almond milk !

2»

Replies

• ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    I like the Silk unsweetened if I'm adding it to stuff, like to make scrambled eggs. But as for drinking it alone, I find the taste kind of boring.

For drinking, I prefer Almond Breeze. Their unsweetened vanilla is 40 calories per cup, unsweetened chocolate is 45 calories per cup. So far I have only been able to find the unsweetened chocolate in the vacuum packs that are not refrigerated. But I don't mind, because the shelf life is really good on them and I can stock up.

I was always a milk lover, and drank skim. Now I can go back to my milk loving roots, and drink a 16 ounce glass and never feel guilty about the calories!

wait what! they have them in unsweetened chocolate! what! I have never seen that! I am totally going to have to look now! that will eliminate my need for no sugar added nesquick!
  • Yes it is good! My sister has used it in the past, and I have tasted it! Pretty yummy! :)
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    I use vanilla unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk in my oatmeal every morning and I love it! And it's only 40 calories for a whole cup, which is great.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    I am currently trying the Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, which is 35 calories a cup. I think after this carton I will go back to the Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk. The Silk brand is a few less calories, but it is much thicker than Almond Breeze.
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    I love it in shakes, cereal, baking...but I very very rarely drink it alone. It is a bit too thick for my liking.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    I buy the unsweetened vanilla. I don't really like to drink it plain. I use it in my cereal. However, my favorite is to make my oatmeal with it. I hated the chocolate flavored one.
  • I love it love it love it!!! I rarely drink or use regular milk for myself, and I only put almond milk in my coffee. I use it in my protein shakes or my oatmeal or if I happen to have cereal. I think it tastes way better than regular skim milk
  • lisasays
    lisasays Posts: 142 Member
    Its really really good and good for you!
  • lc504
    lc504 Posts: 130 Member
    I LOVE almond milk now! The taste is so yummy that I've all but given up dairy milk. My favorite is the Silk "Original" kind which is 60 calories per cup. Very sweet and delish.