Catfish_Fan Posts: 380 Member
    Lincoln by Gore Vidal
  • Btrflydog
    Btrflydog Posts: 1,374 Member
    Finished Blood Memory - Greg Iles 4.5* rounded up on Good Reads

Next up - Elevation- Stephen King
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 828 Member
    The Pale Faced Lie, A True Story by David Crow is an enjoyable but heart wrenching book.

Happy to say I am back to reading!
  • Btrflydog
    Happy to hear that you are back to reading @beccaboo1276414.

The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry -Gabrielle Zevin
  • Catfish_Fan
    True Evil by Greg Iles
  • Btrflydog
    Daisy Jones & The Six - Taylor Jenkins Reid
  • Catfish_Fan
    Doomsday Book by Connie Willis
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 828 Member
    Thanks btrflydog!
  • Catfish_Fan
    I have been reading quite a bit less than normal or average for me. It will pick up in the near future.

I bought a one month subscription to Sling TV app so that I can watch the World Baseball Classic which ends next Tuesday night (the only way I can get access to Fox Sports 1). Generally I read in the evenings but I have been watching games instead lately. In addition, several shows I have been waiting for on streaming just released new seasons. I don't watch much TV at all so I can put these shows off, drag them out, and only watch a few episodes a week. Still taking away from reading time though. I was reading audiobooks while I exercise but Spring Training baseball games are airing on the audio feed during the daytime, I have been occupied with those. My reading feels like it has ground to a halt (it hasn't, but it isn't up to par for me).

I have to keep reminding myself that yes, there is way too much media to occupy free time, and no, I don't have to watch or read everything. And this isn't a race. It feels like I am out of my routine though.
  • Btrflydog
    edited March 2023
    @Catfish_Fan I can relate. I work full time so do most of my reading in the evenings. Have had cold/allergies acting up lately so I have been reading more lately. But if I'm into a series or something my reading goes down quickly.

Finished Daisy Jones & The Six. Was like an episode of MTV's Behind the Music. I was addicted to those shows.

Next - The Game of Thrones - George R. R. Martin.
  • FitMary202
    FitMary202 Posts: 1,364 Member
    @Catfish_Fan Sometimes ya just need some baseball in your life, ya know what I mean? Enjoy!

Just finished Above the Bay of Angels by Rhys Bowen. This was a departure of me too. Pretty unrealistic and light, but I needed the break.
  • Catfish_Fan
    To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis
  • FitMary202
    Go Tell it on the Mountain by James Baldwin
  • FitMary202
    The Cartographers by Peng Shepherd. Fantastical, engaging, and fun!
  • Catfish_Fan
    Blackout (Oxford Time Travel #3) by Connie Willis. Very engaging series, highly recommended.
  • Catfish_Fan
    All Clear (Oxford Time Travel #4, Blackout part 2) by Connie Willis. The All Clear series is two books which were really one that was split into two for some reason. All Clear picks up the story from Blackout without pause.
  • FitMary202
    Moscow 1941 by Rodric Braithwaite