"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,956 Member
    Cardio:
    Elliptical - 5km hills
    Dog walk - 30 minutes
    Shovel snow - 30 minutes

Strength: Full Body

Deadlifts 5x2,3,5,5,5
    Hack Squat 3x10
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 3x10
    Seated BB OHP 5x12,10,8,6,4
    Preacher Curl 3x10 (Last set double drop set)

Analysis: I could tell from the first pull that deadlifts weren't gonna happen per usual today, had to drop the weight twice before I could get full sets (about 90% normal). Given the continued discomfort in my right forearm/elbow, I'm temporarily swapping out the front/side/rear raises for seated BB OHP, so part of today was just seeing how much I could actually handle. More than I expected, actually, which made me happy.

Food: Lunch - Panda Express, Dinner - Breakfast (French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon)

Life: About a month ago, my oldest moved back east with his girlfriend to live with her father (parents divorced) while they got their feet under them. Fast forward to today, and my son's decided to move back home, citing insane prices in Baltimore, too much culture shock being the only white guy in a black neighborhood, and nonstop fighting with his girlfriend and her family. My wife takes off tomorrow for the two day drive to get him, stopping at her own father's place on the way there and back, spending Thanksgiving with her folks. Looks like it'll be just me and my three teenagers for Thanksgiving, which will be celebrated on Friday due to me working Thursday.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,494 Member
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! Full schedule this morning. Not much to do since the 9ers don't play till tomorrow evening. Warriors do play at 4pm though.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. Ugh, I'm up right now (damn Cousins did nothing yesterday) but my opponent still has Conner and the SF def. Here's hoping they shut down Conner, but give up enough points to not let the Def score too high.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi last night for dinner. With no school this week, I can stay at work and do a little more cardio to help offset the debacle that will happen this week on Thursday.

• nossmf
    Workout: N/A

Analysis: My elbow has been getting slowly better despite regular use in the gym, so this week I'm not lifting at all, see if it gets all the way better. Thought about doing leg day, but figured it'd only lead to me wanting to do the other lifts as well. Thought about doing cardio only, but...well, cardio only, no thanks. I'll just have to monitor my diet. I'm down about 10 pounds since the start of the year, while looking actually bigger because the fat between muscles is disappearing, making the muscles themselves look bigger without actually being bigger. I've been enjoying my reflection in the mirror lately.

Football: Ugh, watching my Broncos lose yesterday was so incredibly hard. Not just the way we lost (taking the lead with seconds to play, allowing the other team to drive for the tying field goal, then march easily to a touchdown in overtime while we never saw the ball), but the fact we lost to the RAIDERS, our most hated rival who's even worse than we are, but didn't look it. Sigh.

Fantasy: Day started with literally ALL my RB's doing literally nothing (one team has Barkley, Chubb and Pierce, who combined for under 10 points). One league got saved by Davante Adams (at least SOMETHING good came of that game), another league saved by Travis Kelce. In tonight's game, both I and my opponent have a linebacker playing, who can score anywhere from 1-25 points each, and we're only 5 points apart, so who knows at this point.
  • nossmf
    Fantasy Addendum: Just got home after work and discovered how MNF proceeded. I ended up going 2-2 on the week, but darn near was 1-3 thanks to facing the trifecta of Jimmy G, Ayuk and Kittle all going ape together. Good thing I had D. Hopkins on my side to squeak out a win by less than a point. This gives my records as 9-2, 6-4, 4-6, and 3-7. Stupidly, all of my teams are still in the playoff hunt (at most 2 games out), and none of my teams have clinched a playoff spot yet. So yeah.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Warriors lost and so did I in FFL. I'm a game out of the last spot of the playoffs. I NEED to win at least 2 of the last 3 games and a couple of people to lose at least 1 to make the 6th and final spot. I'm at 5-6 with 4 teams at 6-5 and one of them I play in the 14th week. Ugh.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and rice last night. Need to start cutting down a bit to help offset upcoming Thursday.

• ninerbuff
    edited November 2022
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. The calm before the storm. But I do have a lot of cancelations today due to many just not here because of travel plans. Holidays seem to get people to forget about their routines when it's usually this time that people gain the most weight in the year.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Popeye's chicken sandwich for dinner. On FFL note, I just dumped Dillion (I am having a problem at WR points) to get Treylon Burks. I still have Ekler, Chubb and Pollard as my RB's and as long as they stay healthy, I should be fine. Now if I could get a QB (Cousins) that is consistent. I lost because of Cousin's lackluster performance last week.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday and Thanksgiving! Only a couple of clients and class and the gym closes at 12pm so it will be a zoo this morning. When I get home I have to cook Asian short ribs for family party.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Black Friday sales for membership have the gym busy this morning. At least I go home early.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: I did okay. Not too much food and in FFL I'm projecting above with good showings from Cousins and Shultz this week. Pollard was just short of projections but only by .5 points.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout then just my regular cleaning today. Warriors keep winning at home. Just got to learn how to win on the road now.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Flanken short ribs for dinner. Off to a good start for my FFL team before tomorrow's games. Need to win these next couple and have a couple of teams lose to make the playoffs this year.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. It's so stupid that I'm up big on my opponent and that he would need a miracle run to beat me this week...........................then Josh Jacobs has a career night. I have the 2nd highest score again and may lose unless Pittman pulls out his best ever night. Sometimes I hate FFL.

