lifting heavy not working! help!!

13»

Replies

• spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    You need to eat no more than 25 grams of protein at least 6 times a day, and eat no more than 37 minutes after your workout.
    Solid Broscience/10
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    People kept saying if I lifted heavy I'd get all manish and butch. But I've been lifting heavier and heavier weight for about a month and instead of getting mannish and bulky, I'm not!! I used to be a tight size 10 today my size 6's had some space in the thigh and waist area. There's so much less bulk on my stomach after all this work! And I don't think I look mannish at all because my husband keeps grabbing me and telling me I'm hot.

what am I doing wrong!!

I know the feeling. I also started lifting heavy in the hope that I will look like a guy, In the last 3 months I was only able to look sexy.....I mean now I have men looking at me!!!! So not what I was hopeing for :angry:

i love it:bigsmile:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    OMG I love everyone in this thread right now - I can't stop laughing! Especially at the picture from RonSwanson66!!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    omg i love you all lmao
    i had to explain everything to my husband because hes looking at me like im crazy
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Zac signal for the win!!!!

That is greatest thing I've seen all day. *right click - save as*
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    MORE REPS!!!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Thank you all. I feel so supported! Here's hoping for tree trunk legs and a middle like a tractor by Christmas!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    Are you using your HRM to record your burn during sex... I think that is the key you are missing!
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Thank you all. I feel so supported! Here's hoping for tree trunk legs and a middle like a tractor by Christmas!
    I love you.
  • jetscreaminagain
    I do want to comment in all seriousness how truly disappointed I am when I think of all the really good, informative threads on this topic that have been deleted due to a certain person derailing them. They were good threads with lots of information. I didn't mind the pictures either. But she didn't show up here. I'm hoping TGFTIB worked, and maybe we can start a real thread in the main forums on the actual results of weight lifting for women? Maybe she's got us all ignored and won't show up there.

Truly, I like the results I'm getting, and I'm a member of the NROLW group, but I'm a novice, and really liked the deleted threads for their information.

I used to have popeye calves. All my life. Actually bulky calves. Muscular too, so they looked pretty good in heels, but bigger than I wanted and a little too reminiscent of my father's calves. With the weight lifting, for realz, my calves are smaller and leaner.

I said it before, I'll say it again, lifting heavy doesn't make me bulky, being fat does.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    I do want to comment in all seriousness how truly disappointed I am when I think of all the really good, informative threads on this topic that have been deleted due to a certain person derailing them. They were good threads with lots of information. I didn't mind the pictures either. But she didn't show up here. I'm hoping TGFTIB worked, and maybe we can start a real thread in the main forums on the actual results of weight lifting for women? Maybe she's got us all ignored and won't show up there.

Truly, I like the results I'm getting, and I'm a member of the NROLW group, but I'm a novice, and really liked the deleted threads for their information.

I used to have popeye calves. All my life. Actually bulky calves. Muscular too, so they looked pretty good in heels, but bigger than I wanted and a little too reminiscent of my father's calves. With the weight lifting, for realz, my calves are smaller and leaner.

I said it before, I'll say it again, lifting heavy doesn't make me bulky, being fat does.

Now you're just talking crazy.

I don't think any of my bulking threads have been locked or deleted...
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    Since drinking pregnant women's pee is supposed to make you skinny, maybe you should try drinking some body-builder's pee to make you bulkier?

Sounds logical to me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    This should work. Swim with sweats on in the pool, then jump out and use pink dumbells for shoulder presses. Then add a bout of Tae bo along with some elongating yoga work and you should be good to go. This always adds bulk.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Have you tried grunting? Not just when lifting... grunting ALL the time?

And flexing when you pick up a glass of milk?
  • jetscreaminagain
    Have you tried grunting? Not just when lifting... grunting ALL the time?

And flexing when you pick up a glass of milk?

Oh geez! Total win!