Instructions to calculate your goal weight knowing your curr

13»

Replies

• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member

And FYI: That 200 pound person above with 15% body fat is me at 5'6" tall and in a size 8. Weight has nothing to do with size. The ratio of body fat to lean body mass is what determines your clothing size. :wink:

This is not really true. In any case, thanks for the rest of your post it was informative.

I'm sorry you don't believe me, but yes, it is true. My classmates and professor in my exercise physiology practicum class were shocked, too, when they saw the weight on the scale when we were learning to use the BodPod and I did the body fat test. It's from lots of heavy weight training and the glycogen loading necessary to provide the fuel for all those 300 pound squats. I'm in a bulking phase right now which is why my ticker says I'm at goal, but when I start cutting again for body building competition, I'll change my ticker to show a goal weight of about 185-190 but actually the goal will be 8-10% body fat so that the muscles really show.

I believe your stats, don't msunderstand me :) But it's not true that size has nothing to do with weight. You can not fit an infinite mass of muscle/glycogen into a finite space. A person with your stats (200lbs, 15%BF) is still going to be bigger in volume and measurements than a person with my stats (137lbs, 22%BF) even though my BF% is larger than yours. Congrats on your fitness and progress :)