How can I get drunk without putting on the pounds?

124»

Replies

• ms78
    ms78 Posts: 37 Member
    If I drink, I make sure it is within my calorie limits - if I have enough calories left at the end of the day I indulge in some red wine and chocolate. For an occasional big night out I hit the gym hard the day before and the day after, I dance a lot during the night and stick to rum and diet coke or gin and tonic- but I don't give myself a hard time about it because I only do it once a month if that.
  • Mrsmannix
    Mrsmannix Posts: 22 Member
    Gin and diet tonic or soda water (soda water is 0 calories)
  • Totally delicious: Ocean Spray Light Blueberry (about 10 calories) with Pinnacle Whipped Cream vodka (69 calories per ounce).

Reminds me of blueberry pancakes with whipped cream. Yum!

That sounds delicious!!!!!!!
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    I drink vodka soda with a splash of cranberry and lime. I find vodka soda to be plain. ONLY about 85 calories per drink!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,224 Member
    One thing that hasn't been mentioned is that the calories per ounce in "distilled spirits" (gin, rum, vodka, whiskey, etc. Not *just* vodka) depend on the proof of the alcohol. 80 proof is around 64 calories an ounce, 86 proof = 69 calories, 90 proof = 73 calories, 94 proof = 76 calories and 100 proof = 82 calories. These are approximate as they vary a little bit from brand to brand, depending on what things may also have been added to the alcohols.
  • FitCoachJen
    FitCoachJen Posts: 139 Member
    I tend to drink dark, heavy beers where one is more than enough in terms of flavor. Trappists, barrel-aged stouts, things the color of motor oil.

You could also fast before the drinking so you'll get your buzz pretty quick and have calories to work with.
  • BrewerGeorge
    BrewerGeorge Posts: 397 Member
    I tend to drink dark, heavy beers where one is more than enough in terms of flavor. Trappists, barrel-aged stouts, things the color of motor oil.

You could also fast before the drinking so you'll get your buzz pretty quick and have calories to work with.
    cheers.gif
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    I am a little more careful that day but really when I drink I typically have a couple glasses of wine. More than enough to get me buzzed, I'm satisfied (no real desire to get falling down drunk here) and not that detrimental in calories. I don't like mixers because they're usually really watered down, but when I do vodka and diet is my favorite anyway. Rarely get margaritas or anything like that because they can be upwards of 500 cals a pop! Though mojitos are usually on the safer side if you must have something fancy.

This is timely because a coworker was just telling me how kids at her high school showed up at dances with vodka soaked tampons to avoid being caught with alcohol on their breath... I don't think it would work, and that would be a sure sign of being a little tooooo desperate to get drunk! I just think it's funny that I heard that and then saw this thread lol.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    My solution is this: get drinks at the club. dance like crazy and have an entirely fantastic time. thus, burn calories while also becoming drunk.
  • galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    PATRON + CLUB SODA WITH LIME!!

Yess SOOOO good!!!! Only 69 calories per drink!! :)

Just exercise & budget it in. I'm 23 years old if anyone thinks I'm going to stop drinking alcohol just because I need to lose weight they're out of their mind. =]
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    I like champagne - but I am going to stop... because I suffer from gout and drinking triggers it ): so sad.
  • lovelee79
    lovelee79 Posts: 362
    My go to drink : Vodka with Soda Water and a lime or lemon wedge.
    ( Or if I don't want to be burping on people all night, then just vodka and water LOL ! )
  • aAAAAAHAHAHHA thats freakin hilarious! id say vodka too, same cals as every alcohol, but higher in effect so you dont have to have as much. but thats just what i would SAY. i have no idea if its right. freakin eat chocolate.
  • generic_germ
    generic_germ Posts: 1 Member
    ... Once you pass midnight your into your next day's cal limit anyway.

I never considered that a party night breaks up into two days' intakes! Thank you for pointing this out.