HELP!! How is this possible?????

2»

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    If you feel like your body needs a rest, then go ahead and take a day off. Or if you have been pushing yourself really hard, try increasing your calorie intake for a day. Hang in there! You will get through it.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Ok. First of all, I'm one of those people who weighs themselves every day. Basically, 'cause I'm curious and maybe a little OCD. BUT, I only worry about the lb, not the oz, and I only count the weight gain or loss if I see it for 3 consecutive days on the scale. You have to remember that our weights fluctuate up and down all the time. How hydrated are you? When was the last time you had a bowel movement? How much sodium did you consume the day before? All of these things are relative to weight - ESPECIALLY if you're looking at ounces. You need to relax about the scale. This is about getting healthier, and weight loss will come with that if you're following the calories MFP says you need to consume. So, figure out what's more stressful for you - weighing every day or once a week - and go with that. But, don't worry about small ups or downs- they'll shake out in the long run.

As to being the same weight multiple days in a row - from one who weighs herself daily, it's certainly possible. But, it's not indicative of anything in particular. I've plateaued twice in my weight loss journey and still went up/down ounces regularly. Take it as an interesting thing, but nothing more.
  • Stop weighing yourself everyday. Your body can fluctuate between 5-10 lbs esp as a woman. Exercise also increases water retention. That's most likely the issue.

Remember: Weight loss does not always mean fat loss and fat loss does not always come with weight loss. Instead of chasing a number on the scale, try using alternative measures of success, like pictures, tape measures, and how your clothes fit.

[/quote]7698264.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Exercise could cause you to retain water IF you are not drinking plenty of water before and after you work out. Your body will retain water to keep from getting dehydrated, but if you stay hydrated, it will flush out the extra water. Working out is adding muscle, which weighs more than fat.

To get the most out of your workouts, be sure to drink a least 10 eight-ounce glasses of water a day and a half cup of black coffee 20 minutes prior to the workout and a high protein drink within 20 minutes of completing the workout.

Look into Melaleuca (melaleuca) products- eating an Access bar or drinking an Access shake before workout and Proflex protein shake after will boost metabolism and help build muscle. Other companies have similar products, or drink the coffee, as I noted, and chug down an Ensure extra protein shake after working out.

Weigh in once a week only.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Definitely water weight. Sometimes just mixing up your exercises can do this. I was doing a lot of circuit training with cardio mixed in now and then. After a couple of weeks of that, we had beautiful weather so I decided to walk outside for about an hour for a few days in a row and my weight dropped!

Don't forget TOM can wreak havoc with the scale too - if your monthly visitor is on the way, that might be part of the problem.