Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Improved Goals / Excercises for Weight Lifting

rogerstyrogersty Posts: 6Member Member Posts: 6Member Member
Hi there, I just signed up and this looks like it could be a pretty useful tool, but I am hoping that you'll add some functionality to make it better for people like me who are trying to add lean muscle rather than just lose weight. Here are a few things I would like to see:

- Additional goal choices such as an increased weight with a reduced body fat percentage (right now it is just weight) and / or specific targets for weight lifting, such as a maximum bench press weight, squat weight, etc.

- More options for adding weight lifting excercises. I tried to add one where I would only be using body weight (pushups on an excercise ball) and it wouldn't let me because it said I needed to enter a weight value.

- An option to put in specific protein goals (or fat goals, or carb goals) in grams rather than percentages. I know it calculates grams, but only to the present percentage amounts you have listed. For instance, I weigh 200 pounds and am trying to build muscle - therefore, my primary goal is to eat 200 grams of protein a day, but I can't set that as a goal.

Thanks for providing the site and for listening to all of our questions / suggestions!!!

Replies

• rogerstyrogersty Posts: 6Member Member Posts: 6Member Member
    Hi there, I just signed up and this looks like it could be a pretty useful tool, but I am hoping that you'll add some functionality to make it better for people like me who are trying to add lean muscle rather than just lose weight. Here are a few things I would like to see:

- Additional goal choices such as an increased weight with a reduced body fat percentage (right now it is just weight) and / or specific targets for weight lifting, such as a maximum bench press weight, squat weight, etc.

- More options for adding weight lifting excercises. I tried to add one where I would only be using body weight (pushups on an excercise ball) and it wouldn't let me because it said I needed to enter a weight value.

- An option to put in specific protein goals (or fat goals, or carb goals) in grams rather than percentages. I know it calculates grams, but only to the present percentage amounts you have listed. For instance, I weigh 200 pounds and am trying to build muscle - therefore, my primary goal is to eat 200 grams of protein a day, but I can't set that as a goal.

Thanks for providing the site and for listening to all of our questions / suggestions!!!
  • MikeMike Posts: 824Member Member Posts: 824Member Member
    Thanks for your suggestions! Some of the things you mentioned you can actually do right now:

- If you go to the "My Home" tab, then click "Check-in", then "Change Measurements", you can change the measurements you are tracking to whatever you'd like. So for example, you could set "body fat percentage" or "maximum bench press weight" as a measurement, and then track your performance on those goals over time. You can't set a goal for that measurement, but you'll at least be able to track it and view your progress on our charts, and hopefully you can track the goal yourself in your head, i.e. I want to bench press 235 lbs, etc.

- On the weight lifting exercises, the issue you mentioned is a bug that we are working on fixing. Once it's fixed, you will be able to use only body weight.

- We'll work on allowing you to set specific goals instead of by percentages as an option, that's a great suggestion. We just use percentages to ensure that people set goals that make sense, i.e. the fat, protein, and carbs goals add up to the calories goal. But there may be other ways for us to do this and still allow you to set gram weights which we'll try to implement.

Thanks again for the suggestions! If you have any other ideas, or if the above is not helpful, just let us know - we love to hear member feedback.
  • MikeMike Posts: 824Member Member Posts: 824Member Member
    Roger - I think we've fixed the issue with weight lifting exercises. You should now be able to enter just the # of sets and repetitions/set and leave weight/repetition blank. Can you give it a try and let us know if it's working for you?
  • rogerstyrogersty Posts: 6Member Member Posts: 6Member Member
    Looks like it is fixed - thank you! It is pretty cool to have a site that is already so useful and have you guys so willing to listen to our feedback and make updates. Much appreciated!