"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Just yard duty and work today.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Vietnamese for dinner last night. I love fresh shrimp rolls.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,903 Member
    Cardio: Elliptical Hills - 5km (420 calories)

Food: Lunch - chicken strips and rice, Dinner - BBQ pork chops and potatoes

Life: Tomorrow is my youngest daughter's appearance in state marching band competition, my boss is letting me take the day off to freeze my tush in the stands and watch. Apparently, Friday is the state semi-finals; how they fare tomorrow will determine if they repeat it all over again in the Saturday finals.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. When the DUBS play defense like they did last night, they can beat any team. Need to clean up the turnovers though.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Pizza for dinner. My daughter talked me into it.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout then just my regular cleaning today. Starting to get colder now, so I've donned the sweat pants and sweat shirt again.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chicken sandwich for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule this morning. Was disappointed in DUBS loss last night and hopefully the 9ers pull off a win today. My first player on Thursday scored 0 points after getting injured in the 1st quarter. Not looking like a good winning weekend for all my teams.

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Thai food for dinner. A little too spicy (hot) for some of it so I didn't eat as much as usual.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. Well the 9ers won and I still have a chance with Chubb tonight to win my fantasy game.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. Wearing a Deebo jersey and hucking my 9ers helmet and gloves today for Halloween.

• nossmf
    Strength: Leg Day

Squats 4x20
    BB Step-Ups 3x10
    BB RDL 3x10
    BB Hip Thrust 3x10
    Seated Calf Raise 3x10

Abs - Rectus Abdominus
    Cable Crunches 3x10
    Plank 3x90sec

Analysis: Real life kept me out of the gym over the weekend (cheering for my daughter at state Friday, church choir Christmas concert rehearsal Saturday), so today I woke up looking forward to lifting leg day. Went a little lighter on squats, but everything else was at full weight and felt great.

Food: Lunch - pork chops, Dinner - Pizza Hut

NFL: Broncos playing the early game was a bummer, not because of having to wake early enough to see them, but because I had to stop watching halfway into the third quarter to get to church. Wanted to watch the rest of the game when I got home, but multiple of my fellow choir members had their phones out to monitor the rest of the game, and of course they couldn't keep the results to themselves and had to blurt out to me every score, turnover, etc. They meant well, but it kinda ruined being able to feel suspense during the replay when I got home. But we won for the first time since week 3, so for the next two weeks at least (we have a bye Week 9) we can feel good about ourselves for a change. Not so good for my fantasy teams, though...somehow my opponents invariably were filled with players like McCaffery, Kamara, Tyreek Hill, and other people just going off. Entering the week I was projected to win all four leagues, heavily favored in three of them; my teams scored just fine, but my opponents exploded into HUGE scores (one team has a chance to break 300 points with Chubb still to play tonight).

Life: My daughter's marching band competed at State on Friday. I thought the team looked fabulous, but I'm biased. The team missed making it to the finals by fractions of a point, so she was disappointed, but not overly so, since this was the best result the school's team has had in more than a decade, and she still has three more years with the team.

Halloween: I had intended to wear a costume for work, but completely forgot to grab it at 5am before going to the gym. Considering I'm wearing a Broncos polo, I guess you could say I'm pretending to be a "fan of a GOOD team" lol. My kids are all too old for trick or treating, and my daughter's invite to a Halloween party got rescinded after the other kid got busted by her parents for inviting too many people, so we're gonna order pizza and watch Halloween movies as a family, taking bets how many times the dog will go ballistic with all the doorbell rings.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Lucky for me Chubb had a good night! I won and am now 5-3 and in the top 6. Now I just have to hold my place to make it to the playoffs. Figure I need to win at least 3-4 more games to be ensured.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pork chop and salad for dinner last night.

• nossmf
    Strength: Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Row 4x10
    BB Shrugs 3x10
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Preacher Curl 3x10, 12, 15

Abs: Side
    DB Side Bend 3x10
    Side Plank 3x40sec

Analysis: My BB rows have been progressing nicely, very happy with them. My side planks, however, have me shaking like a leaf after just 10 seconds, while regular planks I'm fine until approaching 90 seconds. Ugh.

