No More Excuses...

Options
Hello Everyone...

I'm a 30 year old single mom - I work full time as an Executive Manager - So basically I sit at my desk for 9 hours / day. I weigh about 165lbs. and I'm 5'4", so I'm 28 pounds away from being in the "healthy" range and 2 pounds away from being in the "obese" range. Nice. :noway:

I've tried to diet and start exercising more regularly about a million times before...I never have been able to keep it up. I always have excuses...not enough time...I will get all sweaty and not be able to do anything after work unless I shower and get ready, etc. ,etc. I have always had body image issues...even when I shouldn't have!

My friend and coworker started a program with her friends and introduced me to this site. She has been very motivational and has really been very energetic about the goals we have, so it has been fun to do this with someone else. She and I go to the fitness center together and walk, use the eliptical or bike, etc. for about 10-15 minutes in the middle of the day just to get our blood flowing. I have been also working out for 30-40 minutes per day after work. (That's all the time I have because I need to leave to pick up my son before 6pm) I'm trying to make it a goal to come in one weekend day to work out for 1 hour+...my son can come with me and exercise too on the weekends...I know if I shoot for both days I will fail, LOL! For the most part I have actually been enjoying working out...It feels good to be active again...I hope I can keep it up!

Replies

• amysmarie
    Options
    Hello Everyone...

I'm a 30 year old single mom - I work full time as an Executive Manager - So basically I sit at my desk for 9 hours / day. I weigh about 165lbs. and I'm 5'4", so I'm 28 pounds away from being in the "healthy" range and 2 pounds away from being in the "obese" range. Nice. :noway:

I've tried to diet and start exercising more regularly about a million times before...I never have been able to keep it up. I always have excuses...not enough time...I will get all sweaty and not be able to do anything after work unless I shower and get ready, etc. ,etc. I have always had body image issues...even when I shouldn't have!

My friend and coworker started a program with her friends and introduced me to this site. She has been very motivational and has really been very energetic about the goals we have, so it has been fun to do this with someone else. She and I go to the fitness center together and walk, use the eliptical or bike, etc. for about 10-15 minutes in the middle of the day just to get our blood flowing. I have been also working out for 30-40 minutes per day after work. (That's all the time I have because I need to leave to pick up my son before 6pm) I'm trying to make it a goal to come in one weekend day to work out for 1 hour+...my son can come with me and exercise too on the weekends...I know if I shoot for both days I will fail, LOL! For the most part I have actually been enjoying working out...It feels good to be active again...I hope I can keep it up!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You can do this and this site will really help you so much!! Good luck to you on your weight loss journey!