Were you surprised that you publicly posted your weight?

2»

Replies

• kellyisloved
    kellyisloved Posts: 434 Member
    I have not posted my weight. I'm not sure if anybody is able to view it here, obviously I have a ticker that shows what I've lost. The only person who knows what I weigh is my boyfriend. I'm surprised that I posted my picture on here. I know.. I need to get over it.

I'm in the same boat with you on the picture problem. I know it's silly, and I know it shouldn't matter, but it was difficult just pushing myself to post my weight somewhere. Thinking of showing a picture as well just doesn't sound like my idea of a good time.

I'll get there eventually. :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Yes, usually I'm very private about such things but I decided that if I was going to do this properly I needed to be honest with myself about my weight and that as a previous poster said, everyrone can see I am (was!) overweight, so I may as well put it on here.
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    I guess that me admitting where I am to myself and to you demonstrates how serious I am about changing my situation.

I think that's it exactly. Hiding it doesn't get you anywhere. Stating the issue and asking for support are two major steps toward behavior change and success.

like button? YES!

Even though it sort of sounds like AA, the first step is admitting there IS a problem.......

Good ol' Dr. Phil says, (and it is true) "You can't change what you don't acknowlege".
  • personally it doesnt bother me, i put the weight on so its my own problem being the size that i am. People seeing my weight is just another motivator to burn those calories :)
  • I shared my weight on my blog, because I was tired of acting like getting healthy is private. When I think about it, not telling people my weight doesn't make me skinnier. It's just a number and my body reflects it whether I tell or not. I feel a lot better not trying to keep it a secret now.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    I have no problem sharing my weight I mean come in now, it doesn't take an Einstein to see that I'm fat. It doesn't make a difference if they see a number or not.