Food: Lunch - chili, Dinner - chicken fajitas

Fantasy: Chubb may have helped @ninerbuff but he hosed me, helping my opponent get a come from behind MNF victory. Ended up going 1-3 on the week, giving me records of 7-1, 5-3, 3-5, 2-6. My 7-1 team is all but guaranteed a spot in the playoffs, but it's a 3-team race for that first round bye between me and a pair of 6-2 teams, both of whom I've beaten already this year so hold the tie breaker. Absurdly, my 2-6 team actually has a better chance at making the playoffs than my 5-3 team does, because the division I'm in is so terrible that I'm actually tied for division lead.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. So tired so looking forward to napping later.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and kbox class this morning. Just yard duty and work today.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner. Watched Andor last night. I like this story line.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Since last week, the DUBS have lost every road game. Ugh.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Korean fried chicken for dinner. YUM.
  • nossmf
    Strength: Push Day - Yesterday (Thursday)

Cable Twist In/Out 3x15
    Bench Press 5x4,3,4,3,6
    Incline DB Press 3x10
    Decline Cable Fly 3x10
    Standing OHP 3x10,8,6
    Cable Pushdown 3x10

Abs: Obliques

Perloff Press 3x15s
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10

Analysis: Several items from this workout:
    Something is off in my grip on my right elbow. My grip strength is fine, but I'm experiencing pain in the outside of my elbow when I grip, so bummer. Not letting it stop me, but grrr!
    After I did my cable fly's, I went ahead and knocked out my ab work before moving on to the standing OHP. Unfortunately, this tired my core out more than expected, so I wasn't properly bracing during the OHP, leading to me arching my back and straining just a little, leaving me feeling it in my lower back today...not pain, just "hey, buddy, watch it next time."
    A buddy of mine who joined the gym only a couple years ago initially could barely bench the bare bar. This workout he spotted my final set, where I eeked out 6 reps, before he went to his bench and casually lifted the same weight for 8 uber-smooth reps unassisted. I was simultaneously proud and annoyed, lol.

Food: Dinner - homemade fried chicken Thursday, baked salmon with rice and broccoli Friday

Life: Wednesday was a total cluster *beep*. I thought I could work from home, so stayed up late Tuesday night spending time with my wife. Got woken up uber-early Wednesday by a phone call from work asking why wasn't I there, didn't I know I had an early shift? I had completely forgotten, so threw on clothes, ran out the door, got to work 90 minutes late operating on about 3 hours of sleep. After work my truck said I had just enough range to get home without getting gas, so away I go. As you can already guess, not 5 miles away from home my truck dies while I'm in the fast lane surrounded by interstate traffic, flip on my hazard blinkers and somehow make it to the side of the road on an offramp. Call up roadside assistance, they dispatch somebody with gas, takes him 45 minutes to get to me. Fill the tank, hit the ignition...nope, sorry, buddy, gas wasn't the issue after all. Call up roadside assistance again, this time for a tow, told the wait will be 90 minutes. After 90 minutes, insurance texts to see if the tow has arrived (of course not), promise to find out how much longer. Five minutes later I get another text saying the first tow company cancelled my order without telling anybody, so insurance found a different company, expect another 90 minutes (oh, joy). Tow truck eventually arrives, hauls my truck to the mechanic (ironically where I was en route towards anyway to get some routine maintenance), wife picks me up there, head home. Took almost six hours from initial truck dying to me finally arriving home (I could have WALKED the five miles in a fraction of the time!), which when combined with the early morning meant a trip to the gym was out of the question, pushing Wednesday's workout to Thursday, after I called in sick to ensure I wouldn't be summoned to work again.
  • ninerbuff
    nossmf wrote: »
    Strength: Push Day - Yesterday (Thursday)

Cable Twist In/Out 3x15
    Bench Press 5x4,3,4,3,6
    Incline DB Press 3x10
    Decline Cable Fly 3x10
    Standing OHP 3x10,8,6
    Cable Pushdown 3x10

