• Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 945 Member
    K
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    I say I'm attracting bears.
  • Melanie_Robinson
    Melanie_Robinson Posts: 36 Member
    I prefer to call it "the week when I bleed profusely from my vagina"... acronym Twwibpfmv, of course.

Bahaha. I about woke the whole house laughing! (I saw that post and thought it must be a joke)
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    We must keep people aware of it.
    Until there is a cure.

Being pregnant is the only one I know of and that only "cures" it for 9 months. And just look at the side effects....
    <

Not true.. my first son was 6 months old when it came back. Second was 22 months old, and third was about 16 months old. So for me, pregnancy "cured"it for 1 year 3 months, 2yrs 7 months, and 1 yr 10 months. :)

But yeah.. .look at the side effects. LOL

God bless!
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    WTF is a divacup???? I am way too scared to google it!

Oh gosh, don't be scared! It's a great invention! It's a silicone "cup" that is an alternative to pads/tampons. Inserted kind of like a tampon, it "collects" instead of absorbs, and a couple times a day you empty it. Seriously, not scary at all. Check out this community if you want to learn more about cups: http://menstrual-cups.livejournal.com/

I've been using mine for years and love it. I also love not wasting money on pads and tampons. PM me if you have questions, I'm happy to answer them!

I second this. Cups are the 2nd best invention ever, Mirena being the 1st :love:

I LOVE my Diva Cup!!!! BEST. INVENTION. for a woman EVER!!! I so wish I had discovered them way sooner than I did!!!

God bless!
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Please? I think the guys can handle it.

3.gif

Please!!!!!!

I find the term TOM insulting to us guys called Tom. :laugh:

But when I say TOM (time of the month), I'm referring to the time BEFORE my period, when I get all the insane cravings and retain water. I have no issues when I'm on my period :)
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    I prefer to call my period a "crime scene in my pants". :D .... from a movie to which I keep forgetting the title...lol

PS The Diva Cup is amazingly awesome!!!!!!!! I absolutely love it. I would forget I had my period while using it because it was so comfortable and I couldn't feel it at all. And my period was so light I emptied in the morning and again at night and that was it. I didn't have to empty it at all during the day....but that was on the pill and so far I haven't gotten my period off the pill so don't know if it will be that light still.............but anyway...the cup is awesome! :D lol
  • janegeno
    janegeno Posts: 37 Member
    At any rate, "menses" is the most common term in medical literature. But who talks like that? And who ever references their "luteal phase" or their "follicular phase"? That's right...no one.

LOL None of your friends are trying to conceive. (or they managed it without much effort)
  • I do think it's rather personal! Modern technology is so advanced now that if you don't want it anymore it can be taken care of with a number of alternatives. Younger girls these days can go through school/collegel without having to deal with monthly period problems. Besides the men on here are now making fun us if you call it our period so deal with it. Thanks
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member

I see TOM alot. I hate TOM. stupid TOM and on the inside sometimes I chuckle and think. " Oh so THAT'S why MySpace became unpopular and Facebook took over"
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    But... But.... I like Aunt Flo...
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Wonders how many calories I burnt laughing at this thread or if it's just water weight?
  • KLi531
    KLi531 Posts: 130 Member
    All of this is awesome...
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Implanon, another amazing cure.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    So given we are now calling it a period, are we allowed to eat more during it? That's really all I care about.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member

Yes - they can! I have had to barge into a meeting my male boss was in to tell him I had to run home. Why he asked - because I started my period!!! He lived!!!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    So given we are now calling it a period, are we allowed to eat more during it? That's really all I care about.

that depends. Are we talking about exercise calories?
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    I just usually walk past hubby and say 'my uterus hates me' he leaves me alone for the next 7 days. Researched the divacup, it's called the Mooncup here in the UK, gonna check it out, thanks!
  • Damn it, its almost my period and i put on what i lost last week, i could cry!

Did you lose it after? Is it water retention or something? Cos im feeling lighter and skinnier! argh!
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Damn it, its almost my period and i put on what i lost last week, i could cry!

Did you lose it after? Is it water retention or something? Cos im feeling lighter and skinnier! argh!

Yeah, it's water retention. Happens to me every month, I can put on about 7 lbs in the days before I come on. The day after it starts I suddenly drop it all really quick though, feels great lol!