Have Restaurants Gone Mad???

1234568»

Replies

• boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Just because they serve it doesn't mean you have to eat it all. I used to go out for a chinese food combo platter & eat the whole thing. Now I order the same thing, but I changed from fried rice to brown rice and only eat 1/2 of the meal an take the other half home.

Still not the best for you, especially the sodium part, but you can't deprive yourself of everything 24/365.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    I just try to make the healthiest choices I can. I have stomach issues so I have to stay away from things that are high fat anyway, so nothing fried ever for me. I look for grilled options and tell them no butter. I sub veggies for potatoes and rice. If I get a burger I don't eat the bun and don't add cheese. We all have to be responsible for the things we put in our bodies. Sometimes I go all out and eat things I know I shouldn't but then I move on knowing that the next day I will go back to eating healthier. I think if we don't eat badly all the time it's ok. But people who said that restaurants know who they are catering to are right. They serve calorie and fat bombs because that's what people want. However I don't like to eat at places where I can't get a healthy option. I like that some places are starting to put calorie content on the menus. It definitely makes it easier to choose. In the end we can't play the blame game. We all have personal responsibility - something that a lot of people have seemed to forget in this country. We want to blame everyone else for our problems. Look in the mirror - it all starts there.