Weight -4.6
    Bust -1.5
    Under Bust -0.75
    Waist -1.75
    Belly -1.5
    Hips -1.5
    Thigh -0.5
    Bicep -0

Very happy with the waist, belly and hips! Despite the bust loss, I am still wearing a 36D - no sure how much longer that will last though! The only measurements I actually had when I started were the hips and waist, so I have probably lost a little more in my waist, belly and thighs. Certainly feels like it. Can't wear most of my size 12 stuff anymore. Size 10 starting to get a little loose, even in jeans now! Yay, no muffin top!

And the change I can't measure is just how much more shapely everything looks, because the muscles are much more toned. Also, I just feel so energetic and motivated in all parts of my life. I think I would have lost a bit more weight if not for Christmas and Thanksgiving too.

Great results, and so many NSV's too! Congrats :drinker:

You're right about doing this over Thanksgiving and Christmas. Most people gain weight this time of year and we actually lost weight. Woo-hoo!!!!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Maybe I will do some of the other levels this week too. I just did L3D10 today. Might be nice to start Ripped in 30 on Jan 1 or 2. We should start a new thread for that. I did go out this week and and buy some 5 and 8 pound weights to add to my 3 lb weights. I have been using the 8 lb weights on some of the easier moves on L3. I'll post measurements tomorrow morning

Way to go on finishing the shred! It feels so good to finish, doesn't it? I'm WAY impressed that you used 8 lb weights. I bet you'll see some impressive results :)

I'm a little afraid of RI30, but I have to keep forcing myself to try things that I don't think I can do. It's not easy, but I continue to surprise myself! Since there are 4 levels, I'm not really sure how it's supposed to work to do it in 30 days. My plan is to do each level three times a week for 2 weeks, and then move up to the next level. That will only be 24 workout days, but it will take 8 weeks to do it. I hate stretching it out that far, but I want to continue to run, and I need some rest days (I'm old!). It would be great if we can all do this together, even if we don't have the same workout schedule.

I did L1 today and it was fun! Did advanced on everything except all the pushups, which is puzzling, since I was doing those advanced before. I think my muscles were just tired today. I did use 5 and 8 lb weights (8's for bicep curls and chest flys, 5's for everything else). My biceps and chest are probably going to be sore!

I think I will do RI30 tomorrow, because I am just dying to see what it is like! One review I read said it was easier to get through in some ways, because there is more variation in each workout.

I think you are supposed to do one week at each level - if you do it everyday. I will still try to do 6 days a week I think, and work in walking\running 3 days a week too. We'll see. I like the extra calories to eat!!!
  • natalie412
    What is a 30 day Shred?? I did not see it on this site. Thank you!! :smile:

It is a Jillian Michaels workout - about 25 minutes of intense strength, cardio and abs. You can buy the DVD pretty cheap on Amazon or other places. Very effective!
  • ncytiz
    ncytiz Posts: 105 Member
    I did L1 today and it was fun! Did advanced on everything except all the pushups, which is puzzling, since I was doing those advanced before. I think my muscles were just tired today. I did use 5 and 8 lb weights (8's for bicep curls and chest flys, 5's for everything else). My biceps and chest are probably going to be sore!

I think I will do RI30 tomorrow, because I am just dying to see what it is like! One review I read said it was easier to get through in some ways, because there is more variation in each workout.

I think you are supposed to do one week at each level - if you do it everyday. I will still try to do 6 days a week I think, and work in walking\running 3 days a week too. We'll see. I like the extra calories to eat!!!

I'm actually sore today from doing Level 1 yesterday. So weird! I guess it works muscles differently than the other levels.

It sounds like you've really jumped into exercising big time! I'm interested to hear what you think about RI30. Good luck tomorrow :smile:
  • natalie412
    Did my first session of Ripped in 30 today. I REALLY liked it. A lot more than the 30DS. Don't be afraid of it. It seems like a more well rounded workout - good balance of cardio and strength. I did maybe half advanced and half modified. 3lb weights for some and 5lb weights for others. In the 3 minutes strength session you do 30 sec each of 3 different strength exercises and then repeat, instead of 45 sec of 2. Liked that a lot more.

