New member check in...

Replies

• christine5512
    christine5512 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Everyone! My name is Christine. I live in Bethesda and work near Union Station. I am just trying to get into better shape, move more, eat better etc. I just got a FitBit Zip and I'm really excited about it! It syncs really well with MFP and runkeeper (I don't run a lot but I use it for walking too haha)

Just looking for some supportive, fun people to chat with and keep me accountable!
  • xerothermic
    xerothermic Posts: 80
    I have a FitBit flex and use it like my life depends on it. Here's my url if you want to add me on there :)
    www.fitbit.com/user/2CL3RF
  • christine5512
    Oh! I definitely will! I've been looking for more fitbit friends! It's fun to have some competition!
  • NorahCait
    NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
    Hi Christine!

I just got a fitbit, too! https://www.fitbit.com/user/2PQ9XR

I'm Norah -- I live in Columbia Heights and I work in NoMa. I've been trying to walk home every day but I'm not sure how that's going to go with the hot weather coming up.
  • christine5512
    Awesome! I walk about 15 minutes each way to the metro every day and I totally feel you on how the hot weather will affect that haha. Arriving at the metro and/or work all sweaty isn't my favorite way to start the day :)
  • nikiuw
    nikiuw Posts: 1 Member
    New member here. I live in Arlington and work in Falls Church so I'm lucky with my commute. Starting to find balance with calorie intake and exercise. Little sister is getting married in August and I'd like to look good in the pictures. :) Lost 50lbs over ten year ago and been in the same range for the last few years. Looking for walking buddies. Maybe a gym buddy to keep me accountable (Gold's Gym member).

Good luck everyone!
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    New member here. I live in Arlington and work in Falls Church so I'm lucky with my commute. Starting to find balance with calorie intake and exercise. Little sister is getting married in August and I'd like to look good in the pictures. :) Lost 50lbs over ten year ago and been in the same range for the last few years. Looking for walking buddies. Maybe a gym buddy to keep me accountable (Gold's Gym member).

Good luck everyone!

Welcome to the group!
  • __Bad_Leroy
    __Bad_Leroy Posts: 242
    Not new but new account. Old account was doug_pierce.
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Not new but new account. Old account was doug_pierce.

Welcome to the group.
  • Shaselai
    Shaselai Posts: 151
    New member here. Working on Keto diet so far. I am a Zumba lover and I go to Sensazao in alexandria and also a Golds gym member mostly going to Gallows in falls church, tysons and sometime chantilly. If anyone in the area we can join classes or something. I live in Fairfax
  • brklynchick81
    brklynchick81 Posts: 4 Member
    Not a new member, but I got stalled by my asthma. Hard to workout when you can't breathe. Finally have my breathing and other health related issues under control for the moment. I am ready to get healthier.
  • shaxianna
    shaxianna Posts: 4 Member
    Hello...currently living in Washington DC. Just joined this group today...
  • dorkyfaery
    dorkyfaery Posts: 255 Member
    Evening folks. Just joined the group so I thought I'd say hello. I live in Herndon, Virginia. I've been on MFP for a while but in the last six months I've really hit my stride. I've slowly, but steadily, lost 13 pounds since January 2014. I'm just here to find people to share experiences, frustrations, and successes.
  • Hi, all, currently in Herndon. Not new to MFP, but planning on sticking with it this time. I didn't take it seriously last time. After 2 personal trainers and a nutritionist, I have returned back to running to lose weight since that has worked very well in the past for me. Looking for more local friends, thanks!
  • cdbjr2000
    cdbjr2000 Posts: 63 Member
    Hello- live in SOMD work in DC. I need to loose 50+.
  • Hey all! New member just joined today. I'm a Baltimore area college student looking to lose about 50 lbs and just get healthy.
  • seththealmighty
    seththealmighty Posts: 51 Member
    edited November 2014
    Checking in,

Brand new member to myfitnesspal (on day 4 now?), and newish member to the DMV area. I got out of the Marines and moved from Virginia Beach to the Bethesda/Rockville area; almost been living here for 1 year. Now I'm a student that doesn't get out much, and therefore now getting back into shape.

185lbs cutting down to 160lbs.
    I used to do cardio in the mornings and weights in the evenings, but I decided to try out P90X/Insanity Hybrid workout for now before I start on weights. My body is hurting so good :lol:

edit: if you want to get together for some weekend trail runs or snowboarding, send me a friend request.
  • AlisonTheNerd
    AlisonTheNerd Posts: 41 Member
    Hello! I've liven in MD for almost 2 years now, and I currently am in the Glen Burnie/Severn area.

I am trying to take an active role in my health care, and with several chronic conditions I have unfortunately gained 30 lbs in 6 months. So I'm on here (a second time) trying to get my health in order.

I just enrolled at the Pasadena LA Fitness (it has a pool!)
  • 17BigDaddy
    17BigDaddy Posts: 32 Member
    Hi! I'm new to the group...
  • Live on the Eastern Shore of Md, work in Annapolis. Started a fitness challenge at work and I am refreshing my use of MFP.