What did you want to be when you grew up!

Replies

• I wanted to be in broadcasting and communications or a teacher..back and forth between both. Now I am a full time wife and mother of four. I love it and would never change it..but thinking about going back to school now to get my teaching degree. Now that th kids are older! Now that i think of it..theres lots of communications involved in being a mom lol!
  • CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    First and foremost, "famous" - although when I was a little kid I wasn't really sure what that meant. But I knew that you got to wear lots of makeup and have your ears pierced :P
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    A mortician. :) Someone had to be "that" kid, lol.

I was a mortician's assistant before becoming a stay at home mama. :) one day......

AWEsome. Seriously.

Aw, thank you. I miss it so much. I asked my former boss if he would take his laptop into the prep room and call me on skype to get my embalming fix... ha. :)
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    I wanted to be Mary Tyler Moore. She looked like she was a strong woman doing it all on her own. I had no idea what "it" was she was "doing". Then I decided I should be a secretary, like my Mom. Because I had a chovanistic sort of family and what else could I do? I was a whoop-*kitten* typist, but my Mom actually convinced me to take the easier math classes despite my math teacher telling me I didn't belong there. I typed many of my classmates applications for college, then an astounding thing happened: a teacher asked me why I didn't type my own. My Grandpa told me I could be a great hair stylist. That was the last straw. I entered college as a biology major. I wanted to be a biologist, or in forestry. I loved biology, science, plants and animals. First book and calculator for my first class and I sadly realized I was woefully unprepared. I became a nurse. A practical and science related field that seemed like it would be a smart job market pick. It was.

I tried to never allow my girls to think they can't do math. I tried to push them into being math-ish and aspire to being smart. Proudly, my oldest is an Entomologist/microbiologist, and my 11 yr old is, indeed, loving math-science-animals-biology. Life has a way of working out. I have 2 granddaughters and I believe they are smart as whips. :)
  • knickels1987
    knickels1987 Posts: 212 Member
    I wanted to be a boxer, a mortician, a cosmetologist, ultrasound technician, & I would love to do piercings.
  • SeanIsMyHomeboy
    SeanIsMyHomeboy Posts: 107 Member
    When i grew up I wanted to be married to Lisa Bonet.

I'm still keeping the faith...
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I want to be a nurse......I did in a way....I used to work in an age care hostel.......

Now I have the bestest job.....I drive taxi's and simply love it...My age care work has come in really handy cause I deal with a lot of elderly......
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    All I remember is telling everyone that I wanted a maid.

Therefore, when I was little I wanted to marry someone rich and do nothing.

It WILL happen for me someday.....:cry:
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    I wanted to be a gymnast, then an accountant
    Currently a Dental Assistant with desire to be a mega-million lottery winner!
  • when i was younger, i wanted to be a music teacher or a famous drummer.

i went from art major to engineer -- now working as an engineer.

but really, i want to be starbuck from battlestar galactica. (haha, yep, nerd.)
  • jaci34
    jaci34 Posts: 225 Member
    I wanted to be a veterinarian...yep, that didn't happen!!!
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    i wanted to be Mary Lou Retton or the lady that puts the mashed potatoes in the little cups at KFC.

Im a legal assistant to 3 attorneys - 1 of which makes my job suck. everything else about it is fine.

i would love to sell purses.
  • newbeetler
    newbeetler Posts: 197 Member
    I always wanted to do something in Computers.

I got GCSE's in IT. BTEC National in IT and a Degree (BSc Hons) in Business IT.

But I failed 1 exam in my Degree which was in Database's. My Database Teacher told me to never do anything in database's.

3 Weeks later I got a job as an Oracle Database Administrator lol.

I am still doing it 14 years later at my 5th firm and keep getting a new thirst for it.

Never boring and Never the same 1 day to the next.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    What Im doing now:
    -going to school for pharmacy

Some of the things I wanted to do, there is a lot in total:
    -Video Game Designer
    -Computer Lawyer
    -Currency Trader
    -Computer Engineer
    -Stand Up Comedian
    -Actor
    -Pastor (so I could just talk and everyone has to listen)
    -Radio personality
    -TV personality
    -Forensic Scientist
    -Dentist
    -Club DJ
    -Wedding DJ
    -Sound Technician
    -Sound Engineer
    -Producer
    -Programmer
    -Blogger.Journalist
    -Owner of a haunted house
    -Chemical Weapons Engineer
    -CIA

Im sure there is a lot more, but thats the few I can think of right now
  • These are great !
  • jlchow
    jlchow Posts: 40
    I wanted to be a ninja.

Biology grad student, now -- also a ninja.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    I wanted to do anything with flying, I was thinking about being a pilot. Now I am a fashion designer :)
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Always wanted to be an Archeologist or Egyptologist.
    :)
    Now I am a property manager and just graduated with a B.S. in Advertising and trying to get into that now.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    LOVED her show :)
    I wanted to be Mary Tyler Moore. She looked like she was a strong woman doing it all on her own. I had no idea what "it" was she was "doing".
  • Wanted to be a marine biologist or an egyptologist in the worst way.

Now? I'm a stay-at-home mom going to school online for medical coding.

Hoping that someday after the kids are older I can at least SEE my 2 dreams by going to the ocean and Egypt. Hopefully...