Also - much better productions values and Jillian explains better and is more entertaining!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    Final Stats:

Weight -4.6
    Bust -1.5
    Under Bust -0.75
    Waist -1.75
    Belly -1.5
    Hips -1.5
    Thigh -0.5
    Bicep -0

Very happy with the waist, belly and hips! Despite the bust loss, I am still wearing a 36D - no sure how much longer that will last though! The only measurements I actually had when I started were the hips and waist, so I have probably lost a little more in my waist, belly and thighs. Certainly feels like it. Can't wear most of my size 12 stuff anymore. Size 10 starting to get a little loose, even in jeans now! Yay, no muffin top!

And the change I can't measure is just how much more shapely everything looks, because the muscles are much more toned. Also, I just feel so energetic and motivated in all parts of my life. I think I would have lost a bit more weight if not for Christmas and Thanksgiving too.

Great results, that is awesome!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    I went back and did Level 1 of the 30DS yesterday - my DH saw my results and then I showed him a man's before&after pics on here, so he's decided to give it a try! So we did level 1 together yesterday, and I was very excited b/c I was able to bump up to bigger weights on several exercises. (8 lb for the bicep stuff, 5 lb for the chest flies). So cool to go back and see how much has changed! Plus I was able to do all of the jumping jacks and jump rope w/o my knees bothering me like they did the first time around - I feel like they handle things a bit better now just due to my leg muscles getting stronger.

After we did Level 1 together, I borked out my JM Yoga Meltdown that I got for Christmas - holy moly that yoga is no joke! I was sore today from the different movements I guess. I was REALLY bad at some of the stuff, still need to work at my balance and she does these chataranga pushups that I can't do yet. But MAN it is a more intense workout than I was expecting. Definitely worth a try if any of you are looking for something a little different to throw into your routine.

I also have 4 more JM DVDs on the way - No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Ripped in 30, and Extreme Shed and Shred (that's the one that just came out I think a couple of weeks ago). Can't wait to have a bunch of different routines to change things up. Plus I ordered some Tae Bo just to have something non-Jillian. LOL. Ooh, and looking around on Amazon I saw that Jillian is coming out with a Kickboxing workout in I think a couple of months. I'm sure I'll be adding that to my collection as well once it's available.
  • ncytiz
    Did my first session of Ripped in 30 today. I REALLY liked it. A lot more than the 30DS. Don't be afraid of it. It seems like a more well rounded workout - good balance of cardio and strength. I did maybe half advanced and half modified. 3lb weights for some and 5lb weights for others. In the 3 minutes strength session you do 30 sec each of 3 different strength exercises and then repeat, instead of 45 sec of 2. Liked that a lot more.

Also - much better productions values and Jillian explains better and is more entertaining!

Oh good, I'm glad you liked it! Maybe I'll be able to do it after all. I'll let you know on Monday....
  • ncytiz
    I went back and did Level 1 of the 30DS yesterday - my DH saw my results and then I showed him a man's before&after pics on here, so he's decided to give it a try! So we did level 1 together yesterday, and I was very excited b/c I was able to bump up to bigger weights on several exercises. (8 lb for the bicep stuff, 5 lb for the chest flies). So cool to go back and see how much has changed! Plus I was able to do all of the jumping jacks and jump rope w/o my knees bothering me like they did the first time around - I feel like they handle things a bit better now just due to my leg muscles getting stronger.

After we did Level 1 together, I borked out my JM Yoga Meltdown that I got for Christmas - holy moly that yoga is no joke! I was sore today from the different movements I guess. I was REALLY bad at some of the stuff, still need to work at my balance and she does these chataranga pushups that I can't do yet. But MAN it is a more intense workout than I was expecting. Definitely worth a try if any of you are looking for something a little different to throw into your routine.

I also have 4 more JM DVDs on the way - No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, Ripped in 30, and Extreme Shed and Shred (that's the one that just came out I think a couple of weeks ago). Can't wait to have a bunch of different routines to change things up. Plus I ordered some Tae Bo just to have something non-Jillian. LOL. Ooh, and looking around on Amazon I saw that Jillian is coming out with a Kickboxing workout in I think a couple of months. I'm sure I'll be adding that to my collection as well once it's available.

Wow, you've got a great selection of stuff to choose from now, so you'll never get bored. But if I know you, you'll try to do a workout from each DVD in one day :laugh:

The kickboxing DVD sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to watch out for that one.
  • CMmrsfloyd

Wow, you've got a great selection of stuff to choose from now, so you'll never get bored. But if I know you, you'll try to do a workout from each DVD in one day :laugh:

The kickboxing DVD sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to watch out for that one.

