2 week challenge

Replies

• mrsmunde
    mrsmunde Posts: 24 Member
    My two week challenge is to stay within my allotted calorie goal :)
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,387 Member
    edited October 2014
    Here is the star challenge results for last week ladies! sorry it took almost to Thursday to get them posted!
    Adding pictures is MUCH easier - so far the only thing I like about the update. The only problem is you can't control how big/small the picture is :(

Note - if you click on the file name below the picture it will display so you can actually see it. Clicking on the picture does nothing however...
  • ang82much
    ang82much Posts: 30 Member
    keiraev wrote: »
    Oh yeh & I am 5ft 3.5 and 122lb - I want to be 120 by Xmas!

Same, but I want it sooner! Or in my dreams 118 by Xmas
  • ang82much
    Sorry re post above. I read that on page 1 and it didn't quite register there were another 204 pages to read and that I might be butting in on a conversation! Keiraev has even deactivated her acount by now and clearly doesn't care that we share goals!! Hello, anyway, btw.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    I am still doing ok with eating. Basically I have just been walking on the treadmill in the morning while watching the news and doing my abs, guns, buns challenge. Its been a stressful couple of weeks tho...

My husband got the job he interviewed for last week. He got the call yesterday morning. Gave his resignation and a couple hours later got a call that his old company was closing the doors at 5PM going out of business! We knew things were bad but geez did we cut it close there! So it was a pretty emotional evening bc we were excited about his new job, but it was still sad to see a company he worked for for 11 years go out of business and all his former coworkers were calling him freaking out bc they are out of a job now.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Hey all. I don't know about hte new forum setup.....I don't like that ALL pages are here. I liked part 14 or whatever we were on. I did see that if you click the little picture, it will open in a new window. Maybe photo posting will be worth the change.

I'm doing ok this week. I walked Monday, ran/walk for just 20 minutes yesterday and then walked to dinner and plan on lifting during lunch today. Hopefully some yoga or something over the weekend.

Food has been so so.
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited October 2014
    Chloe - Holy cow! That is crazy. So glad though that he found something, but I can't imagine seeing somewhere you've worked for long close up like that. :\ I'm impressed you've even kept up with walking and your challenge! Good for you.

Chel - Glad you're feeling better.

Better - How's the reno coming? How are you feeling?

Hi Beeps!

Hi newbs!

I've been slacking pretty bad in the workout area the last week and a half. I just haven't had the energy. I finally got a swim in yesterday, and although it made me pretty tired, it did alleviate a lot of the cranky feelings I've been having for the last few days. I wish working out didn't make me feel so good ;) I'm planning on getting in a yoga class tonight, and maybe try for some walking this weekend, although the weather doesn't look so great. I have a 5 day weekend coming up and I couldn't be more excited! Happy Thursday all.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,922 Member
    Chloe - omg @ company shutting down!

I hate having to scroll all the way back to the top once i hit "reply".

No workout today. The end.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Chloe: Glad you guys were able to avert unemployment! I don't know if anyone can actually "retire" from a company anymore and depend on a pension like the last generation(s).

So yesterday was a no go on food. I was doing OK (ish) but then after running, they threw a surprise bday party for on of the members with mimosa's and catered by Zippy's (fried noodle, chicken, etc). I also only walked b/c my arm is so tender, I can't even touch the skin and there is a deep bruise forming from all the "micro tears" in the scar tissue. Calories were over by nearly 700 :neutral_face:

This morning I really didn't want a shake but I am drinking one. I got on the scale and came in at 145.6 again. Planning on leaving work early today to workout...I have to exercise at home and so that is always a challenge. I think I am also going to set up a bodyfat test within the next 2 weeks to see exactly what this 10lbs is (although deep in my heart, I think I know LOL).

Have a great day!
  • shanaber
    I am hoping they fix some of the 'issues' or aggravations of this new format! If not we could go to a format with a new discussion each month. I know some of the other discussions are set up that way. I just don't understand why marking a group discussion as a favorite doesn't work when at some level all discussions are part of a group!

Ok - enough whining... I am having a super busy week at work and even worked last weekend and into the evenings (posting on MFP last night at midnight :( ). I am taking tomorrow off to drive up the coast for the half marathon. Should be a pretty drive but it is going to be another hot weekend. The half doesn't start until 7 so by 9:15-9:30 when I hope to finish it will probably be in the 80s - think 'cool' thoughts for me ladies!
    I am hating tapering right when I was finally able to run some back to back days but I do know it is best for me so I am ready for Sunday. Tonight I have strength training and am really looking forward to some lifting!

