the NEW black team

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Okie there are NO black threads on the recent posts lists...I can't have this...so...up we go! Maybe we can get some more teammates involved in our chattiness and in our fruit/veggie challenge!

it seems to me that we have a bunch of night owls!!

I'm an early bird. I'm usually on by 6am. :bigsmile:

YAY for the scale, Sam! See! No need to worry. Stupid Wii was off. If I move my scale from upstairs to downstairs, it gives me a new weight. All i have to say, is that I like the thinner air of upstairs.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    LOL I completely missed that! Thank you, my dear! *hugs* :heart: I only had to technically do 3 under 3 for nearly 4 months, but it is a challenge every day! Today the challenge was "how to spend all day on to potty 101 by Z" Oy.

had to have some giggles, especially in light of our little chat the other day-- :laugh:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member

Just wanted to share guys...I haven't done more than 10 minutes or so of exercise in the past several months. For the most part I've kept up with my food and continued to lose, but I definitely fell off the exercise wagon. Today I made myself get up and take a walk outside. I didn't let myself look at the calories burned even one time while I was walking because I knew it'd be depressing (which it was when I finally looked...131 calories for 40 minutes at 3 mph average)...but I had lots of fun with my new GPS that told me how far I walked (1.9 miles), what my max speed was (4.6 mph), and what my average was (3 mph). I had my heartrate in zone for the whole walk, and I really don't know why I only burnt 131 calories, but I am proud of myself that I got up and did something today...

Does anyone know why this is? why I would be working out for 40 minutes in zone and only burn 131 calories? Is that even possible? I felt like I was working hard, but maybe I wasn't working as hard as I thought...could something be wrong with my HRM or do I just need to work (A LOT!) harder?
  • 3babybeans

Just wanted to share guys...I haven't done more than 10 minutes or so of exercise in the past several months. For the most part I've kept up with my food and continued to lose, but I definitely fell off the exercise wagon. Today I made myself get up and take a walk outside. I didn't let myself look at the calories burned even one time while I was walking because I knew it'd be depressing (which it was when I finally looked...131 calories for 40 minutes at 3 mph average)...but I had lots of fun with my new GPS that told me how far I walked (1.9 miles), what my max speed was (4.6 mph), and what my average was (3 mph). I had my heartrate in zone for the whole walk, and I really don't know why I only burnt 131 calories, but I am proud of myself that I got up and did something today...

Does anyone know why this is? why I would be working out for 40 minutes in zone and only burn 131 calories? Is that even possible? I felt like I was working hard, but maybe I wasn't working as hard as I thought...could something be wrong with my HRM or do I just need to work (A LOT!) harder?

I have no idea, Laura. I don't have a HRM & I'm not sure what could be causing it. Sorry! It does seem a little low, though...
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member

Honestly Laura, it sounds like your HRM was off. If I walked 40 minutes at an average of 3mph, I'm certain it would be more than 131 calories.

What does the MFP exercise calculator give you for calories burned? I know it is generally not as accurate, but in this case, I would seriously consider checking..

In any case, nice work getting up and active - worth much more than calories in my book.

Water toast to you: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

jb
  • BrandNewLaura
    MFP says 281 calories. Maybe I can reset my HRM and see if it works better...I dunno...maybe I really just wasn't working as hard as I used to...I noticed for awhile that my calories tapered off a lot once I had been working out for a few months...I just figured that since today was the first day that I really exercised in such a long time that my calorie burn would be higher...it's just frustrating...this is why I stopped exercising in the first place...I was so discouraged that I'd workout for almost an hour and burn next to nothing...
  • 3babybeans
    That's part of the reason I still don't have a HRM. I used one at the hotel we stayed at waaaay back when I first started & I walked/ran on the treadmill for over half an hour & it told me 100 calories. I HIGHLY doubted that I it just ticked me off. I'm considering getting one now, though...anything to get me out of this plateau!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    That is really discouraging..

I always thought that the calories burned were related to weight, time, and intensity. I wouldn't have expected the calories to fall off so dramatically over time. But then, I am not an experienced HRM person, so maybe I am just not familiar..

Might be worth checking the monitor, if only for your own peace of mind. I'd hate for you to be turned off of exercise..

Hang in there.. jb
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    not holding my breath for a loss this week-- the lovely monthly hormonal bloat session is beginning. We'll see-- I was so tired typing tonight, too, that I kept nibbling to try and stay awake. I had done my 40 minute taebo and pushup challenge so I think I stayed within calories. But, truly, my jury is still out on the eating of exercise calories-- I haven't had luck eating them. So, we'll see what happens tomorrow-- but my stomach looks like a big, hard water balloon again-- and it was so much better yesterday-- so, we'll see what happens.

(oops-- I forgot we have some gentlemen in this challenge-- sorry, guys-- I'll refrain from the chick talk-- :blushing: )
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    not holding my breath for a loss this week-- the lovely monthly hormonal bloat session is beginning. We'll see-- I was so tired typing tonight, too, that I kept nibbling to try and stay awake. I had done my 40 minute taebo and pushup challenge so I think I stayed within calories. But, truly, my jury is still out on the eating of exercise calories-- I haven't had luck eating them. So, we'll see what happens tomorrow-- but my stomach looks like a big, hard water balloon again-- and it was so much better yesterday-- so, we'll see what happens.

(oops-- I forgot we have some gentlemen in this challenge-- sorry, guys-- I'll refrain from the chick talk-- :blushing: )

all the men have wifes so I'm sure this wasn't the first time they have heard chick talk!!!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Hey guys! Just popping in....todays workout is a 40 min brisk walk.

What workout is everybody else doing?

Biggest loser comes on tonight....can't wait!!!!:happy:
  • GOOD MORNING BLACK TEAM!!!!

I got a little confused. :ohwell: Do we weigh in this morning or tomorrow morning?

Thanks,
    Stenogal
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    GOOD MORNING BLACK TEAM!!!!

I got a little confused. :ohwell: Do we weigh in this morning or tomorrow morning?

Thanks,
    Stenogal

by noon tomorrow!
  • BrandNewLaura
    I weighed in this morning...woohoo! Remember your fruits and veggies today ladies and gents...new challenge starts tomorrow!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Off to a good start, just worked out the bicycle. I am really not sure what it is called because while you pedal your legs you also move your arms on these levers in and out. Anway, I really wanted to walk today but now there is two feet of snow so I gues I will go down and use my mom's ellipictal machine.
    Have a great day! GOOD BLACK TEAM!
  • 3babybeans
    GOOD MORNING BLACK TEAM!!!!

Thanks,
    Stenogal

by noon tomorrow!

:angry: NEEEEEEEVEEEEEER! I refuse! Between the holiday goodies & TOM being WAY out of whack...I'm protesting. This is me putting my foot down.

Did it work? :heart:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    nope
  • 3babybeans
    crap:grumble:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    nice try
  • 3babybeans
    i had to. i'm going to single-handedly tank this team with my weigh-in tomorrow. Told you that you didn't want me, Sam! LOL