Alcohol abuse - this is so wrong, but I might do it anyway!

Options
2»

Replies

• BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I would suggest the hike first, cuz the wine will taste that much better after hiking

Hell yeah Hike FIRST!!!! Then get hammered on wine!!!!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Please refer to this thread for advice!!!! ....HA!:bigsmile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/242872-i-average-a-bottle-of-red-wine-a-night-should-i-cut-back

PURE AWESOMENESS in the thread above!!!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I would suggest the hike first, cuz the wine will taste that much better after hiking
    Hell yeah Hike FIRST!!!! Then get hammered on wine!!!!
    Too late, already had my two glasses (125ml) of wine.

Hopefully once I've eaten my healthy dinner I won't want my unhealthy snacks OR more wine - I'm dead picky, can't stand warm white wine, so even if I went out to buy more now, it wouldn't get properly chilled tonight. :)

EDITED TO ADD: I'm on UK time so it's early evening already
  • poisongirl1
    poisongirl1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My friend and I used to have "wine and dye" night, where we'd dye our hair and drink a couple bottles of wine each.
    That is totally irrepsonsible, you could end up drinking the hair dye and throwing wine over your hair!

You're right! I could have wasted wine! Damn, it's a good thing that never happened. I've gotta be careful not to lose a drop!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Just so u know, drinking lowers ur metabolism...after 5 or 6 drinks u have no metabolism left at all, and shouldn't eat while drinking cuz ur body doesn't process it like normal..id walk to the store, eat the nuts on the way back, wait a bit, and then drink the wine. Also alcohol depletes water in ur system, so be sure to drink, at absolute minimum, half ur body weight in ounces of water. ...u actualy need quite a bit more than that because ull be excercising which depletes ur water, eating a salty snack which depletes ur water, and drinking which massivly dehydrates u... more than 5alcholic beverages always makes me plateau...3weeks one time :-(

Half a bottle of wine is hardly 5-6 glasses. It's more like 2 / 3 tops.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Half a bottle of wine is hardly 5-6 glasses. It's more like 2 / 3 tops.
    Exactly right! You can buy wine glasses of many different sizes, that doesn't mean you have to fill them to the brim! Red wines especially need room to breathe and release their aroma.

Here in Europe, a "glass" of wine is regarded as 125ml, which means you get exactly six glasses out of a 75cl bottle. A large glass is 250ml, which equals a third of a bottle of wine.

As it happens, there was less in the bottle than I thought, so I've only had a couple of glasses (250ml). I think my metabolism might survive the trauma! :smile: