October 4th - National Taco Day!!!!!

13»

Replies

• bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Then you must try some homemade flour tortillas sweetie it will make you suck your thumb
    ANYTHING other than corn is a sin!!!!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    :huh:

i'm really talking about tacos damnit.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    can i make a taco salad and still have it count for the day? sometimes i just like to toss a salad.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Not necessarily my friend. We do have hardshell taco but I concur that the taco bell tacos are not authentic or as I call them bootleg. you need to creat your tacos de papa on a soft corn taco and fry it in aceite or manteca topped with homemade tomatoe and oregano sauce. Oh my I need to eat its 2pm and I havent had lunch brb!
    A taco on a flour tortilla is a burrito.

A taco on a crisp corn tortilla is a gringo taco. It has it's merits, and can be tasty, but it's not a real taco. Only soft, warm corn makes for a REAL taco.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    can i make a taco salad and still have it count for the day? sometimes i just like to toss a salad.

It takes some practice to do that but once you have it licked you never forget how.
  • maab_connor

It takes some practice to do that but once you have it licked you never forget how.

it's a skill.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    We do just that, but call them taquitos (fried tacos, folded in half). I loves 'em.

Also, in my world, the long rolled ones are flautas (not taquitos). Such a complicated world.
    Not necessarily my friend. We do have hardshell taco but I concur that the taco bell tacos are not authentic or as I call them bootleg. you need to creat your tacos de papa on a soft corn taco and fry it in aceite or manteca topped with homemade tomatoe and oregano sauce. Oh my I need to eat its 2pm and I havent had lunch brb!
    A taco on a flour tortilla is a burrito.

A taco on a crisp corn tortilla is a gringo taco. It has it's merits, and can be tasty, but it's not a real taco. Only soft, warm corn makes for a REAL taco.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    TIP: You wanna be sure to rinse your ingredients first.
  • maab_connor
    TIP: You wanna be sure to rinse your ingredients first.

and an excellent point you make. it's very important to work on clean surfaces. always.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    I love tacos...hot and saucy I am partial to Fish myself. On soft shells
  • MMMM soft tacos please.. usually like beef, cheese, sourcream, salsa and lettuce. Sometimes I'll switch beef for shredded chicken, and sourcream for guacamole.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    mmmm breakfast tacos..

eggs, chorizo, bacon, cheese, beans and potatoes.

Yes Tacos for every meal !
  • azQmaster
    azQmaster Posts: 448 Member
    I like to rub nut butter all over my taco!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    -.-
  • I like shrimp tacos.

Cilantro, Green Onions, Jalapenos, Hot Sauce (Tapatio), Lettuce, Cheddar Cheese. Sometimes sour cream.

Hot, but soft, Corn Tortilla.
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    no cheese, but it MUST HAVE TEARS OF THE SUN Hot sauce (made by High River Sauces) WOW!!! its a citrus style HOT Sauce, sooooooooo effing GOOD!

I love Beef only, no fish......LOL
  • i LOVE soft corn tortillas and tons of cilantro, pico de gallo and of course hot sauce. tacos are one thing i can go healthy on and still enjoy. i am okay with omitting the sour cream and guacamole. but i must have my cilantro!!!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Finely chopped onions, tomatoes, and cilantro...I like it with sour cream or without. Queso Fresco works well too.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,262 Member
    azQ:
    I like to rub nut butter all over my taco!

Smirk
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,809 Member
    Wait? Are we still talking about food?