Hi Newbies - welcome to the group!

Chloe - so glad your husband got that job! Will he be able to start right away or will the old company pay him out for vacation and the like? I imagine if they are closing they aren't offering any of their staff severance or anything like that. Chel - I don't know of any company that still offers retirement plans and pensions. I only see it in government and school systems.

Ram - How do you get a 5 day weekend? I need a few of those! Please, Please, Please send some of that cool wet weather down the coast for us to share!

Chel - I am sure what they are doing to your arm will be goodness eventually but it sounds terribly painful! I was fortunate when I broke mine at my elbow the bones remained in place and they didn't have to do anything with it, no cast, splint, sling or anything. I just couldn't use it for a while.

Beeps - how is the job hunt going?
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    I'll work on sending some weather down Shan. We've had pretty nice weather for here up until today, and I am NOT upset to see the rain coming back! I had a ton of vacation/personal time I had to use before maternity leave. We have a use it lose it policy. So, I scheduled a few long weekends instead of taking it all at once. It's been really nice :)
  • ang82much
    Great to hear you're all so active on here! I'm off trekking/camping this weekend with a local trekking club, so have just been packing my backpack. I always seem to end up carrying more weight in my bag than others - how do they keep theirs down??! Maybe I should take out that flask of red wine? (a bit drastic). And trim the first aid kit a bit? Also a hot weather forecast here this weekend (Sydney, Australia) so I have to take heaps of water which doesn't help! Looking forward to it lots though - I love going off in to the wilderness with my little tent.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    ang, a bag of wine might be better-just take it out of the box;) I am a fan of box wine because it's not like a bottle when you open you have to finish pretty quickly.
    I got in some lifting last night. I decided not to bid on any equipment, mostly because I don't want to workout in my garage and I would keep my membership anyway. I think I just wanted a good deal on a squat rack for someday when I can avoid a home addition:) but it's silly to spend the money to let it sit...
    I would have run tonight but my friend had a last-minute cancellation on a sippin-n-painting party so I am gonna go paint a pumpkin, or an owl.
    I have been hungry constantly this week, I don't know what is going on.
    Our building has a biometrics machine in the basement, height/weight/BMI and body fat % (using the handle-thingies) It said my body fat was 21% but I doubt it's accuracy.
    Welcome new folks, it makes me wonder how you find us now?
    I am still trying to figure things out with this new format. I am open to a monthly thing like we do on like-minded lushes if people like that idea.
    I am going to take a few weeks off from star challenge, I am trying to gear up for 21-day clutch starting Nov. 1 and already my husband is talking about dinner plans Nov. 2, ahh...
    Chloe, that is exciting that your husband has a new job right on time, crazy, I can understand the conflicting feelings but seems super lucky!
    I have the government job, I recognize it is a good gig:)
  • ang82much
    Thx for the wine advice Amy! I already sub-sampled in to a plastic bottle and used an air pump thing to remove air from remainder of original bottle (which is staying at home). They work ok for preserving wine, but agree the bags do that job too!

I found here by pressing the 'groups' button and browsing from there. I'm an intermittent visitor here and hang around for a few weeks to lose weight then disappear (and slowly put the weight back on) then come back again. And tend to repeat the process ad nauseam................ Not ideal obviously but 'maintaining' seems to be beyond me!

Plan for this pm is Bodypump. Anyone else do that? Popular in Aus and UK I think - basically an exercise class but you do weights. To music.
  • shanaber
    Hi All - just a quick check in as I am supposed to be packing... lol putting it off as usual!
    Ang - the trek sounds awesome and I am with Amy on using a bag/box wine. Here you can even order them that way from the wineries and they last so much better than an open bottle. I have heard of BodyPump but have not tried it - sounds like fun though! Maybe we can be the encouragement you need to stick around a while! You will want to come back to see what is going on here :)
    Amy - I suspect you aren't far from that 21% BF number but then I thought mine would be much lower than it was. I am still working on that! I will take you off the Star challenge for the month. I am thinking we may all want to give it a break over the holidays (Nov-Dec) unless it motivates some to stay on course over those difficult periods of parties and celebrations, etc.. let me know what you all want to do.
    Ram - that is so nice to be able to take long, long weekends! Being in CA I pretty much don't lose any vacation as long as I use some - I get 4 weeks and can roll over 4 weeks so as long as I use some i pretty much always have 4 weeks on the books. For me the bigger issue is being able to take it and getting away from the phone and pc.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Hey ladies. I like the idea of a monthly thread, and maybe just call it "checking in" since the 2 week challenge tends to take a backseat to all of us just catching up? Just an idea. I can't figure out how to bookmark my group discussions and it's annoying. I reckon they're still working out kinks....

