Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Adding my own exercises repeatedly

ModHippieModHippie Posts: 12Member Posts: 12Member
I'm trying to add the exercises I created yesterday to my diary for today, it will be the same most days, and when I check them and click add to diary, it doesn't. And yes, my Java is enabled, checked that first, this time. Also would like a category for adding steps = amount of calories. I have a pedometer to record my steps throughout the day, but can't figure out how to get that all in just right. Thanks.
P.S. Maybe you guys can put out an on-line version of "MyFitnessPal for DUMMIES"! Ha!

Replies

• ModHippieModHippie Posts: 12Member Posts: 12Member
    I'm trying to add the exercises I created yesterday to my diary for today, it will be the same most days, and when I check them and click add to diary, it doesn't. And yes, my Java is enabled, checked that first, this time. Also would like a category for adding steps = amount of calories. I have a pedometer to record my steps throughout the day, but can't figure out how to get that all in just right. Thanks.
    P.S. Maybe you guys can put out an on-line version of "MyFitnessPal for DUMMIES"! Ha!
  • MikeMike Posts: 824Member Member Posts: 824Member Member
    OK thanks for letting us know about the issue with quick adding strength exercises. We'll take a look and see if we can get you squared away ASAP.

In terms of the pedometer and steps, the best thing to do is enter in "walking" as a cardio exercise and record the amount of time you spent walking.

One important thing to note is that you shouldn't count the walking that you do as part of your normal, daily activity. When you fill-in your diet profile, we ask you what your normal daily activity is like, i.e. are you a nurse who is on your feet most of the day or do you work at a desk job? We use that to estimate how many calories you burn as part of your normal activity.

What you enter into your exercise diary for cardio should only be the "extra" activity you perform as part of your fitness program. So, if you're using your pedometer just to measure how many steps you take as part of your normal daily activity, you shouldn't count that in your diary because we already have. If, however, you are taking "extra" walks, then try to measure the time you spend taking the walk and enter walking in as a cardio exercise for that time period.

Hope that helps!
  • MikeMike Posts: 824Member Member Posts: 824Member Member
    OK I think we've fixed the issue with quick adding strength exercises. Can you try it again and let us know if it's working for you?