Challenge to fellow black teamers!

Options

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Day three of eating healthy and getting all my veggies in. Green pepper and onions in my scrambled eggs, apple for snack and lettuce, tomatoes, onion and corn for dinner with my tacos. I didn't eat my exercise calories today and I am so full I can't hardly move. I have not ate this good or healthy in a long time.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Day three of eating healthy and getting all my veggies in. Green pepper and onions in my scrambled eggs, apple for snack and lettuce, tomatoes, onion and corn for dinner with my tacos. I didn't eat my exercise calories today and I am so full I can't hardly move. I have not ate this good or healthy in a long time.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Sounds like almost everyone is doing a great job! And I have faith that our Batman is going to get with the fruit and veggie train tomorrow! So good job everyone! Keep eating those fruits and veggies!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Okay I got my three in today. Banana with breakfast, beans in the chili and an apple for a snack.

Go Black Team !!
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Up we go again...I think we have like 30 members on our team, and although I haven't counted, I don't think there are 30 participants rockin the fruits and veggies this week! Come on guys...let's start kicking butt and taking names!
  • Renea101
    Options
    what a great challenge. I have been looking around at the posts to get ideas since I am on the new RED team. This is the first I have seen about the veg/fruit intake.

Renae77 - if you come up with an answer to getting the other team members involved, please leave a shout out to us on the RED team. Thanks.

Good luck to all!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Just reporting that I have been getting my fruits and veggies in EVERY DAY:happy: BTW, V8 says on the can that it counts for 1 serving....thats ok with you guys, too right? Because a few of my servings throughout the week have been via V8:blushing:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I didn't say so yesterday, but I got all my veggies in yesterday!

Any idea how much applesauce would count as a serving of fruit?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    So far today, I've got 2 servings of fruit taken care of. I'm trying to decide what veggies to tackle for dinner.

Satellite - I think it is 1/2 cup of applesacue = 1 serving of fruit. I'll double check, though

Roni - V8 is certainly a serving of veggies in my book! I think sometimes my book cheats, though. :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    "Take apples, apple sauce and apple juice, for example. We've all heard the age-old saying that "an apple a day keeps the doctor away." But, research collected by Mott's is now helping define exactly why apple products are so healthy. As it turns out, apples and apple products have multiple nutrients: fiber, vitamin C, potassium and antioxidants. Consuming these nutrients can work toward achieving whole body health. What's more, 1/2 cup of apple sauce or 6 ounces of 100% apple juice count as fruit servings, which makes 5 A Day a much easier goal for kids. "

TADA! From what I've learned in previous nutriton & anatomy classes though is that "raw" fruit/veggies is "best". The less processed the better. Just food for thought. Hahaha Get it? FOOD for thought?! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I had berries, pomegranate, apples, orange juice, 2 servings of green beans and carrots.

Dinner will include salad, carrots, broc.

Yummy! Great Challange and LOVE the av Laura!:smooched:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    G'day Black Team friends!

I had a lower than usual veggie/fruit day, but I still came out okay ... had carrots & celery sticks, lettuce & tomato slices, plus a serving of fruit salad for lunch, and lettuce & tomatoes on my grilled cx sandwich ... and everybody's favorite veggies ... french fries & ketchup! LOL ... just kidding. I had tons of calories from a lot of exercise yesterday and so I splurged on a small order of fries, but didn't finish them.

Today so far I've had half a banana for breakfast. Probably will have a giant salad with the romaine/carrot/red cabbage mix (love it!), red bell pepper ... if I have any left ... ooh must go shopping soon!!) and grape tomatoes, probably throw an apple on there too. Then I'll likely cook a big bowl of broccoli (YUM!) for dinner to go with a lean cuisine ... unless we make other plans. The day's plan is still pretty up in the air!

Have a great day, y'all! Thanks for the challenge, Laura!

0002034A.gif
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    So I hit my fruits easily, but once again struggled with the stupid veggies! We had to run to the store, I fell asleep in the car (I've been exhausted lately), and I woke up & my husband pulled into Sonic. :angry: So, I had a chicken wrap that had lettuce & tomatoes, but I don't think enough to constitute an entire serving. Oh, well. There's always tomorrow. :tongue:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    With my lunch I had broccoli and a side salad. Dave had a buffalo chicken salad. For supper we are going to have cobb salads (at Dave's suggestion - he is really getting into this whole thing!) so I think we're good today. And at the store, Dave bought a mango (which he likes) and a starfruit (which he's never had, but wants to try).

P.S. Dave says to tell everyone "hi!" :happy:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    so I had the same thing for breakfast that I always have. Green peppers in my eggs. and I had leftovers from lastnight. I'm home by myself with the girls and the oldest doesn't eat much so I can have whatever I want. She won't eat it anyways. so I more then got 3 servings in. I also have decided that I am giving up peanut butter for awhile. I think it might be hindering my weight loss. :cry: :sad:

I :heart: PB almost as much as I :heart: my hubby!!:noway: :laugh: :bigsmile: Just kidding but I sure do like it a whole lot!!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

Good new Lynnie....Once I signed up the be on Batmans team....I finally broke my plateau!! Laura gave me a hint, I did it and finally today my scale mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmoved!:cry::bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Well, well,.... um...give me the hint too! I think my biggest problem may be not eating enough. I sat and thought about it today and realized I hadn't had a hot meal in 2 days. All I've ate is fresh fruits, veggies, nuts, cheese, a little cereal with almond breeze milk. Hubby shakes his head at my rabbit habit. I'm a starving fat kid! I just don't have the appetite I used to have, nothing tastes good to me. My friend was joking and popped a hash brown from Burger king in my mouth this morning when I took him to work, and it was sooo gross. What am I going to do kids? (P.S. TOM came this morning so maybe that explains the P word.)
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    Hey guys, only two more days in this challenge, so keep up the great work! I think Marla has some type of tummy/exercise challenge for us next week, so we need to get in all the veggies we can to make sure we're strong enough for it! Go black!
  • fearlessliving
    fearlessliving Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ok I think I'm still on the black team and I'm sucking at this challenge.

Breakfast - banana and blueberries with my cereal
    Lunch - spinach in my sandwich
    Dinner - carrots and broccoli with my chicken fettuccini alfredo Healthy Choice dinner
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    fearlessliving you are still on our team. and I think we should all try the 200 sit up challenge that is out there! Sounds fun right? :bigsmile:
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    fearlessliving you are still on our team. and I think we should all try the 200 sit up challenge that is out there! Sounds fun right? :bigsmile:

Fun? That sounds like something that would make me cry a little...I could probably do 2 and then collapse on the floor...but if that's the challenge...well then 200 is something to work toward lol