Life: Had a wonderful salmon dinner last Friday, was looking forward to using the leftovers as a work meal. Then I remembered how much people gripe about reheating fish in the break room microwave, so I decided to be a nice coworker and NOT bring the salmon to work. Since I had zero leftovers otherwise, my lunch was a low-protein PBJ and a protein shake. Bleh.

Life 2: The gym finally declared the hot tub "fixed" but it was barely what I would call warm, let alone actually therapeutically hot. At my age after a heavy leg day, soaking in a true hot tub is a crucial part of the recovery process. Without it, and here today (the next day) I'm still feeling yesterday, when normally I don't.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. Ugh, rear brakes need to be replaced and I hate when I have to get them done because I have to find another way to get to work.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner.

• jvglynnjr
    jvglynnjr Posts: 2 Member
    Strength: pull day - 1 set each 10-15 reps
    cable lat pull-down - 155 lb X 15
    cable seated row - 110 lb X 15
    DB rear delt raise - 15 lb X 15
    BB curl - 73 lb X 12
    trap-bar dead lift - 250 lb X 12
    gripper - 169 lb X 12

Cardio: Concept2 row erg intervals (sprint 4 min + slow 3 min) X 4 ; HR > 150/min

Assessment: Food at prescribed macros, plenty of water, feeling a little under the weather but have to work 60-hr shift. Next workout target in 3 days: push day & 5 km run.
  • nossmf
    A 60-hr shift, @jvglynnjr? Are you a fireman, cop, military? I still remember quite vividly my 96-hr shift in the military following the events of 9/11. Welcome to the forums, and glad you felt comfortable making this thread your first ever post.
  • nossmf
    Tuesday:

Strength:
    Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Row 4x10
    BB Shrugs 3x10
    Cable Row 5x5
    Face Pull 3x10
    Cable Hammer Curls 3x15,12,10
    Side Planks 3x20s

Analysis: Another early work day-shift, had to workout after work. Got the work done, but it was quite a humbling day at the gym surrounded by a different crowd than my usual early-morning group. First thing in the morning I'm about middle of the pack strength-wise, with the top guy out-lifting me by maybe 25%. But this crowd included a series of powerhouses, including multiple guys with biceps bigger than my quads (which are, if I do say so, pretty decent). Of the guys who were about my size, one was deadlifting 495 for doubles with room to spare (47% more than me), and another guy was benching 405 for sets of 5 (97% more than me). Combined with doing side planks for the first time in years and having to stop the clock after a measly 20 seconds, and I just had to shake my head at myself.

Food: Lunch - roast beef sandwich, Dinner - chicken fajitas
  • nossmf
    Strength: Push Day

Cable Twist In/Out 3x15
    Bench Press 5x5
    Incline Bench Press 3x10
    Decline Machine Press 5x5
    Seated OHP 3x5
    Cable Pushdown 3x10
    Perloff Press 3x10

Analysis: Felt great to be back lifting this morning first thing upon waking, increasing the weight on two of my lifts. First time doing a Perloff press, I think I like it.

Food: Lunch - Burger King, Dinner - baked chicken with buttered egg noodles

Life: I've gotten spoiled the last couple months, always having dinner leftovers I can take to work for lunches. But for a variety of reasons, this week I haven't had ANY leftovers, so I've been scrambling to find something without simply buying fast food every day. But today I'm gonna have a burger, dang it.
  • jvglynnjr
    jvglynnjr Posts: 2 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    A 60-hr shift, @jvglynnjr? Are you a fireman, cop, military?

paramedic
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning.Triple digit heat today. Good thing I'm only outside for 2 hours.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda express for dinner.

• nossmf
    Cardio: Elliptical - 1 hour hills (586 calories)

Analysis: My weight's creeping back up, up 1.5 pounds from a month ago. Assuming my food logging remains reasonably accurate, I'm guessing most of the difference is water weight, as in my earlier weight measurements came following a combo-day of both cardio AND weights, resulting in lots of sweating, where today was cardio only with correspondingly less sweat. My pants continue to get looser at the belt line, so no cause for alarm.

Food: Lunch - workplace burger burn, Dinner - breakfast (French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon)