10 Stubborn Food Myths Debunked

2»

Replies

• auntbitsy
    auntbitsy Posts: 14 Member
    (((((((Breaking Bad)))))))

I too was admiring your ticker...though I strongly disagree that there's no humor at all in the show. I laugh in each episode. It's dark, but it's there.

I don't recall if I cried when Jane died, but I did sit there with my mouth hanging open, I know that...

Oh, and I too was wondering WTH was up with the "skipping breakfast leads to starvation mode" comment in the article. I guess some things depend on *whose* science you listen to...
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    I agree with almost all of this, especially the water part! :P

However, it still has on myth in there, the "eat smaller meals more often" thing. Even thoogh this report is "science" , far more "science" has disproved this. It says if you skip one meal , you body goes into starvation mode, which simply is not true. It takes days for your body to go into starvation mode, not hours.
    I second you with the mythbuster about drinking so much water but…

Water is very helpful for controlling hunger pangs. If you chug down a glass of water before a meal, you'll probably eat less during that meal. On that basis, I'm 100% for drinking water but there is no need to drink that much water.

Insofar as "starvation mode" coming on in "days" - think months, not days. Hunger is not starvation. Losing weight on a low calorie diet is not "starvation mode". Starvation mode requires that the individual eat very, very little (I ate 800 to 1k cals/day for 7 months and never hit starvation mode) and disregard very obvious health issues.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    (((((((Breaking Bad)))))))

I too was admiring your ticker...though I strongly disagree that there's no humor at all in the show. I laugh in each episode. It's dark, but it's there.

I don't recall if I cried when Jane died, but I did sit there with my mouth hanging open, I know that...

You're right, there are some good LINES. I think Jesse has the best one liners in season one. Season 3 & 4 just got SO HEAVY. AMC has amazing, amazing writers. The continuity in Breaking Bad and Mad Men is unparalelled, in my opinoin.

...Should we just start a Breaking Bad fan forum?!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    We really, really should.
    This show is like my life lately and Im horribly depressed that the season is over and theres only one left.

Which makes me a sad human being, but I see a lot of people saying the same things.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    Jeeze, People, Spoilers!!! for Breaking Bad. I'm still a couple of seasons back. :D
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    the only one i didn't know was the cutting board thing.

now i won't scrub my wooden one quite so much hahah
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Jeeze, People, Spoilers!!! for Breaking Bad. I'm still a couple of seasons back. :D
    SORRY!

Oh man, I hate spoilers. Therefore I hate being someone who reveals them. Oops.