This week has not been stellar but not awful. I don't feel like I've gotten a real workout in. I walked for work, did a tiny bit of run/walking, and that's it. I ended up having too much work to do yesterday so was not able to lift during lunch. I just really didn't feel like it anyways. Food has been pretty good I guess. I was only up 0.5 pound this week and I have been alternating between 1-1.5 pounds/week so I will take it! I will officially be in my third trimester next week and I'm still right under a 20 pound gain, so I'll take that too. I can't believe I'm already 2/3 of the way through! I'm feeling good. The baby moves a lot. I don't know if he is just more active than Daphne was or if I can just feel it more, but it's crazy.

Home addition went up quickly but we're sort of in a holding pattern for now. We had electric inspection Wednesday and framing inspection today. They dropped drywall off yesterday so may start that today. We got a ton of rain last night and I woke up to a dripping sound. Water made its way into the addition and was leaking in the kitchen ceiling, so I guess they'll fix that. The contractor has been responsive to every request, so that has been really nice. I think the addition will be done by the end of the month. That meanswalls painted, flooring in, everything done. I'll just have to paint my mural and then we need to furnish it and then move my daughter in! Pretty exciting....

Sorry not to respond to everyone. I just decided to write a book about myself. :blush: Have a great weekend ladies!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Shan- He starts the new job next Wednesday, so he has about a week off. He was still owed one paycheck and some commission from the old company, but we still aren't sure what is going on with that. I think they filed bankruptcy, so I am hopeful he will get paid.

I am doing well with eating still. But, workouts are still not good. I think I may focus on cutting calories since I for some reason can't come up with the motivation to workout. I just need to figure out a plan!
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Holy crap I do not like this new format. I have to go back & get caught up on everyone. This is going to take some getting used to. As far as eating goes it's not so much the quantity this week it's the quality, lots of drive thrus, parties & snacky food, gross. It's been a crazy busy week & my only exercise so far was a 4 1/2 mile run on Wednesday, not good!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    I can always keep my own score in November.
    I think maintaining is super-hard. But maybe staying in a range is really what it's all about.
    My best strategy for losing is just a couple of days at about 600 calories. It's not hard if you plan, and can sleep or fast through breakfast.
    This weekend the mothers-in-law are visiting so we have lots of social things and hosting brunch Sunday.
    Monday holiday, looking forward to a three-day weekend and four day workweek next week!
    I have to budget my leave pretty carefully so I workup to the two weeks off for New Zealand in February. I am taking the 4 days around Thanksgiving for Aruba, so no time at Christmas!
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Shanaber- I am the same way with packing, drives my husband nuts LOL

Amy-I want to check my BF too....going to make my appt for the bodpod today!

So yesterday was a flop again. I am in such a funk :neutral_face: I ended up having candy after lunch and then hubby made alfredo from scratch and wine. I didn't exercise either other than do my push-ups, which are far from where they need to be. I need something/someone to motivate me, to pull me until I get up speed again. My pants are still to tight and I noticed that even my undies are getting tight.

Today I woke up unmotivated again. Hubby got up at his usual 0330 to go to the gym (even on his days off)...I asked if he would drag me with him (by the hair if necessary) but he said it was his "bro" time since he meets a bunch of guys there...*sniff*. I was running late, ran out of my shake mix...so the logical option was the McD's on the way into work. I don't think the rest of the day is going to go well either. I was complaining to hubby (not that he really understands) and he said "Well it is obvious that you don't really want "it" (lose weight) because you know you are fine now and don't need to lose it....when you did have weight to lose, you lost it and you didn't have problems with making healthy decisions"...huh? Is my husband psycho-analyzing me behind my back LOL But it makes some sort of morbid sense...If I TRULY wanted to get fit(ter) and lose weight, why is it hard for me to look at a menu and fight between the choice of a burger or a salad? I should WANT the salad!

So that was my morning...we had this discussion at 0630 and before coffee so sorry if doesn't make sense LOL. As I drove off, he final comment to me was "you are like bacon: hot, sizzling, smell amazing, tasty...and slowly kill"...I guess that is romantic...I added for the last word "and a bit of a mess when not prepared right and has a high fat content" :smiley:

Ok, back to work....not that I am anticipating much happening today LOL