1234568»

Replies

• Banana Blueberry Muffins

INGREDIENTS
    3/4 cup nonfat or low-fat buttermilk
    3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
    1/4 cup canola oil
    2 large eggs
    1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
    1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1 1/4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen

PREPARATION
    1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 12 (1/2-cup) muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners.

2. Whisk buttermilk, brown sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in mashed bananas.

3. Whisk whole-wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in a medium bowl.

4. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries.

5. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups (they will be full).

6. Bake until the tops are golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.

7. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and let cool on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes more before serving.

NUTRITION
    Per muffin: 232 calories; 6 g fat ( 1 g sat , 3 g mono ); 36 mg cholesterol; 41 g carbohydrates; 13 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 248 mg sodium; 163 mg potassium.
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    bump
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Mustard Crusted Salmon

Ingredients

1 1/4 pounds center-cut salmon fillets, cut into 4 portions (5 oz each portion)
    1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
    Freshly ground pepper, to taste
    1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
    2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
    2 teaspoons lemon juice
    Lemon wedges

Preparation
    1.Preheat broiler. Line a broiler pan or baking sheet with foil, then coat it with cooking spray.

2.Place salmon pieces, skin-side down, on the prepared pan. Season with salt and pepper. Combine sour cream, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl. Spread evenly over the salmon.

3.Broil the salmon 5 inches from the heat source until it is opaque in the center, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.

NutritionPer serving: 198 calories; 8 g fat ( 2 g sat , 6 g mono ); 72 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 29 g protein; 0 g fiber; 375 mg sodium; 560 mg potassium.

bump...that sounds good!
  • This looks like a great thread. I'll look forward to checking out all the recipes when I have a few minutes. Thanks for sharing!
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Banana Blueberry Muffins

INGREDIENTS
    1/4 cup canola oil
    2 large eggs
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt

PREPARATION
    1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat 12 (1/2-cup) muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper liners.

2. Whisk buttermilk, brown sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in mashed bananas.

3. Whisk whole-wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in a medium bowl.

4. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in blueberries.

6. Bake until the tops are golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.

7. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and let cool on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes more before serving.

NUTRITION
    Per muffin: 232 calories; 6 g fat ( 1 g sat , 3 g mono ); 36 mg cholesterol; 41 g carbohydrates; 13 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 248 mg sodium; 163 mg potassium.

I just made these today -- yummy!
  • MABEL733
    MABEL733 Posts: 33 Member
    Bump
  • l00zrr
    l00zrr Posts: 109 Member
    Just tried this today! My Grandmother sent me cookbook, and I picked this out for dinner!

Broccoli & Noodles Supreme
    Serves 6

-3 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
    -2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
    -1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
    -1/2 cup sour cream
    -1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    -1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

1.Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Add the broccoli for the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Drain the noodle mixture well in a colander. Return the noodle mixture to the saucepan.
    2.Stir the soup, sour cream, cheese and black pepper in the saucepan and cook over medium heat until the mixture is hot and bubbling, stirring often.

According to MFP:
    Calories : 198
    Carbs : 22
    Fat : 8
    Protein : 8
    Vit C : 17

exps26957_QC10483D14B.jpg
  • Banana Blueberry Muffins

INGREDIENTS
    1/4 cup canola oil
    2 large eggs
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon salt

PREPARATION

NUTRITION

I just made these today -- yummy!

yay...glad you liked them!
  • Losewhey8
    Losewhey8 Posts: 8 Member
    bump
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    CABBAGE-SPINACH SAUSAGE SOUP

Ingredients:
    - 1 large head of cabbage
    - 1 1/2- 15 oz bags of frozen spinach (you can use more or less, or omit this entirely)
    - 4 cups vegetable broth
    - 1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
    - 10 chicken sauages (I used spinach and garlic flavored)
    - 1 can great northern beans
    - salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
    - 1/2 cup flour (I used wheat flour, but anything that is a thickening agent will work)

Directions:
    1.) Boil roughly chopped cabbage with vegetable broth (I added my seasonings before putting the cabbage in to make it more flavorful)
    2.) after cabbage has cooked to your liking, add frozen spinach and start cutting cooked sausages
    3.) Add the sausages and beans; let cook a little
    4.) add milk and flour and cook until warmed through

Everytime I added something, I stirred it thoroughly and also cooked it in a dutch oven and I wouldn't put it in a smaller pot than that because it definitely filled up my dutch oven to the rim! I made this recipe up, but had inspirations from many cabbage soup recipes on the internet.
  • bump. Need to follow this. Sounds soooo good!