Would anyone like to share any weight loss tips?

Options
2»

Replies

• Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I like HIIT cardio 3 times a week for 15 min followed by 15 min of steady state cardio for 15 min.

I run pretty fast for one min (heart rate to 90%max) then walk for one min and repeat until 15 min pass. Then I walk (briskly 60-70% max heart rate) for 15min
  • Angie789
    Angie789 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    For me, preparation is key. I've started setting aside time on Sundays to cook up meals that I can eat later in the week (grilled chicken breasts, roasted turkey breast, healthy veggie-based soups, veggies chopped up for easy salads, boiled eggs, etc.). Part of my problem in the past is that I would get so busy with work, family and LIFE that I'd just grab something quick - usually fast food or something like Easy Mac or a couple of bowls of cereal. Having healthy, calorie controlled options that are easy to grab & heat up for lunches or dinners on busy days has made all the difference for me.

And... I'm not gonna lie - I've been doing this for 5 or 6 weeks now, and I still don't get excited about devoting a couple of my precious weekend hours to cooking a bunch of food. But it's so much easier to choose healthy options when you already have them ready to go. A sacrifice, but totally worth it.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    patience.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Your biggest temptations are gonna come from friends and family. If you're invited out to eat, just plan ahead. Check the restaurant online and figure out the smarter food choices. Similar meals can differ by 1,000 calories or more.

I don't condone booze while dieting, but I do, however, condone getting crunk and shakin your booty all night long at the club.

It's the simple pleasures in life. :heart:
  • TinpotTragedy
    Options
    Maybe this just applies to more emotional eaters but I find I have to remind myself of this CONSTANTLY!

Don't guilt yourself over 'bad days,' being negative reinforces bad behaviors, if you go over just get up the next morn and continue with your plan and resist the urge to restrict, your body can get over the little bumps but drastically trying to make up for something prompts more slip ups and makes you feel worse.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump