dizziness, pounding heart, ect

2»

Replies

• melissa97
    melissa97 Posts: 57 Member
    I have had blood glucose done and had a full workup with the cardiologist (echo, ekg, stress stress, ect). i always eat befor ethe gym, usually oatmeal, coffee and a sm cup of Oj. This doesnt always happen when im pushing myself, it also happens when im walking at a 3.0 w/ no incline. thanks for all the great suggestions...im gonna look into the asthma thing cuz i was wheezing and gasping for air before passing out. i really think the anxiety plays a huge part now so i gotta figure out how to not let the anxiety take over my workout
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    I am curious as to what your doctor suggests. Just saying everything is fine, isn't enough. I would find a different doctor.

It could be stress, dehydration, anxiety. I can't imagine the doctor not suggesting these things too though. Anxiety can do a number on your heart rate. If you are stressed and walking at a moderate pace it can feel the same.

When you start to feel like that, force yourself to think of something else. even if it is only for 2 minutes. If it goes away, you know it is anxiety. Think of something that comforts you and have that thought in your head. Keep it as a plan for when you start to feel that way again, then pull it up and think about that. see if it relaxes you.
    I used to get that way sitting on the couch at night. My mind would start racing, then my heart would start pounding like it was going to jump out of my chest, then I would start to worry more that I was going to have a heart attack or something. I tried that trick and it seemed to go away, so I assumed it was anxiety and my worst fears. You might find that when you are exercising your mind it wandering around all the other stuff you have going on in life and that is making your heart race even faster thant the exercising is.

Best wishes to you.