why so many judgemental people on this site?

13»

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    I love being able to tallk to someone on here. I need all the help I can get on this.

debi
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Starrotts
    Starrotts Posts: 164
    :flowerforyou: im glad i missed the drama life is enough drama for me without other ****......lol............:blushing:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Keiko-- you subversive-- you causin' trouble? :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
    nah no trouble from Keiko EVER:flowerforyou: She was offering help and sadly it was misunderstood:cry:
  • Fitness_Chick
    That's one bad thing about the internet - you can't always determine the tone or the intention of what is written.

I :heart: this community! I hope you will learn to love it too.
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    :flowerforyou: im glad i missed the drama life is enough drama for me without other ****......lol............:blushing:
    no drama was missed:flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I did not read the post where she was seeking answers about EDs. The post I read, which did refer to someone seeking professional help, was in an unrelated thread wherein an MFP member was seeking good, healthy snack ideas, and trying to determine her own healthy goal weight. I can understand saying something like that when the person has brought up the issue, but she didn't do that in that post and to be honest I found it kind of rude also. There are nicer ways to says things, there are also more private ways- such as through private messages. I don't think anyone intentionally meant to hurt anyone's feelings, and I hope everyone else realizes that too. That's just my 2 cents.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Wow, I missed something too. I have only seen encouragement and love on these boards.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Keiko-- you subversive-- you causin' trouble? :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
    nah no trouble from Keiko EVER:flowerforyou: She was offering help and sadly it was misunderstood:cry:

yeah-- I was just teasin' -- Keiko's my buddy-- she's sweet, loving, warm and wise-- anything she ever says, any counsel given, opinions felt are always conveyed, in my experience, with only the best heartfelt intentions-- I got your back, Keiko. :wink: :wink:
  • Fitness_Chick

yeah-- I was just teasin' -- Keiko's my buddy-- she's sweet, loving, warm and wise-- anything she ever says, any counsel given, opinions felt are always conveyed, in my experience, with only the best heartfelt intentions-- I got your back, Keiko. :wink: :wink:
    Hey what about my back Chickie!:noway: :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Just a reminder - if you see a post where someone has attacked/insulted/belittled another user, you can use the Report Abuse button to let me know. I'll take a look as quickly as I can and see if the post warrants any action. If it does violate our forum rules, I'll either remove the post, warn the user who posted it, or even ban them if the violation is bad enough.

Basically, the report abuse button is a way to let me know if something bad has happened on the message boards. As you can imagine, there are a ton of posts happening constantly on the site, and there's no way I could read them all, so I rely on all of you to help alert me when a bad post has been made. Once you file a report, I get notified and will take a look as soon as I can.

Attacking or insulting other users on the message boards is definitely against the forum rules. The message boards are here so that you can find support from other members, not insults, so we definitely want to ensure that the environment remains positive.

However, please also be aware that using the Report Abuse button is the only acceptable way to handle an attack from another user. For example, if you decide to attack/insult back, then you are as guilty of breaking the forum rules as the original attacker. You may not insult another user, even if you are just defending yourself or defending a friend.

You can see the full forum rules at: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14924-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting

Overall, the message boards are really a great place. I'm constantly amazed at how many incredible people we have posting on the site. These rules are just in place to make sure that the message board remain a positive experience for everyone on the site.

If you have any questions, just let me know. Hope you are all enjoying the site!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member

Hey what about my back Chickie!:noway: :wink: :flowerforyou:

From here to eternity, friend-- :smooched:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    I thought it was for support, not for personal attacks, why is it that I'm seeing and reading people's comments, thinking it's perfectly ok, to not only attack someones choices in life but to actually tell someone that they need professional help? or let alone how to parent their own children? the old adage think before you speak comes to mind....seems like a few people have no clue what that means.

“We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.”

I do remember the posts where you felt you were being "attacked". I was thinking to myself "geez, leave her alone, she was just posting her own suggestions!!!" But then again people can say what they want to say and we just have to take it or not take with a grain of salt. I think you look terrific!!!! Keep up the good work and dont get discouraged by some posts you might see here. Most people are very supportive and caring. :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.