"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Last day of the month. And I'm moving slowly to my goal.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment:Steak and salad.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,978 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    ...I had to perform emergency life saving techniques again...

AGAIN?!? Most people trained in CPR never face the situation where they need to practice their skills, and you've done it multiple times now. Wow.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Monday

Cardio:
    Elliptical - one hour hills

Analysis: A really solid session, personal bests for distance and calories burned. Not sure if it's from the extra rest of not working out all weekend, or having extra energy to burn on account of going over calories during that same idle weekend, but either way I felt energized.

Food: Lunch - Tyson chicken strips with rice, Dinner - parmesan chicken with baked potato

Weight Watch: Weighed myself Saturday, and my weight had actually gone UP by a quarter pound, despite the abundance of cardio last week. Gonna go with water weight variation, as my belt cinches tighter on my pants. Am kinda hoping to get below 180 before the start of April when I can resume lifting, so I can up the calories to maintenance or just slightly over and really attack those weights once more.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Tuesday (today)

Cardio:
    Treadmill - 1 hour incline (3 miles, 661 calories, 1528 feet climb)

Food: Lunch - homemade pizza, Dinner - pan-seared BBQ pork chops with sautéed red potatoes

NFL: Shame about Brock Purdy getting hurt early, would've been an epic game if he stayed healthy. Hate to see any game, especially the playoffs, decided because of an injury, but it's unavoidable in the NFL. My Broncos have led the league in total games missed due to injury over the last five years, which likely has helped fuel our mediocrity. But the Super Bowl is set, Chiefs vs Eagles. I'm torn between cheering for our division rival, or NOT cheering for our rival. Either way, I expect it to be a high scoring game.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    ...I had to perform emergency life saving techniques again...

AGAIN?!? Most people trained in CPR never face the situation where they need to practice their skills, and you've done it multiple times now. Wow.
    She made it through. Epileptic seizure while running on the treadmill. She hit the floor and went into seizure falling in between 2 treadmills. By the time paramedics arrived, I had her conscious and talking and calm. She likely got a concussion because blood was coming from her head and she lost a tooth in the process.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. Been chilly here in the mornings.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment:Pork adobo and rice for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical - 1hr hills

Food: Lunch - stir fry chicken with rice, Dinner - the BBQ pork chops that we didn't eat last night on account of daughter's pep rally at school morphing into Burger King

Life: The last two mornings I woke up to hit the gym, outside air was below zero while I had to scrape ice from my windshield. This morning, temps were in the 20's with no ice, nice change of pace.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and class this morning. Super nice outside today.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Cheeseburger and fries for dinner. Kept it at 800calories.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Treadmill - 1 hour incline (3.3 miles, 636 calories, 1355 feet climb)

Analysis: Today I wanted to see the effect of lowering the incline slightly while increasing the speed slightly. Net result was lower calorie burn plus fewer feet elevation gain, with little effect on RPE.

Food: Lunch - steak with rice and broccoli, Dinner - spaghetti with side salad (no dressing)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. It's been a long week. Looking for some rest tomorrow.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Lamb and salad for dinner last night.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardo: Elliptical - 1hr hills

Analysis: Despite being well under calories over the last two weeks, thanks in large part to drastic increases in calories burned via cardio, my weight has INCREASED each of the last two weeks. Grr.

Food: Lunch - BBQ pork chops with mixed veggies, Dinner - baked salmon with rice and broccoli
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout and then regular chores of cleaning house and laundry. I'll relax today, something I haven't been doing a lot of.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pho for dinner. It was great because it was cold and rainy.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule. Boring Sunday with no sports for me.

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. Boring weekend since I didn't watch football or really any sports at all. It rained most of the time too so no outside work.

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. I kinda went over on calories due to ice cream binge. Ah, oh well I'll have to put in a little extra work this week.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Cardio: Elliptical - 1hr hills

Food: Lunch - parmesan chicken, Dinner - tacos

Life: Spent the weekend doing taxes for myself and both my sons (each of them gets a refund, I owe...oh, the humanity!). Wife is celebrating no more NFL (except the Super Bowl), saying how I "never spend time with her due to football". She has no idea how good she has it that I'm not equally interested in basketball, baseball, etc.
  • nay0m3
    nay0m3 Posts: 178 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    @nossmf I love your elliptical incline hills! What pace are you going when you do the hills? Also, have you done them on the treadmill and what pace on there?

Also, I am 44 now but still recall the wrath of my mom when I was home late and really hope when my son gets older (11 now!) that he never leaves me hanging but I doubt it!! Glad your daughter is ok and happy belated birthday to her!!

Ninerbuff--what do you think of shortening my 4x/week ~90 minute strength training to 45 - 60 mins and adding in cardio each day plus 1-2 dedicated cardio days if I am trying to maintain strength but lose a bit of fat?
  • nossmf
    Options
    My elliptical hill workouts are 2 minutes work, 1 minute recovery. Working pace is 160-180 steps per minute, with increasing resistance (and therefore decreasing pace) each hill; recovery pace is 70-80 steps per minute, low resistance.

Took me a minute to figure out your comment about my daughter, then recalled she'd been out with friends a few weeks back so you must be referencing an older post.
  • nay0m3
    nay0m3 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You increase the resistance and the incline? I don't know that I have it in me to go so slow for recovery :) Going 130 feels SO slow to me! But I walk super fast by nature just through the halls at work and everyone knows I am coming by hearing my walk.

Oh yes, I was catching up on this thread! I read it periodically to see what you and @ninerbuff are up to! Love that you two have the dedication here!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    nay0m3 wrote: »
    @nossmf I love your elliptical incline hills! What pace are you going when you do the hills? Also, have you done them on the treadmill and what pace on there?

Also, I am 44 now but still recall the wrath of my mom when I was home late and really hope when my son gets older (11 now!) that he never leaves me hanging but I doubt it!! Glad your daughter is ok and happy belated birthday to her!!

Ninerbuff--what do you think of shortening my 4x/week ~90 minute strength training to 45 - 60 mins and adding in cardio each day plus 1-2 dedicated cardio days if I am trying to maintain strength but lose a bit of fat?
    You can still get a good workout for strength in that time limit. Just focus on more compound movements for bodyparts in the beginning of the workout.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Yesterday was a great workout day. I skipped school yard duty yesterday because it was the only time I could go INTO my bank to take care of an updating of my profile which had incorrect info that I couldn't do online or with CS over the phone.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment:Steak, green beans and rice for dinner. Weight going back down again.