Graduation Announcements!

Replies

• ammyers714
    ammyers714 Posts: 3 Member
    After failing to even pass week 3 on multiple occasions, I finally did the entire program! I graduated during the first week of September. Couldn’t be more proud!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Way to go!
  • chermo605
    chermo605 Posts: 1 Member
    Great job everyone! I'm trying to get through C25K and hopefully sign up for my very first 5K (at age 40!) in February to support Special Olympics. Glad I stumbled upon this community to keep me motivated.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,522 Member
    This group has 15.5k members, there must be more successes than this? Have you succeeded? Have you started again or are you starting again? If you finished did you keep up running, get to 10k? Half-marathon? What do you feel C25k gave you?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I have completed C25k a couple of times, went on to a 10k training program and eventually ran a half marathon.

That being said, I'm starting over again.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    I did complete c25k but never announced on this thread since I was chatting on the March 2019 thread. I have continued running and attended a couple of Parkrun 5k events locally. This past week I decided to start the Bridge to 10k program to increase my weekly mileage.
  • Rpp1986
    Rpp1986 Posts: 10 Member
    Graduated yesterday and am super stoked!

hny2qg9qarsr.jpeg
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,367 Member
    Graduated today at 8.15pm - ran 5K in 44 minutes 😁 now to work on being a bit faster without feeling like I'm going to collapse in a wheezing puddle on the pavement
  • TheMrWobbly
    Congratulations @Rpp1986 and @VanVanDiane - brilliant work, be really proud!
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    I finished up this past Saturday. :)
  • TheMrWobbly
    Fantastic @merph518 ! Any advice for others to get over that line?
  • merph518
    merph518 Posts: 702 Member
    @TheMrWobbly If you're struggling, don't be afraid to repeat a workout or two. Also don't worry too much about pace. If you're having a hard time with longer running intervals, slow down a bit more and it'll be more sustainable :)

I'm still hovering near 300 lbs, so the program wasn't easy by any stretch for me. I made it though and these days I'm feeling good after my morning runs, where I used to be exhausted and dealing with lower leg pain/soreness.
  • TheMrWobbly
    That is darn impressive @merph518 and the weight loss to boot is equally mind blowing. Very well done.
  • TheMrWobbly
    All done, a little bit back to front having done a few 5k jogs before finishing.

There are physical things that can stop you such as deep snow, extreme heat, etc. You have to decide what is a good reason to not run and what is an excuse to avoid the exercise.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    All done, a little bit back to front having done a few 5k jogs before finishing.

There are physical things that can stop you such as deep snow, extreme heat, etc. You have to decide what is a good reason to not run and what is an excuse to avoid the exercise.

Congratulations!

My personal rule about skipping runs because of weather is that I won’t run in freezing rain, glare ice, or lightning. Everything else, I just have to suck it up, because it might be doing the same or worse on race day so I might as well get used to it. I do take walk breaks in extreme heat, though.

One way to make sure you aren’t using excuses to avoid exercise is to do something equally strenuous if you are forced to skip a run. In my case I know a skipped run means the same amount of time on a stationary bike, which is boring and I hate it, so I would rather run.
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Finished the Active c25k app last Wednesday. It was a timed run of 30 minutes...I finished 4.725k in that time.

Nine weeks ago I did not know if I could run for 60 seconds. :)
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    I finished today!! Woohoo! 2jfna7px4bap.jpeg

I started C25k 4 years ago and got to wk 8. Then I restarted this past April and finished! It’s doesn’t feel like a huge accomplishment to finish, it feels more like an accomplishment to feel like I’m comfortable as a jogger. I know I’ll continue even without a program.
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    I finished today!! Woohoo! 2jfna7px4bap.jpeg

I started C25k 4 years ago and got to wk 8. Then I restarted this past April and finished! It’s doesn’t feel like a huge accomplishment to finish, it feels more like an accomplishment to feel like I’m comfortable as a jogger. I know I’ll continue even without a program.

Well done, congratulations! :)
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    I've finished C25K today! :)
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    GummiMundi wrote: »
    I've finished C25K today! :)

Congrats!