Do Cigarettes Have Calories?

1235»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    Recently, I saw candy pipes (smoking-style pipes made out of a red/black licorice material). They were part of a "nostalgia candy" store sales display. Didn't see candy or bubblegum cigarettes, though.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    And yes, they have calories. B)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member

Ha, I have a vague memory of candy cigarettes.

My more ingrained memory is me begging my mother not to smoke (around me) over and over and over. I even did a 20 minute anti-smoking speech in my Speech and Drama debate class. That was in 1969. :(

I verrrrry vaguely remember my dad smoking. He quit and went to dip, which I'm sure equally thrilled my mom.

I do remember candy cigarettes, and I'm a child of the 80s. Maybe they were called candy sticks by then, but we all knew what they were.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Candy cigarettes?

Do they still exist??

When I was a child you could get packets of candy *kitten* (slang name for ciggies here, not rude) and they looked like cigaretttes, white with red tip.

later the name was changed to Fads and the red tip removed.

Still around as Fads Fun Sticks - but you wouldnt know there was ever any connection to cigarettes now - and would be public uproar if they were brought back in original form

I used to prefer the candy cigars (Big Boss maybe). They were so much bigger and a yummy flavour. The f.a.g.s were good for sucking to get a really pointy end.
  • sflano1783
    sflano1783 Posts: 117 Member
    How do I give up smoking im addicted to using the nicorette spray using it since last year October 2018 and I even use it when I dont want a cigarette I get agitated then I reach for the spray for relief. So what other things do I need to be addicted to healthy addictions as I have a addictive personality 😞
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    sflano1783 wrote: »
    How do I give up smoking im addicted to using the nicorette spray using it since last year October 2018 and I even use it when I dont want a cigarette I get agitated then I reach for the spray for relief. So what other things do I need to be addicted to healthy addictions as I have a addictive personality 😞

Using the spray (which is immediate and short-acting) is reinforcing the anxiety cycle. I suggest looking into a longer-acting nicotine system - patch, for example. You might also benefit from from some counseling-type support to address the anxiety so that you get some tools to deal with that which don't involve substance use. Good luck!