TMI - ladies only :-)

2»

Replies

• I weighed myself - was like 4lbs up, freaked out and had a breakdown for a week. Back to normal the next week. Not worth the stress, skip the weigh in! :D

Lol I feel your pain!! I usually try to not to weigh myself during those horrendous days, but then I get extremely anxious and just do it, knowing I am probably 3-5lbs. heavier in water weight. After I get my result, you know the rest. :'D
  • I don't get disheartened at all. I weigh every day in the morning, and I watch my weight go up a pound or two over the week just before my period, then 2 or 3 days in, BAM, I've lost it plus some extra. Feels good man.
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    huh? :huh: i am a dude. :tongue:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    I'll also find I won't be able to excercise as much as I've been doing due to well its a gross time for me lol

Why can't you exercise? Are you seriously that grossed out by your bodily functions that you can't put a pad on/tampon in and go exercise? You can exercise normally.. you just have to take extra pre-cautions so you don't accidentally leak or w/e.

Exercise helps with the cramps and what not.. plus makes your flow a bit lighter and regular I've found.
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    I'll also find I won't be able to excercise as much as I've been doing due to well its a gross time for me lol

Why can't you exercise? Are you seriously that grossed out by your bodily functions that you can't put a pad on/tampon in and go exercise? You can exercise normally.. you just have to take extra pre-cautions so you don't accidentally leak or w/e.

Exercise helps with the cramps and what not.. plus makes your flow a bit lighter and regular I've found.

My flow is all most to the point of hemmoraging so if you'd been in my situation since you were 15 you'd know how I feel, I can barely walk without leaking, I wear super pads, sometimes a maternity pad to control the flow,
    And he's before you ask I've seen a doctor and gyno bla blah, it's normal for me, apparently, and I'm on tablets to try and lessen the flow
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member

My flow is all most to the point of hemmoraging so if you'd been in my situation since you were 15 you'd know how I feel, I can barely walk without leaking, I wear super pads, sometimes a maternity pad to control the flow,
    And he's before you ask I've seen a doctor and gyno bla blah, it's normal for me, apparently, and I'm on tablets to try and lessen the flow

I do know.. because I was like that too.. Had cramps so bad I couldn't move. Then I went on Birth control and everything was fixed.. and my flow did get a lot lighter and the cramps a lot less.

Hopefully those tablets help you.
  • I usually skip it but I'm always thrilled when I see a noticable weightloss in my clothes after TOM.
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member

I do know.. because I was like that too.. Had cramps so bad I couldn't move. Then I went on Birth control and everything was fixed.. and my flow did get a lot lighter and the cramps a lot less.

I used to be this way as well. After I had children and since I've been on birth control and such, it has helped a ton. My cramps are not as bad (at all) and it's not like a wave of sh...tuff flows as soon as I stand anymore.
    However, I still get cramps and I'm sometimes still heavier than the average woman on the second day or so and if it's really bad I just workout at home that day but for the most part I've not had to skip a day of anything due to TOM for a long time.
    Hopefully after children and/or birth control, you'll have a better time with it.
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member

I used to be this way as well. After I had children and since I've been on birth control and such, it has helped a ton. My cramps are not as bad (at all) and it's not like a wave of sh...tuff flows as soon as I stand anymore.
    However, I still get cramps and I'm sometimes still heavier than the average woman on the second day or so and if it's really bad I just workout at home that day but for the most part I've not had to skip a day of anything due to TOM for a long time.
    Hopefully after children and/or birth control, you'll have a better time with it.

I've had 2 children, it's always been a problem since it started for me when I was 15, and family is the same as well, so unfortunately after my kids it's still stayed the same so it's something I just deal with, the tablets have helped abit
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Did you know that a heavy flow can sometimes mean you are low in iron?? and if you are on a diet then that is very possible. everybody is different though. I have had 5 children and it gets heavier after every child to the point where i cant leave the house on the first day, not to mention the pain and headaches, so i just curl up and try to pretend that i'm invisible!!! not easy with 5 kids. back to the original question about weighing in...i think if your hormones are out of control and you know you are going to break down with a gain then don't do it, if you know your body and are cool with it then .......