Does water with cyrstal light sugar flavor count towards you

2»

Replies

• Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 948 Member
    I count everything as water. The only thing I refuse to count is my coffee in the morning. Coffee dehydrates you. . They say every cup of coffee you drink, you need to drink another cup of water ...
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,224 Member
    If you are going to avoid aspartame - Mio has that in it as well I believe (which is why it's only 0 calories)....I will count water with flavor in it, but I also don't buy the 0 calorie ones (because of the aspartame). I know Weight waters a long time ago, counted only 1/2 the serving of water with flavor - not sure how they do it now?

I just try to drink water with lemon only.

Mio is not sweetened with aspartame. I have a friend who is allergic to aspartame and was thrilled when Mio came out. It is sweetened with sucralose. Yes, it's still an artificial sweetener if you are trying to avoid those, but people who don't mind artificial sweeteners, but are allergic to aspartame have Mio as an option.
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 577 Member

Thank you for that....I also verified that it does not contain aspartame....thought I was going to have to give up Mio...which I love!! The mango/peach is awesome!!

If you are going to avoid aspartame - Mio has that in it as well I believe (which is why it's only 0 calories)....I will count water with flavor in it, but I also don't buy the 0 calorie ones (because of the aspartame). I know Weight waters a long time ago, counted only 1/2 the serving of water with flavor - not sure how they do it now?

I just try to drink water with lemon only.

Mio is not sweetened with aspartame. I have a friend who is allergic to aspartame and was thrilled when Mio came out. It is sweetened with sucralose. Yes, it's still an artificial sweetener if you are trying to avoid those, but people who don't mind artificial sweeteners, but are allergic to aspartame have Mio as an option.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    I count everything as water. The only thing I refuse to count is my coffee in the morning. Coffee dehydrates you. . They say every cup of coffee you drink, you need to drink another cup of water ...

Who is this "they" you speak of?

I'd like to slap them about with this:

http://www.divinecaroline.com/22178/46361-coffee-makes-dehydrated-say-what
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    I was drinking a LOT of crystal light and counting it, but I have found that my weight loss slows when drinking as much as I was; and my cravings are much more intense.

Lately I have been drinking water infused with lemon and cucumber! It is amazingly refreshing!!!!!

really? That makes sense why I've had these crazy cravings since I've started drinking crystal light.
  • tyadrake
    tyadrake Posts: 107 Member
    I like the MIO's, 0 Calorie and I drink them every day. I also can't just drink plain water
    Dito!!!!!!! Love the Mio's!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    I personaly choose NOT to count my coffee. I drink 4-5 cups a day. Everyone is going to say something different.. I also add 4-6 additional 8 oz servings of water if i eat more than normal sodium...
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    I personaly choose NOT to count my coffee. I drink 4-5 cups a day. Everyone is going to say something different.. I also add 4-6 additional 8 oz servings of water if i eat more than normal sodium...

It's up to you if you "count" them or not. Your body is getting the water from your coffee even if you don't count it. There's nothing wrong with having excess water to that level, but just realise there's actually no need to if you are forcing yourself to drink your 8 cups.