Bring your crockpot/slow cooker recipes

Replies

• AliciaRenee1
    AliciaRenee1 Posts: 21 Member
    This thread is awesome. I love my crock pots (slow cookers) so much I own 4 currently and am buying another tomorrow that has 2 x 1L and 1 x 3L all with separate controls.

I admin a slow cooker group on FB and have transitioned to gluten free and lactose free recipes over the last couple years and now adapting mine, others, and creating new ones that fit into a low cal, low sugar, low carb (or healthy carb) set.

I will start sharing my new creations here and pick up some inspiration from the recipes already in this thread :smile:
  • bonjovi27
    bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
    Delicious bolognese; goes well with pasta or on toast!
    https://athomewithash.wordpress.com/2017/06/15/slow-cooker-basic-bolognese/
  • isaiah4031a
    isaiah4031a Posts: 206 Member
    Bump. Theses lok good
  • For later!
  • cmoler0803
    cmoler0803 Posts: 1 Member
    I do Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, add BBQ sauce of your choice and pineapples.
    If meet is thawed I normally cook on high for 3-4 hours otherwise on high for 6 hours.
    I pair that with some skillet cooked peppers and onions and whole grain rice.
    YUMMY!!!!
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    With cooler weather approaching.. I would like to use my crockpot more often!
  • ohiomcginn
    ohiomcginn Posts: 1 Member
    bump
  • timechanging
    timechanging Posts: 29 Member
    This thread is awesome. I love my crock pots (slow cookers) so much I own 4 currently and am buying another tomorrow that has 2 x 1L and 1 x 3L all with separate controls.

I admin a slow cooker group on FB and have transitioned to gluten free and lactose free recipes over the last couple years and now adapting mine, others, and creating new ones that fit into a low cal, low sugar, low carb (or healthy carb) set.

I will start sharing my new creations here and pick up some inspiration from the recipes already in this thread :smile:

Hi Alicia what is the slow cooker group you have on facebook.
  • corrinacain
    corrinacain Posts: 1 Member
    Bump
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    edited October 2017
    This is not low calorie, but it’s perfect for bringing to a holiday diner, or fixing really fast in the morning before work, and letting it cook on your desk for a few hours for a work celebration. Ppl were literally picking it off the sides of the crock pot!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/rich---creamy-mashed-potatoes/amp
  • GoBlue1981
    GoBlue1981 Posts: 358 Member
    Pot Roast
    Carrots
    Potatoes
    Onion
    Celery
    Beef broth (enough to cover...depends on size of crockpot and meat cut but usually 2 cans or one box)
    Salt & pepper to taste

Season meat cut and cook on low in a crockpot (6-8 hours).

Combine meat, broth and chopped vegs (potatoes, carrots, onions, celery whatever you want to add if anything all in together. Keep veg sizes in bigger pieces if they are going to cook that long. You can add a couple of cans of beef broth. Just enough to cover the vegs. Additional broth will cook out of the meat too.

Gravy :
    (if wanted):
    You can use a Brown Gravy mix (store bought package). Which calls for 1 cup of water and the mix but I use half broth (from the roast) and half water.

OR:

You can make your own from scratch with a water and flour mix and broth from the meat towards the end of the cooking time.

You want your flour water mix to be thick but still able to pour. Try 2 Tablespoons of flour and 1/2 cup water (mix this together first). Put 2 cups of broth from your roast in the pan and slowly stir in the water/flour mix and bring to a boil in a pan/skillet on the stove. As it boils it thickens. If it is too thick add more broth, If it doesn't thicken, add more flour/water.
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    slap in a pork or beef joint with what ever seasoning you like. leave on high for 3-4 hours and then low for further 1-2 hours. pulled pork or beef to do you a few days.
  • zahnwr
    zahnwr Posts: 5 Member
    Bump!
  • AlinaDonos
    AlinaDonos Posts: 8 Member
    ChantalO89 wrote: »
    I know everyone probably has this recipe but have to have it for the crockpot!!

Chili

4oz Ground Turkey
    1 cup Onion Chopped
    1 cup Green Pepper Chopped
    2 cans of Dark Red Kidney Beans
    1 can of Crushed Tomatoes
    3 tsp of Chili Powder
    1 tsp of Garlic
    1 tsp of Black Pepper

Mix all together in crockpot...6-8 hours on low..YuM!!!!

Tried it, loved it, will do it again!
  • AlinaDonos
    AlinaDonos Posts: 8 Member
    KaciWood19 wrote: »
    cream cheese chicken:

1 package dry italian seasoning mix
    1 package low fat cream cheese
    1 package low sodium cream of chicken soup
    I do about 3 boneless skinless breasts cut up into chunks

cook on low 8-10 hours, serve over rice

GREAT for a cold day.

Sounds so simple and delicious!! This is next on my list! THANKS!
  • toddandwendy3
    toddandwendy3 Posts: 32 Member
    This thread is amazing. My wife will be so proud of me when I start making these!
  • amazsplendor
    amazsplendor Posts: 314 Member
    For Later!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    I have made this twice in the last couple of weeks. I doubled the batch for a 7 quart slow cooker. The idea was "I'll freeze some for lunches during the week." HAHA! As if there will be any leftovers. :)

geniuskitchen.com/recipe/low-carb-crock-pot-jambalaya-96660
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Yesterday's (and today's) dinner; I've made it so many times and it's always delish:

3-4 lb. beef roast.
    1 can cream of mushroom
    1 can golden mushroom
    1 packet onion soup mix
    1 c. beef broth

S&P the roast or use Montreal steak seasoning
    Mix the soups and pour over roast
    Cook on low 9-10 hours
    Serve with potatoes/veg
    Nom
  • amazsplendor
    amazsplendor Posts: 314 Member
    Yesterday's (and today's) dinner; I've made it so many times and it's always delish:

3-4 lb. beef roast.
    1 can cream of mushroom
    1 can golden mushroom
    1 packet onion soup mix
    1 c. beef broth

S&P the roast or use Montreal steak seasoning
    Mix the soups and pour over roast
    Cook on low 9-10 hours
    Serve with potatoes/veg
    Nom

This sounds good .. I will be definitely giving it a try!