"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,486 Member
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. Well the Warriors won a road game and the 9ers won their division so a good weekend. Also, I was able to clean everything I needed to before my BIL and SIL arrive in a few days.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: McDonald's last night for me.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,898 Member
    Workout Update: Dropping a note to say I haven't disappeared; I just haven't been hitting the gym either. Towards the end of last week's rest to eliminate some nagging injuries, I had developed a couple more, so I'm unofficially taking the rest of the year off from lifting to try to get rid of everything (elbow, hip, grip) once and for all before resuming weights with the new year.

Christmas Surprise: With my son getting ready to report to military basic training after New Year's, we've been making plans for how to spend as much quality time together as possible before then. Over the weekend he completely blew me away by surprising me with an early Christmas gift of tickets for the two of us plus his brother to go see the Broncos live. Weather was great, the Broncos snapped a 5-game losing streak, and we had an absolute blast!

FFL: When I got back home, I checked on my team in round one of the fantasy playoffs. Good news is my team scored more than 20 points better than my season average! Bad news is my opponent scored more than 30 points better than his average. I theoretically have a shot to advance if his QB Aaron Rodgers suffers a complete meltdown, but I'm not liking my chances. Looks like I'll be down to a single team left for a shot at a title.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Gym was really busy yesterday and people bringing us all sorts of goodies.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. My weight has stayed steady which is good.

• nossmf
    Food: Lunch - spaghetti, Dinner - fajitas

Assessment: Weight has held steady without working out, though I not only mentally really want a good lifting session, plus I feel I'm losing my tone just a tad. I'm also planning on baking a bunch of holiday cookies with my kids on Friday, which is guaranteed to put me over calories for the weekend. I will not stop from enjoying them, but I may need to take my dog for an extra walk or three to help burn at least a few calories. Though maybe not the next few days...projected daytime high temps are supposed to be low single digits with a negative windchill.

FFL: As feared, I lost in round 1 of the playoffs, when I would have won had I swapped QB's (started Herbert who did nothing, benched Prescott who would have won it for me). I have one team left in contention (out of 4), facing a division rival for the third time this season. I've gone 2-0 against him so far, and am projected as an early 2.5 point favorite to win a hat-trick and advance.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. 2 days left for school. Can't wait.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Steak and salad for dinner. Warriors lost again. Right now not looking good for them to repeat as champs.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and class this morning. Last day of school for the year! My BIL and SIL are arriving today to stay with us for the holidays.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner. Warriors lose big again against KD and company. With no Curry, Klay or Wiggins, the Warriors are a 2nd rate team which is concerning since they have only a few years left and this is what our starting core may be.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Had fun last night with BIL, SIL and kids. We played on the Wii and games I haven't played forever. Hahaha, we laughed so much.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Pizza last night for dinner with them. Thing is after all that eating, I was down 2lbs this morning.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend and Xmas eve! Workout then just finish some wrapping of gifts. And the 49ers play later this afternoon before I head to my sister's for Xmas eve.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chicken adobo, rice, Asian salad for dinner.

• nossmf
    Just hopping on to wish you Merry Christmas, sir. My only workouts have been shivering in the sub-zero cold and roaming the kitchen making dozens of cookies. I hesitate to wonder what my weight will be come the new year when I next weigh myself; I'm tracking my main meals to ensure I get adequate protein, but not tracking all the treats I'm having in addition. No football for me this week, today is all about baking plus church services as part of the choir for multiple services, tomorrow I'm not even gonna ask to watch football on Christmas day. I'm projected as a 3-pt favorite in my semi-final matchup for fantasy, so here's hoping.
  • ninerbuff
    nossmf wrote: »
    Just hopping on to wish you Merry Christmas, sir. My only workouts have been shivering in the sub-zero cold and roaming the kitchen making dozens of cookies. I hesitate to wonder what my weight will be come the new year when I next weigh myself; I'm tracking my main meals to ensure I get adequate protein, but not tracking all the treats I'm having in addition. No football for me this week, today is all about baking plus church services as part of the choir for multiple services, tomorrow I'm not even gonna ask to watch football on Christmas day. I'm projected as a 3-pt favorite in my semi-final matchup for fantasy, so here's hoping.
    Merry Christmas to you sir! Hope you have a great one with your family. FFL is a non factor to me now so all I care about are the 49ers winning.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend and Merry Christmas! Just working out and getting in some cardio before the family party debacle today.

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: All sorts of food yesterday. But didn't do bad at all.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. Great weekend with family on Christmas eve and day and Warriors and 49ers both won!

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Not even going to try to figure out my calories. I'm sure I'm up a pound or so.

• nossmf
    Looks like I'm advancing to the finals in my FFL, as I have a 1.5 point lead, he's tapped out, and I have Mike Williams still to go. I guess theoretically I could still lose if Williams catches a 4-yard pass, fumbles, gets hurt and leaves the game, but I like my chances of that particular scenario not playing out.
  • ninerbuff
    nossmf wrote: »
    Looks like I'm advancing to the finals in my FFL, as I have a 1.5 point lead, he's tapped out, and I have Mike Williams still to go. I guess theoretically I could still lose if Williams catches a 4-yard pass, fumbles, gets hurt and leaves the game, but I like my chances of that particular scenario not playing out.
    Congrats!!!

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Rainy today so gym will be full.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Leftovers for dinner from the party. I had pancit and dinaguan.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Gym is sparse today and I had a lot of cancelations.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment:Had McDonald's for dinner.
  • nossmf
    edited December 2022
    Food: Lunch - tomato soup and grilled cheese, Dinner - crock pot honey chicken and rice

FFL: Beat my division rival for the third time in a single season to advance to the championship round. The one time I faced my title game opponent this year I walloped him by 46 points, and I'm favored by 25 this time around, so I like my chances.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Gym still a bit sparse and my classes have been small, but expected this time of year.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Sushi last night for dinner. At least the Warriors won.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Schedule is decent today. Getting things done then will relax.

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Went to Freddy's Grill and ate a bunch of Filipino food. First time there and it was great.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend and New Year's eve! Just workout and getting ready for the rush on Monday.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sig sig and rice.