Brides to be! Sept-Oct. (closed group)

123457»

Replies

• TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    @Kansas---same here, and same sentiment! After spending 4 days with my FIL's, I feel like I gained 10 pounds, and I think that I look like that, but my measurements are the same. As far as bridesmaids dresses go, did the other 2 tell you when they were planning on purchasing?

@Trish, that is awesome that it fits without alterations! But, if you can't breathe, maybe just a teeny alteration so that you're comfy on the wedding day? Now that I'm looking at your post again, I see your fitting is today, so my advice probably doesn't even matter at this point. :laugh: So, how did it go?

As for myself, we're just plugging along planning. I'm working on DIY centerpieces, and we booked our florist, whose estimate came in $100 under budget!!! :glasses: Feels like the first thing that's been underbudget so far though, lol.

Hope yall have a great week! I'll do my pilates tonight :)

Great news! I dont know what happened or how it happened. But between Sunday and This morning Iost 2lbs on the scale. And that really shouldnt make much of a difference but somehow it did. My daughter told me that hooking up the long line strapless bra was ALOT easier. And when we got to the bridal shop for the alterations I had no trouble getting the slip zipped (it was impossible a few weeks ago*hand me down*) And then the dress just zipped right up! No problem. Hooked and zipped! like butter. The seamstress actually told me to not loose any more weight or the dress might not stay up. But well I have I think 19 days or something like that. And I am still going to "diet-work out" for the next 10-12 days cuz well The week of the wedding I will be PMS and we all know what that does to the "girls" and just about the whole body actually. I dont want any scarry surprises on the big day. My girls are already a 34DDD+ on a good day. (thats why it was so hard to find a bra) And with the TOM they tend to swell a bit. I think another few lbs wont hurt to much. There is also the fact that I dont know how to switch to maintenance. Should I instead just focus on doing my 30DS and not try to loose weight? I still have the muffin top on my back above the dress. I really wanted that to go away. What do I do? What if I gain weight?
  • nicothepotato
    nicothepotato Posts: 306 Member
    Congrats on the fitting! That is one of the reasons my dress will have straps.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Hello fellow brides!! :drinker:

Congrats on everyone making progress!!

Nico, I am so jealous!!! We are doing a vintage theme and I wante a vintage dress so badly!! Congrats on them being your size!! :flowerforyou:

I am down a pound and losing inches!! I am so excited! I can't get my dress until a few months before the wedding and that is okay with me since I plan on dropping a lot more and don't want to spend a fortune in alterations.

In wedding news, we have the venue booked and now a photographer. My two main worries are now off my mind!! We aren't doing food and I am doing my own flowers and the fiance is in charge of music, so we don't need to have anyone else booked. Oh and we are making pies instead of cake so no baker either.

I am really excited about the stress being eased up. :love:
  • nicothepotato
    Poptarts are a waste of calories and I don't know why I keep eating them.
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Poptarts are a waste of calories and I don't know why I keep eating them.

Cause they are yummie! Evil......but yummie!
  • nicothepotato
    This weeks challenge is to do 5 minutes of stretching, to limber you up for the honeymoon. Ha! Just kidding, but it's a good idea. lol. This week we do lunges. 10 each leg. Bring on the leg strength! for the honeymoon...

Jeez, where is my head right now?
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Well, not weighing today... my monthly visit came and so bloated and tired! ugh! havent had a visit for almost 2 years (pregnancy and bf) so did not miss it!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    This weeks challenge is to do 5 minutes of stretching, to limber you up for the honeymoon. Ha! Just kidding, but it's a good idea. lol. This week we do lunges. 10 each leg. Bring on the leg strength! for the honeymoon...

Jeez, where is my head right now?

bahahaha....:laugh: this made my afternoon. If we're gonna go there, what about practicing for the honeymoon? Does that count as exercise? lol.

In other news, I keep forgetting to measure myself this week. I weighed in at the gym this morning though, and I'm up a pound. Not totally sure about that, because my clothes fit better than normal, I was expecting a loss, but I'm in such a good mood today that I don't really care right now.
  • jesstiger81
    jesstiger81 Posts: 93 Member
    Hey all! Busy couple of weeks for me. I went down to Pensacola for my fiance's winging ceremony then he came back up here with me and spent a week. It was a very busy week for me with work and academics, so I didn't get to spend as much time with him as I wanted, but at least I got to see him. Now we probably won't see each other until the rehearsal because of his training!

I need help! I kinda disregarded my journaling while Chris was home and didn't eat as I should have. When I put on my dress Sunday for my Mom (she hadn't seen it yet bc I got it in Pensacola), she had a hard time zipping it up! The sash at the waist is kinda bunched up and I have a serious muffin top coming out the back and top of my dress. It's just like we had to squeeze my back out the top to get the dress up. I have no idea how this could have happened! I am on birth control now in preparation for the wedding, so I don't know if that has something to do with it or not. Seems like it would have been hard to gain that much weight in 2 weeks, which is how long I went between trying it on. I have to lose 5lbs by my bridal portraits or I am not going to feel good at ALL! I am journaling again, and really being careful as I can. I think I need to add exercise... I have been doing a toning routine my fiance gave me, I do it every day. I think I need to start at least walking. I am just afraid that if I start doing cardio, I'll get really hungry and ruin the diet. I know I need to try. There is no other option right now.

Everything else wedding planning wise is going great. Invitations are all out and RSVPs are on their way in. I have my 1st shower Saturday, bridal portraits all set up for next month. Got shoes, jewelry, and other little details done. Just have a few things left it seems.
  • nicothepotato
    Take special note of your sugar and salt intake. Both can make you puffy. You should actually be way under in the sodium then they suggest on here. If you keep out all added sugars and artificial sweeteners of your diet, five pounds will just melt off. Keeping the fruit sugars low will help too. The pill can make a lot of women puff when they first start but then go back down after a period or two. If you're still bigger after 3 months on the pill, it's more than likely your fault.
  • nicothepotato
    On a positive note, my bf went on a shopping spree for me. I keep getting sexy little dresses in the mail. I'm really liking my body the way it is. I'm thinking I'm thin enough and don't need to lose anymore, just tone up a little more. I didn't realize that wearing ill fitting clothes.
  • jesstiger81
    jesstiger81 Posts: 93 Member
    Yeah, I wasn't necessarily trying to blame birth control (it's the nuvaring, not the pill btw). I realize it kinda came across that way. I did call myself out for not journaling well while my fiance was here. The sugar/salt advice is good. I will pay attention to that on the diary. I honestly don't really eat fruit very often, so I'm ok there. I think a lot of it is the sodium, and also watching my carb intake. I think I tend to eat more carbs than I realize.
  • achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    Are we really almost to the last check in?! Wow, Time flies! I haven't been measuring myself lately, I started a new fitness class with a month long challenge (that also ends this month) and was going to wait and see just how well I could do as motivation to work harder... We all did so well so far! I am really interested to see what our groups total weight and inch loss is....
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Did my last check in! Love this group... and also the fact that I AM FINALLY OUT OF THE 230'S! Those were hard to leave behind but so glad I finally did it! Now to kick the 220's in the *kitten*! lol

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Halloween! Exercise control when it comes to all those sweets! I know I will struggle but I also know that I am strong enough to say NO!
  • nicothepotato
    Woot glad to be done with the challenge. My weight and measurements have been very consistent so I'm going to take a break from MFP and doing another challenge until Thanksgiving comes and I'm sure I will need help tracking calories with all the baking I'll be doing.