Abs: Obliques

Perloff Press 3x15s
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10

Analysis: Several items from this workout:
    Something is off in my grip on my right elbow. My grip strength is fine, but I'm experiencing pain in the outside of my elbow when I grip, so bummer. Not letting it stop me, but grrr!
    After I did my cable fly's, I went ahead and knocked out my ab work before moving on to the standing OHP. Unfortunately, this tired my core out more than expected, so I wasn't properly bracing during the OHP, leading to me arching my back and straining just a little, leaving me feeling it in my lower back today...not pain, just "hey, buddy, watch it next time."
    A buddy of mine who joined the gym only a couple years ago initially could barely bench the bare bar. This workout he spotted my final set, where I eeked out 6 reps, before he went to his bench and casually lifted the same weight for 8 uber-smooth reps unassisted. I was simultaneously proud and annoyed, lol.

Food: Dinner - homemade fried chicken Thursday, baked salmon with rice and broccoli Friday

Life: Wednesday was a total cluster *beep*. I thought I could work from home, so stayed up late Tuesday night spending time with my wife. Got woken up uber-early Wednesday by a phone call from work asking why wasn't I there, didn't I know I had an early shift? I had completely forgotten, so threw on clothes, ran out the door, got to work 90 minutes late operating on about 3 hours of sleep. After work my truck said I had just enough range to get home without getting gas, so away I go. As you can already guess, not 5 miles away from home my truck dies while I'm in the fast lane surrounded by interstate traffic, flip on my hazard blinkers and somehow make it to the side of the road on an offramp. Call up roadside assistance, they dispatch somebody with gas, takes him 45 minutes to get to me. Fill the tank, hit the ignition...nope, sorry, buddy, gas wasn't the issue after all. Call up roadside assistance again, this time for a tow, told the wait will be 90 minutes. After 90 minutes, insurance texts to see if the tow has arrived (of course not), promise to find out how much longer. Five minutes later I get another text saying the first tow company cancelled my order without telling anybody, so insurance found a different company, expect another 90 minutes (oh, joy). Tow truck eventually arrives, hauls my truck to the mechanic (ironically where I was en route towards anyway to get some routine maintenance), wife picks me up there, head home. Took almost six hours from initial truck dying to me finally arriving home (I could have WALKED the five miles in a fraction of the time!), which when combined with the early morning meant a trip to the gym was out of the question, pushing Wednesday's workout to Thursday, after I called in sick to ensure I wouldn't be summoned to work again.
    Ugh, what a tough day.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout then just my regular cleaning today. Not to much going on, so I'll likely catch up on some lost sleep.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: McDonald's and the famous McRib for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule this morning. No 9ers today. So just FFL and watching my players.

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Popeyes for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. Ugh, I was winning in FFL until the last 3 minutes when Ertz caught a TD pass. Now I'm 5-4. Good news is I get back all my starters this week.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. I relaxed after taking care of all my household chores and am trying to find a series to watch now that I'm caught up on all the ones I like.

• nossmf
    Strength: Leg Day

Squats 4x20
    BB Step-Ups 3x10
    BB RDL 3x10
    BB Hip Thrust 3x10
    Seated Calf Raise 3x10

Abs - Rectus Abdominus
    Cable Crunches 3x10
    Plank 3x90sec

Analysis: I think I'm gonna keep my squats a little lighter, about 80% of what I was doing before my enforced lighter week. My depth is much better today, and after posting my little summary of intensity techniques, I thought I'd better follow my own advice, lol.

Food: Lunch - Subway, Dinner - chicken strips with rice

Fantasy Football: No Broncos this week, so just watched my fantasy teams. Entered the week favored in all four leagues, but thanks to the twin buzz saws of RB Joe Mixon and QB Justin Fields, I got completely plastered in two of my leagues, going 2-2. This gives me records of 7-2, 6-3 and a pair of 3-6.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Well with a loss, I'm now in 5th place with a game lead over 4 teams. I need to keep winning or these teams could take my spot. I play my best friend this week too and my RB and TE are playing the 9ers. Ugh the stress.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and salad.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. I'm tired so looking forward to taking to my nap.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner.