What makes you to OVEREAT?

Replies

• jamilyn916
    jamilyn916 Posts: 8 Member
    I overeat if I’m bored or nervous. I can allow myself to get talked into overeating when I’m visiting with friends or family. I’m also a foodie who loves good food.
  • tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Stress. I always overeat when I'm stressed.
  • swanie12
    swanie12 Posts: 28 Member
    I over eat fir comfort when I m -

1 - Stressssed

2 - Bored

3 - Sad

4 - Lonley

I m going to try to identify the underlying reason I want to eat more from now on.
  • PrettyandFocused
    PrettyandFocused Posts: 23 Member
    swanie12 wrote: »
    I over eat fir comfort when I m -

1 - Stressssed

2 - Bored

3 - Sad

4 - Lonley

I m going to try to identify the underlying reason I want to eat more from now on.

I find myself eating during many of these emotions. Sugar is my comfort blanket.
  • Sundaenia
    Sundaenia Posts: 23 Member
    This is definitely the group for me...I was doing so well without sugar and then I let it back into my life. I have a difficult time with moderation so I feel like I should have known better. Also, my emotional triggers are boredom and procrastination. I have just rejoined after a long hiatus and can use more friends so anyone please feel free to add me!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    I also find sugar added foods will trigger me to overreat and I just forget about logging and start eating anything I want. Once in a while one desert does me no harm, I just jump back in the next day and move forward, other times I spiral out for weeks.
  • Irisballoon
    Irisballoon Posts: 54 Member
    My overeating phase is when im in front of the tv, watching a show I like....and my mom is usually with me, shes lost 100 or so pounds off of weight watchers so shes always watching what she eats to maintain hers.... so I usually have a salty craving when im watching tv...oh.... and late night drives to mcdonalds :/ lol
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    edited August 2018
    Stress triggers me to eat too much of the wrong types of foods.

Right now my stress levels are high in several areas of my life 😬 ..... work, family, relationship.

I need maintain my awareness and not add to the stress by over-eating and then feeling shame or guilt about it.
  • mjrc2
    mjrc2 Posts: 121 Member
    Regular television...stopped watching regular tv, and ate less.
  • MaryPiglet
    MaryPiglet Posts: 93 Member
    Stress is my main trigger too.
    The problem is that, when I break my healthy eating habits, it takes me a long time to get back on track.
    I have started treating it like an addiction, so I try not to fall of the wagon. It's not easy :(
  • HappyLoser48
    HappyLoser48 Posts: 4 Member
    I have a habit of evening snacking, which I think is from boredom. I also tend to want to eat when I'm happy. My husband and I have a September beach trip planned and I know as soon as we hit the road, before we reach the next town, I'll be ready to stop for a quick meal. Happens every time. (As for the evening snacking, I think I'm going to make a new rule, no eating in front of the TV or computer.)
  • capolintan
    capolintan Posts: 4 Member
    Definitely stress, and the fact that I love dessert and pasta so much.
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    I'm finally learning that I am a stress eater. This week has been a long binge. I restarted work after summer (I'm a teacher) and returned to missing documents, a hostile principal, a dead car battery, broken shoes...the list goes on. I first turned to alcohol to relax with ALWAYS leads to over eating. I kept thinking each day was going to "just be today" but every night for 5 nights was a binge. The anxiety was huge and the feeling of being over full is so relaxing. Finally feeling stable this morning and recognizing the need to .... actually I don't know what I need to do to prevent binges. But I'm recognizing what triggers them
  • mjrc2
    mjrc2 Posts: 121 Member
    edited August 2018
    fostersu wrote: »
    I'm finally learning that I am a stress eater. This week has been a long binge. I restarted work after summer (I'm a teacher) and returned to missing documents, a hostile principal, a dead car battery, broken shoes...the list goes on. I first turned to alcohol to relax with ALWAYS leads to over eating. I kept thinking each day was going to "just be today" but every night for 5 nights was a binge. The anxiety was huge and the feeling of being over full is so relaxing. Finally feeling stable this morning and recognizing the need to .... actually I don't know what I need to do to prevent binges. But I'm recognizing what triggers them

First of all, thank you for being a teacher. It is an underpaid job that is very important to our community.
    Stress eating is pretty common, so is night time eating. I know I do it because I am on vacation right now and having a very easy time watching my caloric intake, but once I return to work, I will be battling the snacky stress monster again. I also like to go to bed with a full/overfull tummy.
    Everyone is different. One thing that helps me is to plan most of my daytime food and leave an aggressive amount of calories for nighttime. This way I stay at a deficit, but feel like I am treating myself and I get to eat more at night-if that makes sense. Maybe next week try planning to eat more at night? I try to save at least 400 calories for my evening/before bedtime food.

• ARTMOM717
    ARTMOM717 Posts: 11 Member
    edited September 2018
    Without being mindful, I overeat: hence 25 extra pounds that hang around closer than an unwanted friend. I need to reset my overeating mindset on a daily basis, but even more so, I need the support of people who understand so that I will be held accountable so that I don't overeat. I need a simple plan that I can go to no matter what crazy thing is happening in my life, because it is so easy to overeat for any reason. If I am wanting sugar, that is the danger sign...it means I haven't been listening to my feelings and stuffing them somewhere. Do any of you just start eating and binge for no reason? Are you aware of your feelings?
  • winnerinky
    winnerinky Posts: 5 Member
    All the food ads- even on myfitnesspal!!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Photographs of food, yes, the smell of baked goods, YES, very triggering,
  • sylvia270
    sylvia270 Posts: 33 Member
    cravings. mostly sugar cravings. I use food to celebrate. I also use food to numb bad feelings or just distract me from them.
  • clsumrall1
    clsumrall1 Posts: 491 Member
    Since surgery I have unconsciously over eaten and immediately hurt. Now to stop being on remote control so I don’t pay the price. It’s a xhausting being so “present” all the time. I think that’s the whole point by the way. I used food to knumb my brain so I wasn’t really living my life. Being oblivious was my happy place. Or so I thought. :)