LMAO! Some of those DVDs are like 40 minutes, I don't think I could keep up with Jillian for hours on end. LOL. But yes I'm excited about having some different workouts to choose from, that will be really nice. Can't wait for DH to get through the Shred, I'm hoping he'll want to work on some Ripped in 30 or Extreme Shed and Shred after he makes it through. We took his starting measurements today so I think he'll be really excited when he sees what a difference 30 days will make.
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Hello ladies!

I took a few days off from finishing the 30DS but will do my last day today! I ran a 5k yesterday and I am not a runner. I had to walk some of it but I ran more than I ever had in a 5k, I usually walk most of it. I was so proud of myself. I want to start RI30 tomorrow and am excited for a change. I plan to do each level 6 days but do 4 days of the DVD and one day of cardio per week. I know several of you have started it already but wondered if we should start a new thread or group? Let me know and i will start a new one tomorrow.

I also will post my final results tomorrow too. Need to take new pics. I have seen so much toning but know i have a way to go to get more definition.

Congrats ladies that have finished and your awesome results!

Shred on!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    Congrats on the 5k that is awesome! I haven't tried running in awhile, I think I need to try it this week and see if the shred has helped me improve.

I am still shredding since my DH has decided to start doing it with me, but my Ripped in 30 and other Jillian DVDs should be arriving in a day or 2. I'm kind of annoyed that I jumped on ordering them from eBay - a friend told me that Target has some 2-pack workout DVDs rig now for $9.99 - there a Jillian 2-pack that includes Ripped in 30, a Biggest Loser 2-pack, and others. Just in case anyone wants a cheap way to get some variety, check out Target in the back where all the seasonal stuff always goes - there's a little section that's clearly geared toward new years resolutions and the 2-packs are back there. They have some of the exact same DVD singles in the exercise section for $10 each or more, so $9.99 for a 2-pack is a good deal. :-)
  • natalie412
    Hello ladies!

I took a few days off from finishing the 30DS but will do my last day today! I ran a 5k yesterday and I am not a runner. I had to walk some of it but I ran more than I ever had in a 5k, I usually walk most of it. I was so proud of myself. I want to start RI30 tomorrow and am excited for a change. I plan to do each level 6 days but do 4 days of the DVD and one day of cardio per week. I know several of you have started it already but wondered if we should start a new thread or group? Let me know and i will start a new one tomorrow.

I also will post my final results tomorrow too. Need to take new pics. I have seen so much toning but know i have a way to go to get more definition.

Congrats ladies that have finished and your awesome results!

Shred on!

Congrats on the 5K - that is awesome. I am hoping to do one in March or April. Definitely would like a new RI30 thread. I did in on Friday for the first time. I noticed there are already a couple threads for that starting the same time, but it would be nice to keep the same group together.
  • Music35Fly
    Music35Fly Posts: 98 Member
    Hello ladies,

Here are my final results after the 30DS. I worked out 5-6 days a week and stuck to my daily calories of 1300.

Starting measurements with final measurements
    Weight 138 - now 130
    Bust- 36" - 34.5
    Waist- 32" - 31.25
    Hips- 39" - 37
    Thighs-24"- 22.5

I am really excited to start something new and see what results i can get from changing it up. I have noticed all over body changes in the last 6-7 weeks but some of my measurement numbers have not budged in awhile. Like the hips and thigh area.
    I would like to do 4 days of RI30 and 1 day of cardio.

I look forward to see more of your results. I will check back here once in awhile but will be starting a new RI30 tread today.

Keep going ladies!
  • ncytiz
    Hello ladies,

Here are my final results after the 30DS. I worked out 5-6 days a week and stuck to my daily calories of 1300.

Starting measurements with final measurements
    Weight 138 - now 130
    Bust- 36" - 34.5
    Waist- 32" - 31.25
    Hips- 39" - 37
    Thighs-24"- 22.5

I am really excited to start something new and see what results i can get from changing it up. I have noticed all over body changes in the last 6-7 weeks but some of my measurement numbers have not budged in awhile. Like the hips and thigh area.
    I would like to do 4 days of RI30 and 1 day of cardio.

I look forward to see more of your results. I will check back here once in awhile but will be starting a new RI30 tread today.

Keep going ladies!

You did great! I think as we are getting closer to goal weight, we don't see dramatic changes as much. But you're reshaping your body and you'll keep looking better and better, regardless of what the tape or scale show. Congrats!!

I'll keep a lookout for the new RI30 thread :smile: