Sweet Potato Brulee - In time for Thanksgiving!

TazzyDB
TazzyDB Posts: 224
Mashed Sweet Potatoes Brulee
Adapted from Cooking Light / Skinnytaste.com

Servings: 14 • Size: 1/2 cup

Calories: 113.4 • Fat: 1.5 g • Protein: 2.2 g • Carb: 25.6 g • Fiber: 2.9 g • Sugar: 14.8
Sodium: 141 mg

Ingredients:
• 5 1/2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and boiled until soft
• 3/4 cup 1% milk
• 3 tbsp light butter, softened
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/2 cup unpacked light brown sugar

Directions:

When the potatoes are cooked and soft, combine them with milk, light butter, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and mash or puree until smooth.

Spoon into a 9 x 9 or 11 x 7-inch baking dish.

Preheat the broiler. Sprinkle 1/2 cup brown sugar evenly over top. Broil 2 minutes or until sugar melts, careful not to burn. Let it stand until the melted sugar hardens (about 5 minutes).

Makes 7 cups.

NOTE: To prepare ahead, make the mashed sweet potatoes the day before, then re-heat them before topping with sugar and broiling. Once you broil them, you'll want to serve them right away. If you are bringing them to someone's house, don't add the brown sugar topping until you are ready to serve.

Replies

• Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    bump
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Sounds YUMMY!!! Thank you for sharing.
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    skinny taste is a website i look at daily! too funny, I just printed this recipe yesterday and put it on my meal list for next week!
  • ok here is a stupid questioin is this more of a dessert or a side dish? it sounds yummy
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    ok here is a stupid questioin is this more of a dessert or a side dish? it sounds yummy

not stupid!! but I would say side dish
  • longoverdue
    longoverdue Posts: 57 Member
    bump
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    hot bumping dang that sounds awesome
  • TazzyDB
    TazzyDB Posts: 224
    ok here is a stupid questioin is this more of a dessert or a side dish? it sounds yummy

I am going to serve it as a side dish... sort of like a low calorie sweet potatos with marshmallows. When I saw it today, I had to share!!!
  • i just bought a bunch of sweet potatos from my parents friend who owns a farmers market, wasnt sure what to do with them all. And thanks to you now I do =p test run this weekend!

Thanks a bunch !
  • this was a winner with my family !
  • glenda_ok
    glenda_ok Posts: 54 Member
    bump!