Seriously??

124»

Replies

• rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    An ultra-religious Jesus-y Christmas decoration/plate/thingy.

I'm Jewish.
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    These are hilarious and I appreciate everyone responding with their stories!
  • My MIL bought me a book the first year I was married I can't remember the name cos I burned it

but it was how to be a proper southern lady

when i questioned her.....She told me the title should help you understand I know you a tad bit slow on these manner darling.....

WTF????

Ok this one had me rolling. My ex-MIL did not buy me a book, she flat out told me! LOL! I am a Texas country girl, I KNOW how to act proper, I just don't want to!!!! :laugh:
  • my ex's mom gave me a ring from those 25 cent machines...still in the plastic container thing. she said it would suit me....:ohwell:

Holy cow!!! And I thought my ex mother in law was bad!!! LOL!
  • My ex husband told me he didn't love me anymore...on Mother's Day. No present either. Yep.

I win. *Sad face*

BUTTTT - My current SO has made up for that Mother's Day with every holiday since. *Happy Face*

Gotcha beat. My soon to be ex-wife told me she was leaving me for "Saeed" on our anniversay. She forgot....

And I thought my ex-husband couldn't be beat! These give him a run for his money! LOL
  • An ex-boyfriend gave me bath mats. And not even the nice plush kind, like you might get from Bed Bath & Beyond. Nooooo.....these bath mats were tiny, canary yellow, and reminiscent of 1970s shag carpet. AND....they were bound together by a big plastic staple!
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Just don't tell on me....

For Christmas, my mother bought me a white long haired fake fur vest.... not only is is hideous, but she bought one for herself so that we could be TWINS!!! What the????? :noway: She seems to think it's adorable when we match and most of the clothes she buys me, she buys for herself too. Ugh.

So, lucky me... I get to look like the Abominable Snowman Monster on the Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer show. :laugh:
  • Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    I'm not entirely sure how to describe it, but I will try.

It was a picture of a waterfall in a giant, gold, plastic frame that was supposed to be plugged in to an outlet. When plugged in, it lit up and a mechanism behind the picture would move in a failed attempt to make the photo "come to life". There were also sound effects of water splashing and birds tweeting.

:indifferent:

:noway:

O-o
  • Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    My MIL bought me a book the first year I was married I can't remember the name cos I burned it

but it was how to be a proper southern lady

when i questioned her.....She told me the title should help you understand I know you a tad bit slow on these manner darling.....

WTF????

Ok this one had me rolling. My ex-MIL did not buy me a book, she flat out told me! LOL! I am a Texas country girl, I KNOW how to act proper, I just don't want to!!!! :laugh:

LOL! Gotta love Texans! My boyfriend is from Texas and he is the only good guy I have ever dated, but can be quite the moron sometimes :)
  • My first serious boyfriend bought me horizontal window blinds for my 15th birthday.......WTF???

Then one year (during my weight loss journey) I received a cheesecake for a b-day present... Yeesh!!
  • My first serious boyfriend bought me horizontal window blinds for my 15th birthday.......WTF???

Then one year (during my weight loss journey) I received a cheesecake for a b-day present... Yeesh!!

I'm hysterical over this!!!
    Horizontal window blinds?? Comedy!

I know right???? The upside.............they at least matched my room....:laugh:
  • GypsysBlood
    GypsysBlood Posts: 42 Member
    My first serious boyfriend bought me horizontal window blinds for my 15th birthday.......WTF???

I know right???? The upside.............they at least matched my room....:laugh:

what 15 year old wouldn't love window treatments for their birthday? lol

what 15 year old wouldn't love window treatments for their birthday? lol

OMG!! You guys are making me literally laugh out loud!!! hahahah
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    *A My Little Pony gumball dispenser from a co-worker
    *A plastic barbie figure from the 80's found at a Goodwill
    *A plastic purse with pink trim and monkeys all over it but it's one of those really tiny purses that are made for little girls and I hate pink.

I'm sure there are others but I'm not remembering them at the moment.
  • For the win! That is hilarious...LOL!!!
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Bump
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    My ex husband told me he didn't love me anymore...on Mother's Day. No present either. Yep.

I win. *Sad face*

BUTTTT - My current SO has made up for that Mother's Day with every holiday since. *Happy Face*

Gotcha beat. My soon to be ex-wife told me she was leaving me for "Saeed" on our anniversay. She forgot....

Ouch - But I didn't finish...turns out he was having an affair with one of my now ex best friends. He left early on Mother's Day to go be with her. Because he was "working out of town." Yeah. He was working.

Your ex wife is stupid. She needs a throat punch.