Let this be the one....

Options
Hi, thanks to a wonderful long lost friend that I just reconnected with, I've been introduced to this site (thnaks Monica!!) :happy: I've played the diet yo-yo game for my entire adult life. I'll be 40 in June and tired of being overweight - I've committed to making my 40's the best decade of my life and am so hoping that this site can help me get it started off on the right foot!

Replies

• cmsdives
    Options
    Hi, thanks to a wonderful long lost friend that I just reconnected with, I've been introduced to this site (thnaks Monica!!) :happy: I've played the diet yo-yo game for my entire adult life. I'll be 40 in June and tired of being overweight - I've committed to making my 40's the best decade of my life and am so hoping that this site can help me get it started off on the right foot!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place! Welcome and glad to have you!:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP, I hope you like it here, I love it here!!!!!!!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    40 was my catalyst for getting into shape too! :flowerforyou:

Welcome! You can do it! :drinker:
  • cmsdives
    Options
    Thanks! Sometimes I wonder why my desire to be fit and healthy and feeling good about myself isn't stronger than the urges to eat, even if I'm not hungry. I finally figured out why I get to a certain weight (about 205-210) and then start gaining the weight back - I get scared. I get scared that people won't like me and I won't be able to blame it on being fat. See, right now, when things don't go right or someone doesn't like me, I can blame it on being fat....if I'm not fat, then I have nothing to "blame". Does that even make any sense? I hate being fat, but I'm scared of not being fat - am I messed up or what?!?!?!? :frown:
  • AllenMom4
    AllenMom4 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    :smile: Welcome and good luck!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Sometimes I wonder why my desire to be fit and healthy and feeling good about myself isn't stronger than the urges to eat, even if I'm not hungry. I finally figured out why I get to a certain weight (about 205-210) and then start gaining the weight back - I get scared. I get scared that people won't like me and I won't be able to blame it on being fat. See, right now, when things don't go right or someone doesn't like me, I can blame it on being fat....if I'm not fat, then I have nothing to "blame". Does that even make any sense? I hate being fat, but I'm scared of not being fat - am I messed up or what?!?!?!? :frown:

Don't be scare of not being fat. You will love it. Just read some of the success stories. especally Tam Tastic Story. and a whole lot more of them. I am not one yet but I so intend to have a success story one of these days and so will you. See you there.--Marie
  • cmsdives
    Options
    Thanks Calie, It's something I'm working on. By the Grace of God, I have a wonderful boyfriend who loves me for me and wants to help me overcome this low self esteem problem of mine :heart: . Most of my childhood was focused on my weight - when I'd visit my grandparents the first thing out of their mouths was "oh, I see you've [gained/lost] weight" or (the one I REALLY love) "you have such a pretty face, if you could only loose a few pounds". No wonder I base my self-worth on my weight! :huh: UGH! 30+ years of that mindset isn't going to be easy to change, but I'm going to at least give it a good effort!

132196.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter