How bad is it to go over?

2»

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    You never know exactly how many calories you burn, so there's really no point in worrying about the exact amount of calories you eat.
    Good point!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Perspective:

1. It's doubtful anyone on this site actually gets counts of calories in or out accurate to within 230 on any given day
    2. You'd have to go over by that much (230) for more than 15 weeks to meet the 3500 calories required to gain 1 lb.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    I look at this this way - before I started MFP, I never cared that much how many calories or fat grams or CRAP I was putting in my body...............and I looked it.

So, if I go a few hundred over, or have a CHEAT day, it's absolutely NOTHING like what I was doing before.......and I'm still losing weight, and I feel great, and life will go on!

Don't obsess over such a small amount - not worth your time :happy: :happy:
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    As generalized as MFP is that 230 cals may not even be 230 anyways. You have to remember unless you track EVERY calorie in and out then it's just a generalization and if you are only 230 over then you are perfectly fine!

This is why Dr. Mirkin and my weight loss Doc, both say the big part is writing down what you eat. Counting calories is a pain and something you wont stick to the rest of your life.

There is no "cheat" days, just plan on 19 health meals, and 2 for yourself without going overboard.