Why don't people get it?

1235»

Replies

• cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    How about putting a huge note on your desk (or your forehead for emphasis ;)) that says "I DON'T WANT A DAMN BAGEL!"

Hmmmm I like this idea... Maybe I'll change the signature on my e-mails to say something to this effect

hahhaha this is the best solution so far, made me laugh!

And yeah I totally hear you. I disagree with whoever said these people have good intentions! Their intentions always feel malicious and sabotage-oriented to me. Although I guess I'm not a very reliable judge of character, because I have never personally tried to force someone to eat something after they said no the first time, so I have no clue where these people get such ideas and what motives are behind them. Quite curious, really.
  • colelea40
    colelea40 Posts: 7 Member
    I love this suggestion!
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    i think its a combination of things. As ppl have said, most ppl have good intentions and dont want to see you starve yourself. They enjoy it and they want you to enjoy it to. And i think there is still a massive stigma with "dieting" - that ur eating only celery and exercise 10 hrs a day and other ridiculous extremes that ppl associate with weight loss. If your "dieting" your depriving your body, going on a crazy fad etc. and i have found as well alot of ppl think that, unless ur morbiely obesse, you are "dieting" for shallow reasons, theres a persception that "average/overweight" ppl dont exercise to be healthty they exercise to look good, cause whats so unhealthhy about being a little overwewight? its only bad wen ur out of control and obesse. well thats what i have found ppl think in any case. i dont think its intentional its just a perception thing. and its ok for "average" ppl to have just one bagel and "light" cream cheese. and since you are not "obesse" then its ok for you to have it, and have a break from ur "horrible diet".

i mean none of this is my opinion, but i think this is how a lot of other ppl think...
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    LIKE!!!
  • I just take the food and throw it in the trash at my desk. LOL

After a while they leave you alone b/c people get pissed when you start throwing treats away.