Another Backhanded NSV

2»

Replies

• elliemay63
    elliemay63 Posts: 62 Member
    Totally understand your thought process! My mind goes the wrong way when I hear - "Man - you've lost a TON of weight!" :indifferent: My first thought is "was I so big you thought I weighed a ton?" :noway: But my GF says I have a skinny face now and maybe that is what prompts the comment. I have lost about 20 pounds since last Christmas and have toned ALOT. :drinker:
    And I agree - good job on passing on the breakfast! Best of luck to you on your journey!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    I was thinking it must have been the tone she used that made it backhanded... On the other hand, I've had some over the top compliments from girls at work that made me thing the same thing - was that really a compliment or is she being a smart *kitten*?
    Like "you're so skinny now, if you stand sideways, we'd lose you" or "you're melting away!".

One day, I looked over my shoulder, grabbed a hunk of my rear and said "if I'm so skinny, what the heck is this?". That was probably a bit mean but I couldn't help it! The gushing was just too much... So now I just smile and say "thank you!" and leave it at that. Don't analyze it or sink to the level if they are being backhanded, kill 'em with kindness!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    That's a very common phrase, I wouldn't take it too seriously.
  • It really depends on the person who said it.

I have some catty co-workers and if they said it to me it'd be the subtle b--chiness behind it. Some women never get out of high-school. The need to cut others down, while pretending to be sweet about it can just be their style.

Don't sweat it. Just Sweat.

;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!