Jogging before work/school?

2»

Replies

• monicainacoma
    monicainacoma Posts: 84 Member
    I did C25K up to week 5.. I prefer to do it on my own. I didn't like how it jumped from 8 minutes to 20, then back down.. I wasn't capable of a 20 minute run at that point.. so I quit the C25K and just started trying to increase the duration on my own.. and ended up doing a 25 minute run without stopping a week later.. I like making my own personal duration goals..
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    I did C25K up to week 5.. I prefer to do it on my own. I didn't like how it jumped from 8 minutes to 20, then back down.. I wasn't capable of a 20 minute run at that point.. so I quit the C25K and just started trying to increase the duration on my own.. and ended up doing a 25 minute run without stopping a week later.. I like making my own personal duration goals..
    I'm with you on the C25K. It was a great jump starter for me, but at around week 4 I made the decision that I prefer to run and walk in intervals and have little interest in being able to run a 5K (or any longer distance) straight through. I prefer to work on the speed of my run intervals, and using the walking interval to recover, rather than just running the whole distance. My sister runs marathons and she runs 6 minutes and walks 1, during both full and half marathons, and comes in with respectable times for a woman in her mid-40s. I'm currently up to 3 or 4 minute runs and 1 minute walking and am working towards my first official race, a 10K, in late October.