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi last night for dinner. Back to school and crazy kids again.
  • nossmf
    Strength: Leg Day

Squats 4x20
    BB Step-Ups 3x10
    BB RDL 3x10
    BB Hip Thrust 3x10
    Seated Calf Raise 3x10

Abs - Rectus Abdominus
    Cable Crunches 3x10
    Plank 3x90sec

Analysis: My first trip back to the gym after taking last week off. (Still walked the dog occasionally and Christmas decorating involved lots of lifting/carrying boxes from storage/moving furniture.) My elbow is better, not 100% but better, tomorrow's pull day will be the test. My grip was an issue during my RDL's, but I have been increasing the weight lately so I may just pull out my old wrist wraps for future leg days. Weight's up slightly after last week's combination of idleness and overeating, but not by much and should be fairly quick to remedy.

Food: Lunch - ground hamburger and rice, Dinner - BBQ pork chops with sauteed red potatoes

Fantasy Football: My top team won easily, should have guaranteed a spot in the playoffs. If I can get 5 PPR points from Najee Harris tonight, I'll be in a 4-way tie at 5-7 for the division lead. My other two leagues I've pretty much just written off as hopeless, even though technically they are mathematically not yet eliminated.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Well I'm in 8 place now and 6th and 7th are one game up on me. I NEED to win the last 2 games and have them lose at least one because I lead in points on a tie breaker.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and rice last night for dinner.

• nossmf
    Strength: Pull Day

Pullups 3 sets
    BB Row 4x10
    BB Shrugs 3x10
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Preacher Curl 3x10, 12, 15

Abs: Side
    DB Side Bend 3x10
    Side Plank 3x40sec

Analysis: As feared, my grip remains compromised...but only in the pronated position. Supinated and neutral positions my grip strength remains intact. Simple enough to alter pull day just enough to accommodate, now I'm thinking ahead to how I'll do deadlifts on Saturday. Maybe I'll try out that hexagon bar which wraps around you and allows you to use a neutral grip.

Food: Lunch - chicken strips and rice, Dinner - sautéed summer sausage

Fantasy Football: I watched just enough of MNF to see Najee Harris score and get my needed 5 points before turning off the game. Went 2-2 on the week, which gives me the following records:

3-9, eliminated
    5-7, 4-way tie for division lead, 6-way tie for final wild card spot
    6-6, eliminated
    10-2, win this week guarantees playoffs, win plus rival loss guarantees a first-round bye
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. Just need to get through the day today.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Lamb shank with gravy and biscuits. I haven't made it in a long time and daughter loved it.

• nossmf
    Strength: Push Day

Cable Twist In/Out 3x15
    Bench Press 5x5
    Incline DB Press 3x10
    Decline Cable Fly 3x10
    Standing OHP 4x12, 10, 8, 6
    Cable Pushdown 3x10, 12, 15

Abs: Obliques

Perloff Press 3x15s
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10

Analysis: Of all the possible distractions at a gym, an underrated one is losing your watch with which you time the rests between sets. Nobody turned it in to lost and found, so guess I need to buy yet another one. This one lasted over two years, but most watches I get last on average 6 months before losing them. Used to be the weight room had multiple wall clocks I could look at instead, but for some reason has taken all of them down.

Food: Lunch - skillet seared pork chops with sauteed red potatoes, Dinner - French dip sandwiches with baked fries
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Last month of the year! This helps to set up the upcoming year so it's a great time to reassess so that you can get a start now before the new year hits!

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: McDonald's for dinner. Well tonight starts the path on whether or not I make the playoffs this year. I got ousted last year on a tie and I don't want to go through that again.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. So glad it's Friday. Got to get in early and get my work done.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Ribs and rice for dinner. Time to get back to eating a little less.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout then just my regular cleaning today. Warriors keep winning at home.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Fresh shrimp roll for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. Well yesterday I had to win to make the playoffs...........and didn't. Second year in a row where I've missed our playoffs after 10 years of making them every year. My friends are happy since I've been 1st or 2nd eight times out of those 10 years.

Assessment: Sushi last night for dinner. I drowned my sorrows in banana creme pie yesterday after being ousted in FFL. On a good note the 9ers won without Jimmy at the helm. He's done for the rest of the season, but may be available for playoffs along with Trey Lance.