"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,967 Member
    Cardio:
    Treadmill - 1hr incline walk (3.3 miles, 820 calories, 2200 feet elevation gained)
    Walk - 1hr (275 calories)

Analysis: This particular treadmill is capped at 15 degrees, so no hills this time, just working up to max incline and staying there the entire time. The additional walk is for my job asking me to go back and forth carrying paperwork between different security offices which are located more than a mile apart, since signatures are required and don't email well.

Food: Lunch - McDonald's, Dinner - Taco Tuesday
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,502 Member
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. So I bit the bullet and reupped HBO MAX so I could watch "The Last of Us" since I liked the video game so much. Watched first episode last night and loved it.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Bonchon Korean fried chicken for dinner with cole slaw and fries.
  • nossmf
    Cardio: Elliptical - 1hr hills (800 calories)

Food: Lunch - chicken strips with rice, Dinner - parmesan chicken with baked potato

Rehab: Increased the weight used during my elbow rehab exercises, from 3# DB's to 5# DB's, all went well. For the most part my elbow is almost completely back to normal, letting me grip things without apparent weakness nor pain, though admittedly I haven't tried lifting anything heavier than a fully loaded grocery bag. A couple times I've woken up with discomfort in my elbow from having slept in a wrong position, so there may be some truth to ninerbuff's assertion that the condition will never truly go away, but I'm still hopeful to resume normal lifting come April.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and class this morning. Supposed to rain today. Ugh

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Cardio: Treadmill - 1hr incline walk (3.3 miles, 820 calories, 2200 feet elevation gained)

Food: Lunch - taco salad, Dinner - pan-seared summer sausage with mixed veggies
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Rainy day again. At least I got my passport renewal after applying for it in January. I did it online and man it was maddening because if you have no idea of the progress, calling customer service is pretty useless. I would advise anyone doing it 9 months or more before their travel because I actually got lucky due to paying extra for expedited delivery.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- pressdowns, lying tricep extensions, cable kickbacks, machine dips 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Lamb and corn for dinner.
  • nossmf
    edited March 2023

Food: Lunch - chicken sandwiches, Dinner - date night at some fast-food version of Italian, not impressed with the pizza and hot wings, but wife was happy with her food so we'll call it good (but I get to pick next month's location)

Weight: Lost 1.8# this week, after two weeks of a combined 0.2# loss. My loss has been totally hit or miss instead of a linear line.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Workout and then regular chores of cleaning house and laundry.

Strength: quads- leg press, squats, hack squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pho for dinner last night.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule. Have to do cleaning and laundry since I skipped it yesterday.

Strength: hamstrings- lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pizza for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule and kickboxing tonight. Well the worst did happen yesterday for my younger brother who couldn't control his addiction to meth and abused alcohol. He lost his life yesterday, likely to over taxing his heart. Said my goodbyes to him as they took him out of my dad's house. At least now he's in no more pain. He was severely depressed and kept avoiding rehab. I'm going to miss him. :(

Cardio: walk/run - 30 min (350 calories)

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, side laterals, machine rear laterals, facepulls, front dumbell raises 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Had some sushi for dinner at my dad's with family.

• nossmf
    My prayers for you and the rest of your family, @ninerbuff.
  • nossmf

Food: Lunch - steak and rice, Dinner - French toast, scrambled eggs, bacon
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Niner, there's no handbook for losing a loved one. We're all different. I'm sad for you. I care. He's gone from your sight, but never from your heart. <3
  • ninerbuff
    Thanks for the condolences. As much as we tried to support him to get help, he had to make the move himself to do it. There's sadness in our family, but we were prepared to accept it because it's been ongoing for a couple of decades.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule today and kbox class. Rainy today. That means the kids are indoors for lunch.....................ugh

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: chest- incline chest press, machine chest press, cable crossovers, machine dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and rice for dinner.

• nossmf
    Cardio: Treadmill - 1hr incline walk (2.9 miles, 800 calories, 2250 feet elevation gained)

Food: Lunch - chicken sandwich, Dinner - soy chicken with noodles

Life: Happy Pi Day (March 14, 3.14). Was originally gonna save my leftover pizza for use as lunch today, but forgot and ate it over the long weekend. Oops.
  • nossmf
    Cardio: Elliptical - 1hr hills (750 calories)

Analysis: Calorie burn was a bit lower today than the last time I did this workout by about 50 calories. Must not have been pushing as hard as usual.

Food: Lunch - parmesan chicken with potatoes, Dinner - spaghetti with side salad (no dressing)
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and it's my long day. No power in the gym this morning, so I worked out and then did some major cleaning with the guys that were there.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, high cable curls 4x 12,10,6.

Assessment: Bonchon Korean fried chicken for dinner with cole slaw and fries.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and class this morning. Our power was out most of the day so we basically cleaned the *kitten* out of the gym. EVERYTHING is deep cleaned now. Power came back on at 5:30pm, but alot of members gave up before then so the gym wasn't totally crowded.

Cardio: walk- 30 minutes (200 calories)

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, straight arm pulldowns. 4x12,10,8,6.

Assessment: Baked chicken and vegetables for dinner.

• nossmf
    Cardio: Treadmill - 1hr incline walk (3.1 miles, 777 calories, 2115 feet elevation gained)

Food: Lunch - soy chicken with rice, Dinner - ham steaks with fries

Life: My iPod finally died on me, need to get a replacement music-maker for when I can return to the weight room. They play music with the overhead speaker, which sometimes is ok, but have you ever tried pulling a heavy deadlift while Celine Dion is crooning a love song in the background? Doesn't exactly get the blood moving, if you know what I mean.